Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

We needed a CB regardless, there's no reason to think that this deal depends on Colo leaving. He might still leave, but I think we'll do this deal either way.

Is rather contradictory to our MD's explaination of our colouring pens though isn't it? I mean 3 PURPLE CBs at the club. Financial ruin, man!

:lol:

I don't think it's as black and white as all that TBH, it's obvious we need a CB. If Taylor is the purple then he's always injured, and no way Williamson is anything other than brown.

The 3 would be Colo, Taylor and New Boy. Willo won't be on much.

FWIW, i do think the club will let Colo go if this lad comes in. Just hope they wait until the summer.

Regarding Colo, the end of the season isn't years away is it, it's basically 4 months. Unless he's gone mentally to the point where he can't offer anything to the team and is becoming a disruptive factor in the dressing room then surely he could stay til the end of the season.

Regarding Colo, the end of the season isn't years away is it, it's basically 4 months. Unless he's gone mentally to the point where he can't offer anything to the team and is becoming a disruptive factor in the dressing room then surely he could stay til the end of the season.

He surely would have gone already if the need was really urgent, that's what gives me some hope we can hold onto him.

We needed a CB regardless, there's no reason to think that this deal depends on Colo leaving. He might still leave, but I think we'll do this deal either way.

Is rather contradictory to our MD's explaination of our colouring pens though isn't it? I mean 3 PURPLE CBs at the club. Financial ruin, man!

:lol:

I don't think it's as black and white as all that TBH, it's obvious we need a CB. If Taylor is the purple then he's always injured, and no way Williamson is anything other than brown.

Not how Llambias sees it, this was the exact example he used when describing the purple players wank.

Any one reckon we'd be signing MBiwa if we'd signed Remy? I reckon this is the Remy money being spent.

I don't think our transfers work like that. It's more to do with getting the right deal for a player and making sure he's young enough to not be worthless when we need/want to sell.

I think we always wanted Debuchy, a CB and a striker.

Any one reckon we'd be signing MBiwa if we'd signed Remy? I reckon this is the Remy money being spent.

Interesting point, as it seems the Remy alternative (Gouffran), is so much cheaper.

Pardew did say the money spent on one would affect the other.

I think this is more likely linked to the Colo situation, in that even if he doesn't leave now it looks like he probably will in the summer.

I don't think our transfers work like that. It's more to do with getting the right deal for a player and making sure he's young enough to not be worthless when we need/want to sell.

Well Pardew did say that how much we spend on a centre half depends on how much we spend on a striker. We didn't get Remy and it looks like Gouffran for €1m instead.

Well Pardew did say that how much we spend on a centre half depends on how much we spend on a striker. We didn't get Remy and it looks like Gouffran for €1m instead.

Ah right, I didn't realise he'd specifically said that.

Guest firetotheworks

Not to be cynical, but if this comes off, there is not a doubt in my mind that this is as a replacement for Colo.

1045 flight from paris due in at 1230 , will he be on it ?. alternatively if her's flown from the south of france into london there are flights from gatwick landing at 1120 (could be here already) and heathrow landing at 1134.

Guest firetotheworks

Not to be cynical, but if this comes off, there is not a doubt in my mind that this is as a replacement for Colo.

That is being cynical.

History and the backdrop of the Coloccini situation would probably put it in the realistic category.

That is being cynical.

History and the backdrop of the Coloccini situation would probably put it in the realistic category.

Since when do we get replacements in before someone leaves?