Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

He would have been slaughtered if he'd let Suarez go through on the keeper.

I don't think he would have, like. If he'd kept his hands down, you'd have had to put your hands up (lulz) and say - that's a brilliant first touch/goal by Suarez.

There's that as well. :thup: Really once Tiote played him onside he's caught between a rock and a hard place.

Mostly out of his own doing, btw, Tiote being a thick fucking idiot notwithstanding.

He'll learn and hopefully have some great years here but we can't rely on him yet. He's going to have be phased in as Colo's phased out.

There's that as well. :thup: Really once Tiote played him onside he's caught between a rock and a hard place.

Mostly out of his own doing, btw, Tiote being a thick f***ing idiot notwithstanding.

He'll learn and hopefully have some great years here but we can't rely on him yet. He's going to have be phased in as Colo's phased out.

Well i can't argue with that either :lol:

Don't know why he was clapped off like.

I clapped him off because from where I was sitting it looked like he'd played well and been sent off harshly.  I still think it was harsh but I wouldn't have clapped him off if I'd seen him putting his hand on Suarez because that was asking for a card.

Imo, in those situations you take the risk of them scoring and not giving the referee a decision to make.

It is the logical conclusion but in the heat of the moment and as a defender you do what you can to stop goals... :dontknow:

Better defenders make the right decisions though in those situations.

Most better defenders a) cost a lot more, b) are older than Mapou.

I clapped him off, what else would i do, hes a Newcastle player, who untill then had a good game, I'm not going to stop supporting him just because he's put his arm out in the heat of the moment.

Mostly out of his own doing, btw, Tiote being a thick fucking idiot notwithstanding.

A fair assessment, I think.

We must invest at CB again once Coloccini goes. Really hope it's someone who's 'tried and tested', to use a cliche. Yanga-Mbiwa has lots of potential, he needs to be accompanied by an experienced player who can come straight in and perform.

Not sure about that.... i have seen genuine WC defenders in similar situation do the same things.

Its difficult to see a striker through on goal as a defender and think " i'll leave him and hope my goalkeeper saves it".

Of course we all wish he did that but its not an easy thing to do in the heat of the moment.

Hope he learns from it anyway.

:thup:

Can't ever remember seeing a defender let an opposition player score. Despite us all now thinking it would have been better just to let him through if MYM did he would have been called worse than shit now.

Edit: As Mick said.

Just been reminded to Luiz yesterday :lol:

The 2011-12 Ligue 1 table makes interesting reading, MYM's Montpellier side that he captained to the title (in which he played nearly every game) conceded only 11 goals at home all season (3 of them in one game which MYM missed), and had a considerably better defensive record than any of their rivals at the top.

However he's been doing at the moment, he's quite clearly a very accomplished defender, with far more pedigree than loads of French centre halves who have come into the Premier League and done well. I just cringe at anyone calling him shite, it's an unenviable trait of the modern football fan that no matter how many times we see someone with an outstanding record in a good league come into the Premier League, look shit at first before eventually getting used to the game and starring, when the next one comes along, plenty won't hesitate to call them shit as well.

The 2011-12 Ligue 1 table makes interesting reading, MYM's Montpellier side that he captained to the title (in which he played nearly every game) conceded only 11 goals at home all season (3 of them in one game which MYM missed), and had a considerably better defensive record than any of their rivals at the top.

However he's been doing at the moment, he's quite clearly a very accomplished defender, with far more pedigree than loads of French centre halves who have come into the Premier League and done well. I just cringe at anyone calling him s****, it's an unenviable trait of the modern football fan that no matter how many times we see someone with an outstanding record in a good league come into the Premier League, look s*** at first before eventually getting used to the game and starring, when the next one comes along, plenty won't hesitate to call them s*** as well.

He was tremendous man, glad you've brought that up. It always takes players different amount of time to adapt to the premier league, some come in and slot in straight away and some don't. Before his sending off he looked absolutely the player I thought he would be for us.

We need to find an accomplished, experienced organizing centre half that a strong enough to handle your Benteke type CFs as well as be the right partner for Mapou going forward.

Fuck sake lads get real...if it was Saylor who had done it then he would have been ridiculed.

Don't let the fact that he's a new signing and we desperately want him to be good get in that way of the fact that it was complete and utter madness from him. Liverpool were there for the taking yesterday and we would have beat them if this donkey had of kept his cool.

The difference is Saylor has been doing those type of things for a decade.

However he's been doing at the moment, he's quite clearly a very accomplished defender, with far more pedigree than loads of French centre halves who have come into the Premier League and done well. I just cringe at anyone calling him shite, it's an unenviable trait of the modern football fan that no matter how many times we see someone with an outstanding record in a good league come into the Premier League, look shit at first before eventually getting used to the game and starring, when the next one comes along, plenty won't hesitate to call them shit as well.

However he's been doing at the moment, he's quite clearly a very accomplished defender, with far more pedigree than loads of French centre halves who have come into the Premier League and done well. I just cringe at anyone calling him s****, it's an unenviable trait of the modern football fan that no matter how many times we see someone with an outstanding record in a good league come into the Premier League, look s*** at first before eventually getting used to the game and starring, when the next one comes along, plenty won't hesitate to call them s*** as well.

Absolutely this. To captain your side at that age, and concede that amount of goals is immense. He will be class for us in time, absolutely class. I'll try not to taint this by saying he'd probably be better under a better manager/coach etc.. so.. That's for everybody else to make their mind up on  :angel: :snod:

I don't even think he's been that bad for us so far TBH, he's been the sacrificial lamb for the general lack of defensive structure in the team. He was given a tough time by Lukaku, no surprise. Aye, he placed his hand on Suarez' shoulder, hardly crime of the century.

He looked better alongside Willi than Colo and I think it may be down to Colo being the one who comes out from the back be it to close down or to carry the ball.

In France MYM was a monster at coming out from the back with the ball but I think Pardews tactics are costing him his natural game.

I love MYM, honestly believe he is a top draw, was having a good game on Saturday till his red which he was still unfortunate about as it was Tiote who played Suarez onside, Tiote got out a second earlier, that doesn't happen and we could have picked up 3 points with people saying how good MYM was. Doesn’t deserve his 3 game ban unlike our other nugget of a centre back when he saw red in the opening game.

I love MYM, honestly believe he is a top draw, was having a good game on Saturday till his red which he was still unfortunate about as it was Tiote who played Suarez onside, Tiote got out a second earlier, that doesn't happen and we could have picked up 3 points with people saying how good MYM was. Doesn’t deserve his 3 game ban unlike our other nugget of a centre back when he saw red in the opening game.

1 game ban.

1 game ban.

Is it? Ahhhhh bonus, thought it was the 3.