Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mbiwa will be a top centre half - but he has a lot to do. Seems to switch off a little.

It's one of those positions where you have to concentrate for 90 minutes. You can't switch off.

I put the blame more at Tiote's door for playing Suarez on tbh. There's not a lot else he could have done other than just let Suarez shoot, which you just don't do. It's a shame cos he was looking superb up until that point.

What? Of course you can.

What you don't do is make a challenge from behind/pull him back.

Tiote takes blame for the chance and clear-cut opportunity. MYM takes blame for getting himself sent off, getting a suspension and giving away a clear cut goalscoring opportunity anyway.

I know its in the rules, but its a massive contradiction when you get sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity when the outcome is then a free shot a goal from 12 yards out - which in this case was actually a clearer chance than Suarez had.

Whole double punishment is something that FIFA/UEFA/FA need to look at imo. A penalty/yellow card would have been right

Guest bimpy474

I put the blame more at Tiote's door for playing Suarez on tbh. There's not a lot else he could have done other than just let Suarez shoot, which you just don't do. It's a shame cos he was looking superb up until that point.

What? Of course you can.

What you don't do is make a challenge from behind/pull him back.

Tiote takes blame for the chance and clear-cut opportunity. MYM takes blame for getting himself sent off, getting a suspension and giving away a clear cut goalscoring opportunity anyway.

I know its in the rules, but its a massive contradiction when you get sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity when the outcome is then a free shot a goal from 12 yards out - which in this case was actually a clearer chance than Suarez had.

Whole double punishment is something that FIFA/UEFA/FA need to look at imo. A penalty/yellow card would have been right

Maybe go along the lines off, if the penalty is scored he stays on and yellow. If it's missed, then card him red and off. Tbh this will always be a debate whichever way it goes.

Guest icemanblue

Silly decision. We'd have been better off level, with eleven players on the pitch. Was having a good game up until then too.

Apparently the word 'future' doesn't appear in the cirriculum in Wallsend. I am shocked.

This is a disgraceful comment.

Well he completely bypasssed what I'd actually said and used it to start a pretty ridiculous argument. Everyone else seemed to think what I said was perfectly reasonable. :dontknow:

I think the fact he played so good before the sending off will do wonders for him. Pards should absolutely be saying to him "Look, what happened happened, but you staying on and we would have won the match, you were tremendous. Soon as you're back from suspension, go show everyone that type of performance again"

Guest bimpy474

Footballers now have no shame, no embarrassment and imo are openly encouraged by their managers through lack of punishment for cheating.

It's modern football unfortunately.

If I was a footballer I'd have been embarrassed if I'd gone down like Suarez.  Mbiwa did have his hand on him but Suarez made the most of it and knew what he was doing when he went down.

What really boils my blood is exactly what you said in the first sentence Mick; players should be embarrassed going down with that type of contact. Hand on arm and he goes down screaming and flailing his arms. Can't stand Suarez, I don't even give a fuck about his "brilliance" anymore, despise everything about that prick.