Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

@MsiDouglas  12m

EXCLUSIVE: Tim Sherwood 'would jump ' at the chance to manage #nufc - if Ashley acts on AP: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tim-sherwood-would-jump-chance-7776605

Pardew's transfer wish list :lol:

They'd all improve us for 3months tbf even if they would've cost the thick end of £20m.

Nobody else find the part that Colo being linked to the job was funny too? :lol:

What about Pep? Ancelotti maybe?

Well I think a guy who managed Lille for 5 years and Roma for one is slightly more realistic than Ottmar Hitzfeld who a) won the Bundesliga a million times and the Champions league twice and b) just officially retired - and yet Hitzfeld is in the poll.

I agree that Garcia is probably unrealistic given the current relative situations / league positions of Newcastle and Roma and because he's just begun a new project at Roma. However, I don't think that we should underestimate the draw of the Premier League and the opportunity to compete with managers like Mourinho, Van Gaal, Wenger, Pellegrini etc. Van Gaal almost went to Tottenham which and while they are definitely a more attractive option right now, I would consider Spurs a comparable club to Newcastle. In any case, Garcia is the kind of manager we should be trying to attract (i.e. a manager who plays entertaining attacking football and has consistently led teams to over-perform) rather than picking from the same old Premier League merry-go-round of managers (Pulis, Sherwood, Mackay, Steve Clarke, DiMateo etc.).

Lucien Favre is another one who fits the Garcia mould and hasn't yet been poached by a massive club. Hopefully he's one we'll look at if Pardew leaves.

Well I think a guy who managed Lille for 5 years and Roma for one is slightly more realistic than Ottmar Hitzfeld who a) won the Bundesliga a million times and the Champions league twice and b) just officially retired - and yet Hitzfeld is in the poll.

I agree that Garcia is probably unrealistic given the current relative situations / league positions of Newcastle and Roma and because he's just begun a new project at Roma. However, I don't think that we should underestimate the draw of the Premier League and the opportunity to compete with managers like Mourinho, Van Gaal, Wenger, Pellegrini etc. Van Gaal almost went to Tottenham which and while they are definitely a more attractive option right now, I would consider Spurs a comparable club to Newcastle. In any case, Garcia is the kind of manager we should be trying to attract (i.e. a manager who plays entertaining attacking football and has consistently led teams to over-perform) rather than picking from the same old Premier League merry-go-round of managers (Pulis, Sherwood, Mackay, Steve Clarke, DiMateo etc.).

Lucien Favre is another one who fits the Garcia mould and hasn't yet been poached by a massive club. Hopefully he's one we'll look at if Pardew leaves.

:thup: this is the sort of direction we should be going. The guy Village Idiot has mentioned a few times is also supposed to like attacking football.

Slaven Bilic anyone? Can't be on too much salary-wise at Besiktas, can he? He promotes young players to the first team when they're good enough (see Croatian U21's etc), has a background in English football, plus I seem to remember him saying he'd like to manage in the Premiership at some point? I know they're in the Champions League, but I'd like to think that we're still a bigger draw than they are...although I might just be deluded on that?!

Hitzfield wasn't actually serious, was a reference to this I'm guessing - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/30000-hitz-1524241

Rudi Garcia would probably choke on his laughter if Mike Ashley rang up his agent.

Who wouldn't you take? To be honest I'd pretty much roll the dice and see what happens, but there's some I would struggle to back

Dave Bassett

Gerry Francis

Micky Adams

JFK

Alan Curbishley

Who wouldn't you take? To be honest I'd pretty much roll the dice and see what happens, but there's some I would struggle to back

Dave Bassett

Gerry Francis

Micky Adams

JFK

Alan Curbishley

I would add

Gary megson

Tim Sherwood

Tony pulis

Dave Bassett

Gerry Francis

Micky Adams

JFK

Alan Curbishley

I read that as Gerry Adams there, fuck i need some sleep

David Moyes is fantasy land stuff.

1 of the key criteria of being NUFC boss - is being the defensive mouthpiece of the whole board. Anyone who would normally deserve the NUFC job (David Moyes would be right up there, let's be honest) would not be interested in doing that. Our best hope is someone from a Second-Tier European league side (France/Holland/Portugal) and I can't see Ashley going that route.

Dave Bassett

Gerry Francis

Micky Adams

JFK

Alan Curbishley

I read that as Gerry Adams there, fuck i need some sleep

A lot of fret

Retweeted by Mark Wardle

Daniel Busch ‏@dan_bu  7m

Tuchel reportedly ready to take over a club now if circumstances are right. Interested in the HSV job for a long time, but nothing done yet.

:frantic:

Honigstein told me (yes I am boasting) when I asked him if Tuchel would be interested in NUFC that he is fluent in English.

Retweeted by Mark Wardle

Tuchel reportedly ready to take over a club now if circumstances are right. Interested in the HSV job for a long time, but nothing done yet.

Honigstein told me (yes I am boasting) when I asked him if Tuchel would be interested in NUFC that he is fluent in English.

f***ing hell. He needs to be the one

What's the story with this guy then? Can't say I've ever heard of him.

Retweeted by Mark Wardle

Fucking hell. He needs to be the one

Isn't he really highly rated? He's the one my brother keeps going on about, quite an attack minded coach from what he was saying.