Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

Have questioned Martinez's 'brilliance' but fair play on today's result and performance. Was an abysmal performance by City but it is nice to see a manager who goes out trying to win games rather than one trying not to lose one.

Still think he has done the bare minimum up to now but an FA cup win definitely cannot be sniffed at.

His gameplan worked to near perfection today. Certainly stopped City from playing their stuff.

I will go along with that to an extent but Man City had an absolute shocker. There is no way that group of players can be dominated by the players they were up against if they want it. I struggle to think of performances we have put in that have been much worse and we have lost games conceeding 6/7 goals.

Have questioned Martinez's 'brilliance' but fair play on today's result and performance. Was an abysmal performance by City but it is nice to see a manager who goes out trying to win games rather than one trying not to lose one.

Still think he has done the bare minimum up to now but an FA cup win definitely cannot be sniffed at.

Their problem all season is that they have no wingers and have to play through the middle, once that is catered for any team has a chance. They have talent to play throught the middle but Manicin rarely gives them the scope or authority to really cane a side. Too defensive with a squad full of internationals and a handful of world class performers.

His gameplan worked to near perfection today. Certainly stopped City from playing their stuff.

I will go along with that to an extent but Man City had an absolute shocker. There is no way that group of players can be dominated by the players they were up against if they want it. I struggle to think of performances we have been in that have been much worse and we have lost games conceeding 6/7 goals.

A hint of arrogance on City's part most likely. But every time City went forward, Wigan had 7 players behind the ball and by doing that, City could simply not play their usual stuff - they just didn't have any ideas to penetrate Wigan's defence (mind you City could have used the wings a bit more!)

I will go along with that to an extent but Man City had an absolute shocker. There is no way that group of players can be dominated by the players they were up against if they want it. I struggle to think of performances we have been in that have been much worse and we have lost games conceeding 6/7 goals.

A hint of arrogance on City's part most likely. But every time City went forward, Wigan had 7 players behind the ball and by doing that, City could simply not play their usual stuff - they just didn't have any ideas to penetrate Wigan's defence (mind you City could have used the wings a bit more!)

There is no reason in this galaxy why they sould play with two holding midfielders against Wigan...The likes of tevez and Aguero drop off anyway without the ball. Too defensive.

Even if we had a vacancy for manager here (still can't see that happening yet) and even if he was available, I can't for a second believe Martinez would even give us a moment's consideration. Far too much love between him and Whelan for Martinez to come anywhere near working for Mike Ashley.

Guest VanBarduck

There is no reason in this galaxy why they sould play with two holding midfielders against Wigan...

I think their two holding midfielders where outrun today , I can't imagine if they played with only one...

Even if we had a vacancy for manager here (still can't see that happening yet) and even if he was available, I can't for a second believe Martinez would even give us a moment's consideration. Far too much love between him and Whelan for Martinez to come anywhere near working for Mike Ashley.

I don't want him here, don't like him.

He turned Liverpool down, I don't see why he'd come here.

He turned Liverpool down, I don't see why he'd come here.

I doubt he's going to stick around there if they go down though.

Yep, unfortunately this is probably the case.

Not just based on Chelski's result today but I'm more impressed with Rafa as the weeks go by.  Don't think Ashley's got the vision to go for someone like him though.  Just imagine the message getting him in would send to us the fans, our players and everyone else in the league.

Seems everyone's forgetting that Ashley has a passion for Londoners. So that means Harry, Curbs, Vinny Jones (never know) and who else come from them thar parts.

Can he afford to pay-off Pardew though, seemed insanity to me when he was appointed, gobsmacked when the 8 year contract was awarded, even though I was surprised that he did so well last year, it does appear now that my initial assessment was correct.

Seems everyone's forgetting that Ashley has a passion for Londoners. So that means Harry, Curbs, Vinny Jones (never know) and who else come from them thar parts.

Can he afford to pay-off Pardew though, seemed insanity to me when he was appointed, gobsmacked when the 8 year contract was awarded, even though I was surprised that he did so well last year, it does appear now that my initial assessment was correct.

Could the billionaire Ashley afford to pay Pardew off?  I'll think about it and get back to you when I come up with an answer.

No disrespect to your fine self but Ashley isn't actually a Londoner so I think this favour for them is purely a coincidence.

In regards to the contract, I can't for one minute believe Ashley has left himself in a situation where he has offered a stupidly long contract without a relatively cheap get-out. There was no need to offer such a long contract so frugal Mike isn't going to put himself into a corner when he doesn't need to.

Yep, this is Mike 'The Ruthless Bastard' Ashley. When he's in a position of power, there's no way he'll leave out loopholes, clauses etc. The 8 year deal was a PR move, a symbol of stability.

Let's hope that even they realise we can't persist with him any longer.