Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

What really boils my blood is exactly what you said in the first sentence Mick; players should be embarrassed going down with that type of contact. Hand on arm and he goes down screaming and flailing his arms. Can't stand Suarez, I don't even give a f*** about his "brilliance" anymore, despise everything about that prick.

Michael Owen was a cheating bastard, his party trick was to go over a tackle and drop a foot so he was brought down.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He wont be embarrassed when he gets his win bonus. 

He gets a win bonus for a draw?

Did he know he was getting a draw at the time?

If I was a footballer I'd have been embarrassed if I'd gone down like Suarez.  Mbiwa did have his hand on him but Suarez made the most of it and knew what he was doing when he went down.

I don't understand comments like these. He was fouled, and it is likely the penalty wouldn't have been given and Mapou would have been able to impede him with impunity if he doesn't go to ground. The guy has every right to fall in this situation.

So he'll get a win bonus because he thought that he would at the time?  OK.

If I was a footballer I'd have been embarrassed if I'd gone down like Suarez.  Mbiwa did have his hand on him but Suarez made the most of it and knew what he was doing when he went down.

I don't understand comments like these. He was fouled, and it is likely the penalty wouldn't have been given and Mapou would have been able to impede him with impunity if he doesn't go to ground. The guy has every right to fall in this situation.

Absolute nonsense. A "right to fall" ffs. Something seriously wrong with the game when it's ok for an adult male to topple over and scream with pain because somebody puts a hand on his shoulder.

Absolute nonsense. A "right to fall" ffs.

:thup:

He wasn't fouled, he made it look as if he was.

The hand on him didn't cause him to go down, his reaction to it did.  I think he would have scored anyway if he'd stayed on his feet.

He had no right to fall, falling isn't a right.  :lol:

People act like the referees are going to make the proper decision if people don't make it obvious they were fouled. This simply is not the case.

You shouldn't go down unless you have no way of staying on your feet.

As a professional player you'd think players would take pride in not going down like a gun was fired at first sign of contact in the box to gain a penalty kick and send off your opponent.

I recall years ago Robbie Fowler getting a penalty in his favor which he did not agree with and he pleaded for it to not be a penalty. You just don't see that anymore man it's a shame.

Way too many fouls and cards these days, people say "it's rule of the game" Etc, but well..,those rules are crap and need some changing. It's senseless stuff how many yellows were brandished today for soft tackles.

I'll always point to the Callum Macca tackle not getting a single punishment, card nothing. But Mapou puts his hand on the back/arm of Suarez who goes down instantly and it's within the rules to send him off. Great rules.

Guest Haris Vuckic

So he'll get a win bonus because he thought that he would at the time?  OK.

Are you daft lad?

Pay particular attention to the contemporary meaning of the word ''lad'' by the way,

Imo the arched back and pained expression that is the hallmark of an exaggerated fall should negate the foul. Sturridge's fall under Cabaye's challenge to win a penalty at SJP two seasons ago was utterly cringeworthy and should have been a free kick our way.

As a professional player you'd think players would take pride in not going down like a gun was fired at first sign of contact in the box to gain a penalty kick and send off your opponent.

I recall years ago Robbie Fowler getting a penalty in his favor which he did not agree with and he pleaded for it to not be a penalty. You just don't see that anymore man it's a shame.

Way too many fouls and cards these days, people say "it's rule of the game" Etc, but well..,those rules are crap and need some changing. It's senseless stuff how many yellows were brandished today for soft tackles.

I'll always point to the Callum Macca tackle not getting a single punishment, card nothing. But Mapou puts his hand on the back/arm of Suarez who goes down instantly and it's within the rules to send him off. Great rules.

Fowler then promptly tried to score from that falsely earned penalty and Liverpool did eventually score because footballers are paid to win matches and should try everything outside of blatant cheating to reach that goal. For me, there is a difference between a dive and falling when you have been adversely contacted. That contact from Yanga-Mbiwa on Suarez looks light, but at full speed this is more than enough to send someone off balance for .5 seconds, which is enough to end a goalscoring chance when a keeper who is also running full speed is a few yards away. If the illegal contact from our player means that his chance of scoring has been lessened by any amount, it is the proper decision to go down. Call me when the guy actually dives or starts biting again, I will join the outrage.

I thought you were a warrior, Baba. Right to pretend to be felled? I didn't think you'd be into that sort of thing at all.

IS THIS WAR? War, where massive entities pay sums in the millions to simply subsist and take the profit from clubs with no desire to compete. War, where small contacts are harshly punished by an arbitrary judge and losses rarely affect the players. The arena of sport is much different. If we are playing a serious game with refs, I will act accordingly.

Imo the arched back and pained expression that is the hallmark of an exaggerated fall should negate the foul. Sturridge's fall under Cabaye's challenge to win a penalty at SJP two seasons ago was utterly cringeworthy and should have been a free kick our way.

http://www.liverpoolsite.com/media/galeria/110/4/7/3/9/n_liverpool_fc_match_day_31_newcastle_united_fc_vs_liverpool_f_c-4319374.jpg

Same old Liverpool.

I can only recall two blatant dives in my time watching Newcastle. Southgate on Ambrose against Boro in 03/04, Shearer scored the resulting penalty, and Duff against Zulte Waregem in 06/07, Martins scored the pen.