Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

People are weird when judging new players, a mate of mine had no time for Santon either when he first joined. I really like Gouffran, I think it's down in no small part to having wanted that sort of player in the team for a long time now, he brings a lot :thup:

Guest nufc_89

My only concern about Gouffran is his finishing. But even so, he's still extremely important to us with his intelligent movement on and off the ball. Just look what happened when he left the field againt Spurs

Few blokes who sit behind me at the match hate this bloke like, constantly going on saying he's shite and was just a panic buy. Quite staggering to be honest. They were overjoyed when he was taken off yesterday.

Possibly wanted a nice, expensive, flashy signing so when Remy fell through and we picked up this lad for just over a million they see it as the cheap alternative rather than judging him on his ability.

Just needs to make his mind up sooner, make a decision and follow it through, had loads of chances to shoot sooner rather than take more touches. Huge talent though great effort have a really good feeling about him, gonna come good in a big way.

Few blokes who sit behind me at the match hate this bloke like, constantly going on saying he's shite and was just a panic buy. Quite staggering to be honest. They were overjoyed when he was taken off yesterday.

They're probably the same sorts who slate Santon and have loads of praise for Sammy and Simpson.

Few blokes who sit behind me at the match hate this bloke like, constantly going on saying he's s**** and was just a panic buy. Quite staggering to be honest. They were overjoyed when he was taken off yesterday.

These are people who are actually watchign the games live too. I just can't believe this sort of thing when I read it.

This guy has made such a huge difference to the team.

No offence to your friends, but I can only conclude they are mentally deranged.

Some people are just simpletons and will judge anyone who is labelled a striker in some sense, by how many goals they score, and I can only assume that's what this is about.

Panic buy my arse ... I mean my God, the guy cost about a million pounds for goodness sake!

He's missing a true wide man at the minute, his movement in and around the box is brilliant, he just needs someone else other than Cabaye to supply those dashes in the final third. He'll score plenty with HBA in the team, but it just shows how much we need some alternative wide options.

Few blokes who sit behind me at the match hate this bloke like, constantly going on saying he's s**** and was just a panic buy. Quite staggering to be honest. They were overjoyed when he was taken off yesterday.

These are people who are actually watchign the games live too. I just can't believe this sort of thing when I read it.

Some people are just simpletons and will judge anyone who is labelled a striker in some sense, by how many goals they score, and I can only assume that's what this is about.

Panic buy my arse ... I mean my God, the guy cost about a million pounds for goodness sake!

They're certainly not my friends but like I say their banter's usually spot on (slate Ameobi/Pardew etc) however they all (4 or 5 of them) seem to hate Gouffran.

Mind you Tiote also felt their wrath yesterday however that was probably more deserved.

They're certainly not my friends but like I say their banter's usually spot on (slate Ameobi/Pardew etc) however they all (4 or 5 of them) seem to hate Gouffran.

Mind you Tiote also felt their wrath yesterday however that was probably more deserved.

I'm a fan of Tiote, but he honestly deserved all the flak in the world for that tackle yesterday.

It was so ridiculous I actually erupted into laughter when it happened. Lost for words on that one. Just mental.

But yeah, slating Gouffran just doesn't make sense on any level whatsoever. Maybe they just can't get past his slight physical resemblance to Obertan.

He was very good out wide, a player that can run and twist and turn a fullback, other than hba no one else can do that for us.

When he was moved to the centre of attack he looked toothless.  Definitely keep him outwide for now.

I think he has abit of Suarez about him, his movement and the way he harries about the pitch, but obviously his finishing is incomparable.  If he can prove his finishing he could be be a very nice option up top.

His movement has completely changed the dimension of our attacking play. That's a huge reason to appreciate what he's brought to the side, away from the goals:games ratio.

He brings an intelligence of movement that isn't always easy to find.

Just needs to make his mind up sooner, make a decision and follow it through, had loads of chances to shoot sooner rather than take more touches. Huge talent though great effort have a really good feeling about him, gonna come good in a big way.

Definitely and like Sissoko he'll benefit from the potential more space created if we ever see HBA back on the pitch again. We paid less than 1m for him too :lol:

Guest micky_123

I honestly can't believe we got him for 550k. I don't know how we're consistently getting away with paying so far below market value for players.

I get the impression him and Sissoko are being boxed in a bit because teams have shag all to worry about in terms of threat from Jonas irrespective of the effort he puts in. That means they can concentrate on trying to nullify Gouffran and Sissoko. And Cisse for all his natural ability doesn't have the pace to test a back line. A fully fit HBA totally opens things up because immediately he draws so much attention. That should also create space for players to run into and onto balls from Cabaye - Debuchy, Sissoko, Cisse, Gouffran etc

Tell them that I said that they're idiots.