Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

At this moment i would probably go for di matteo as he would be available straight away and did a pretty good job at chelsea and west brom & god forbid we go down he's also got west brom straight back first time playing some good stuff aswell.

not going back to find when i posted it but i said a while back can him and appoint carver to the end of the season...the squad need a lift now that can only come from either (a) a big/confident win or (b) relieving the dead weight of a manager from them

we're not getting (a) so taking a chance on (b) is alls we've got...don't agree with bringing anyone new in with 3 games to go tbh unless it was a long-term target they had in mind either way

At this moment i would probably go for di matteo as he would be available straight away and did a pretty good job at chelsea and west brom & god forbid we go down he's also got west brom straight back first time playing some good stuff aswell.

This, as much as I dislike him on a personal level.

Guest bimpy474

Ketsbaia is an interesting choice, still Montanier for me. With Montanier being out of contract at the end of the season, and us having so many French players, i think it's possible to get him.

Benitez? He's shown he's not averse to being treated like a doormat by club owners. And we wouldn't call him interim, he'd like that.

Unfortunately in board vs manager wars there is only going to be one winner.

His past managerial signings also hint of someone with PL experience and some PR skills, positive or otherwise (JFK).

There definitely needs to be a fundamental change in the next managerial recruitment. I hope he recognises that it will mean paying more to get a manager who can get the best out of the players or in other terms his assets. It need not be the 7m needed to get a Wenger or Ferguson. 2 or 3m should get us a decent upgrade if we look carefully. Any increase in the wage bill will more than likely be offset by the monies from an improved league position anyway. There's no more room for the current penny-wise, pound-foolish approach.

I've got a horrible feeling it will be Neil Lennon.

Imagine that :scared:

He wouldn't come. I think he'd rather stay at Celtic where he doesn't get tested and walks away with the title year after year then actually be prepared to go into a job where he has to work during the week. At Celtic all he has to do is turn up on a Saturday, tell the players to win and then go home again, in the Premiership he actually has to do his homework, he actually has to get players playing the right way in the training ground.