Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Stojkovic was an interesting shout, actually. I'm warming to that option.

My list is Stojkovic, Martinez, Benitez, Montanier and Pellegrini.

I'd love to say Montanier was realistic but, if we aren't scouting Spain for players, we're probably not aware of him :(

Yet Pellegrini is? :lol:

I doubt Van Gaal would have the motivation, patience or ideas to undertake a long-term project with Newcastle. I'd also imagine it would take something pretty special to wrest him from his national team gig.

I think we should utilise the same mentality we use to sign players and travel less beaten paths, rather than use the Fat Freddie-type approach of going for big names.

Thomas Tuchel should be feasible. Smart, young, tactically-strong coach who brings out the best in all his players.

I wasn't best fan of him at Chelsea but I'd be reasonably happy with di matteo , he passes the not pardew test anyway

If Zola fails to bring Watford up wonder if he'd fancy a go, know he failed at West Brom but think what he's done with Watford is good, got together a rather disperate set of players

Benitez is a control freak who feels he deserves a real top club. With no real top club after him, I expect he'll want a "project" with lots of money and control.

Benitez is a top-notch manager. To think otherwise is ludicrous.

And you'd be hard pressed to call us anything but a project after this season, regardless of whether or not that last sentence true.