Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I'd love to go for a pint with Martin Jol.  I've got it in my head he has these mad-as-owt stories stowed away from years ago about getting high, shagging birds and being on the run from the law and stuff.

Kind of don't want to go for a pint with him though incase it turns out I'm wrong and he's had an utterly mundane life.

:lol: I really like him as well.

Our best option has to be from abroad.  The realistic options from home mentioned so far aren't very inspiring, there must be plenty of managers in foreign leagues who could do a better job.  What does a manager in France get paid anyway?  I think the increased wages and the chance to manage in the Prem would be enough to convince almost any manager from the French league, for example.

I'd love to go for a pint with Martin Jol.  I've got it in my head he has these mad-as-owt stories stowed away from years ago about getting high, shagging birds and being on the run from the law and stuff.

Kind of don't want to go for a pint with him though incase it turns out I'm wrong and he's had an utterly mundane life.

:lol:

Why are people saying Adkins?  Finding it very confusing.

Why not him?

He sounds great as a manager who likes to play attacking football so I wouldn't be against his appointment. How are his teams on the back foot? Does he know how to get his teams to dig in when required?

Why are people saying Adkins?  Finding it very confusing.

Why not him?

I don't know loads about him so I'd ask again: why him?  Don't see any obvious reason why he's the answer whatsoever, other than him being available.

He's done a fantastic job at Saints with two promotions in two years, continuing the good work he did at Scunthorpe who've collapsed since he left. Very positive with football that reflects that. Since the ridiculous run of tough fixtures they had at the start of the season, they've been very impressive with a poor squad imo.

Guest nufc1892

Can't remember the details now, but didn't the Chronicle report that Ashley had sounded out a young Spanish manager a few years ago?

He's currently without a job too

edit: maybe not