Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

His and Moussa's movement has really transformed our attacking play.

I still think there is too much space between our lines at times, but the counter-attack we scored or first from yesterday would never, ever have happend without those two in the side. Gouffran on the shoulder of his defender, Moussa bursting forward in a second wave. It's a new dimension. With Cissé, Ba Ben Arfa we could look similar at times towards the end of last season, but Demba's movement wasn't anywhere near as good as Gouffran's is. Add to that the fact that Sissoko does the job of a second striker and a third midfielder - a modern outlook.

Now all we need is Anita to link defence to midfield instead of Cabaye.

I thought he wasn't as good as his previous games and he drifted in and out of the game.  But as others have said his pace, movement and workrate are all top drawer.

Refreshing to see him go to goal for the first as well.  We're used to seeing Obertan run very fast into a blind alley and Jonas constantly cut back on himself.  The stepovers were great to see and all.  Pace and skill  O0

:thup: working his arse off but also has pace and more importantly intelligence. Wouldn't care if he scores half a dozen goals a season, he will still have play a strong part in many others.

Which is exactly what i was talking about when Ba was going, if we replaced him with someone like this it would make us better in the long run.

Didn't think Gouffran would be the man mind.

I still think there is too much space between our lines at times, but the counter-attack we scored or first from yesterday would never, ever have happend without those two in the side. Gouffran on the shoulder of his defender, Moussa bursting forward in a second wave. It's a new dimension. With Cissé, Ba Ben Arfa we could look similar at times towards the end of last season, but Demba's movement wasn't anywhere near as good as Gouffran's is. Add to that the fact that Sissoko does the job of a second striker and a third midfielder - a modern outlook.

Ba's movement is superb, for a #9. Gouffran is a second striker/inside forward so it suits our team much better.

He, Cisse and Siss start from different areas and naturally make different runs. I hope Cisse can regularly find the back of the net.

Ba's movement is superb, for a #9. Gouffran is a second striker/inside forward so it suits our team much better.

He, Cisse and Siss start from different areas and naturally make different runs. I hope Cisse can regularly find the back of the net.

That's what I meant.

I wouldn't mind seeing him as a central striker in a 4-3-3 i suppose, not suggesting it in that current system works well and i want to see cisse scoring again but this could be a nice formation to control games possession wise

Krul

Deb    Yanga-Mbiwa    Colo  Santon     

Tiote  Anita

Cabaye

Sissoko                      HBA

Gouffran

I think he'd be kind of wasted as a central striker in a 4-3-3. His tracking back and work rate is a big part of what makes him valuable. Once Hatem slots in for Jonas (this better be the move), it's going to be imperative that he continues that as we'll be missing it on the other side.

If we can prevent it i would rather not see Gouffran as CF until we have better wide options, as of right now its all well and good in wanting to see him there but fact is outside of Gouffran and Ben Arfa our wing options are pretty much garbage.

If we can sort that out in the summer i wouldn't mind seeing him tried there now and again but at the moment the options are horrid to even consider it.

Unless Cisse gets injured of course then we are pretty much forced to do so.