Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa joins AS Roma then Lyon

KaKa

Underrated for us. Seems now we will be looking towards Nolan and Barton type / standard players again (nothing against them) throughout the squad and we have to hope they had their mentality, otherwise we will be fucked. Players will realise we're a stepping stone but not as ideal a stepping stone as somewhere like West Ham where they get paid shitloads. We're like a fucking lilypad compared to some stepping stones in terms of a players financial options.

Underrated for us. Seems now we will be looking towards Nolan and Barton type / standard players again (nothing against them) throughout the squad and we have to hope they had their mentality, otherwise we will be f***ed. Players will realise we're a stepping stone but not as ideal a stepping stone as somewhere like West Ham where they get paid shitloads. We're like a f***ing lilypad compared to some stepping stones in terms of a players financial options.

Yup criminal decisions being made just to keep the king in power.

Seems like we are just going to struggle on trying to stay in the league with clogger's, I guess Ashley sees this as less risky as he won't be gambling 8 million on the linked of Mbiwa.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Stop giving him your hard earned money.

Aye. Well no approach has been attempted properly yet I would say like. As usual we all cannot agree...

Maybe if we all did the same thing he would get the message - whatever that 'thing' may be...

No I mean best ever since when? Ever?

Pretty much yeah. Basing that on my opinion from the potential he demonstrated whilst at Montpellier. (saw a shit load of Ligue 1 games on my time off the sick with my back) but sadly it's not going to be.

Fair enough. :thup:

I think his lack of size and ability in the air will always hold him back in this country to an extent but he could become an NUFC great, no doubt.

FWIW I think he'd look fantastic alongside a commanding CB in the mould of John Terry where his lack of size would be less of an issue. Him and Colo are similar in that respect, both would complement a big defender very well, but alongside each other they will be susceptible in the air, especially in dead ball situations. But they are both better defenders in all other areas than anyone else we've got on the books by a country mile.

Aye. Well no approach has been attempted properly yet I would say like. As usual we all cannot agree...

Maybe if we all did the same thing he would get the message - whatever that 'thing' may be...

Stop going to games.

Stop going to games.

Or you could speak out at the games? Neither method has been proven...

Stop going to games.

People have spoken out at games, nowt's happened. Playing in front of a half-empty stadium would send more of a message than anything else.

Stop going to games.

People have spoken out at games, nowt's happened. Playing in front of a half-empty stadium would send more of a message than anything else.

:thup:

Guest Bert Shaft

I'm not convinced either way to be honest. Like I said, neither way has been tried out by the majority as a collective unit. That's not to say you're wrong.

Boycotting helped to get rid of McKeag and his cronies. Admittedly times were different but Newcastle fans staying away in big numbers in this day and age will be newsworthy for the media and will surely get fatty the bad publicity he won't want or enjoy. Those who won't stay away should dedicate next season to making the classless headbutting hooligan and smarmy wideboy  Pardew's life a fuckin' misery, what goes around comes around and all that!

I think because MYM looks comfortable on the ball and possesses many of the qualities that traditionally CB's don't have, we are falling into the trap of actually thinking that he could be a could player for us. Santon also looks like he should be a good player, and yet defensively I don't think I've seen a worse full back in 40 years of watching Newcastle.

I think because MYM looks comfortable on the ball and possesses many of the qualities that traditionally CB's don't have, we are falling into the trap of actually thinking that he could be a could player for us. Santon also looks like he should be a good player, and yet defensively I don't think I've seen a worse full back in 40 years of watching Newcastle.

Not that any of them have been great, but our other two leftbacks are just as bad if not worse.

Yanga-Mbiwa has had a few mistakes, but you expect this from a 23-24 year old new to league. He has not been given a chance to grow and adapt at all. It is not even as though we brought him along slow. The manager is discarding of him at the first opportunity. It is not as though he has been catastrophic, either. This is not Gerald Cid.

I'm no less guilty than any football supporter for making decisions about players/managers that's not really based on enough contextual information - none of us like watching someone step straight in and struggle straight off the bat - but sometimes when a player has very proven pedigree at a high standard, it's better to give him an opportunity to get himself up to the required level in a new environment than stamp our feet and tell mammy that we want a new one.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62189.0.html

Think on.

You don't even need to look that far back. Just the beginning of the season, there were already people wanting Simpson back instead of Debuchy and wanted him sold. Given time to adapt, he then proved himself to be an impressive player. Despite showing signs of what he could do (Spurs' goalline clearance, recovery pace, reading of the game, comfort on the ball) and a string of good performances with a settling CB partner, Mapou was canned immediately in favour of the returning Colo. Pardewed, not given game time, openly scapegoated for losses, missing out on the WC, it's no surprise his confidence has been affected. And people are agreeing he should be sold ffs.

You don't even need to look that far back. Just the beginning of the season, there were already people wanting Simpson back instead of Debuchy and wanted him sold. Given time to adapt, he then proved himself to be an impressive player. Despite showing signs of what he could do (Spurs' goalline clearance, recovery pace, reading of the game, comfort on the ball) and a string of good performances with a settling CB partner, Mapou was canned immediately in favour of the returning Colo. Pardewed, not given game time, openly scapegoated for losses, missing out on the WC, it's no surprise his confidence has been affected. And people are agreeing he should be sold ffs.

Not sure that's quite right. He was accused of looking little better than Simpson, and rightly so IMO. Obviously he improved massively.