The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

I really wasn't surprised.... Barca have really struggled against most of the big teams this season.

There's a few reasons why but the main reason is they practically only play with one forward.... Iniesta drops into midfield, Messi does so that just leaves Pedro and he's not making runs in behind the defense either.

For Barca to get through they need to go back to Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta and Pedro-Messi-Villa.

The balance is horrid and there's no penetration, they get away with it in La Liga but i always felt they would struggle in the CL which is why i have picked Bayern to win it this year since December.

That was an utterly sensational Milan performance and I use that word on purpose because to have the concentration, organisation and fitness to completely stifle Barcelona for 90 minutes is a remarkable achievement. The focus will be on why Barcelona didn't go forward more, why Messi didn't play very well and so on. There are reasons behind this, I'm not buying "oh he just didn't fancy it tonight." Milan were the reason. They were bloody superb and to combine all this with the clinical finishing to win 2-0, I think it's the best Champions League performance this season so far.

No doubt some will suddenly claim Barca aren't actually that good. They are. They're the best team of this generation quite comfortably. But it doesn't mean they're invincible, there is a way to beat them and Milan executed it to absolute perfection.

You sound like the analysts on Fox Soccer here.

:lol:

One bad game and they are being compared to Swansea :) :) :)

To be fair, I only compared the game to our game vs Swansea, not the team :lol:.

Yeah I know, it was Stiffy that said they are like Swansea last year.

The balance is horrid and there's no penetration, they get away with it in La Liga but i always felt they would struggle in the CL which is why i have picked Bayern to win it this year since December.

They have been my pick for the CL since the start of the season and tonight showed some of the reasons why, it may not seem very impressive but this is how you win major trophies.

Last night was blates the first time he's ever heard of Bayern Munich :whistle: :laugh:

That was an utterly sensational Milan performance and I use that word on purpose because to have the concentration, organisation and fitness to completely stifle Barcelona for 90 minutes is a remarkable achievement. The focus will be on why Barcelona didn't go forward more, why Messi didn't play very well and so on. There are reasons behind this, I'm not buying "oh he just didn't fancy it tonight." Milan were the reason. They were bloody superb and to combine all this with the clinical finishing to win 2-0, I think it's the best Champions League performance this season so far.

No doubt some will suddenly claim Barca aren't actually that good. They are. They're the best team of this generation quite comfortably. But it doesn't mean they're invincible, there is a way to beat them and Milan executed it to absolute perfection.

:lol: I didn't mean it as an insult. He said what they kinda said.

:lol: I didn't mean it as an insult. He said what they kinda said.

You make everything sound like an insult, it's a gift from god, embrace it. :lol:

Anyone seen that betting slip doing the rounds on facebook/twitter?

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=453682064700963&id=244457012290137&set=a.247074698695035.54659.244457012290137&__user=637921407

Would have got over £1m apparantly

"He should be given a free bet as a consolation!! V unlucky....."

Aye, class consolation :lol:

Coral are taking him and a mate to Barcelona for the second leg since he came so close to winning.

Nice touch.

They will lose their cellphones there like thousands have anyway. Everyone i know (including myself) has got their phones stolen in Barcelona. Full of thieves that city. Apart from that it's quite nice.

961 touches for Barcelona players tonight.

11 were in the penalty area.

Milan were bloody brilliant.

Completely agree on another note Messi only had one touch in the penalty area, keep the whole team at arms length superbly well and attacked with purpose when they could.

961 touches for Barcelona players tonight.

11 were in the penalty area.

Milan were bloody brilliant.

Completely agree on another note Messi only had one touch in the penalty area, keep the whole team at arms length superbly well and attacked with purpose when they could.

It's hard to remember - off the top of my head at least - Barca being stifled as much as they were tonight. Yes, they have certain games where the opposition are hard to break down, sometimes very hard to break down, but they usually at least create a few good openings here and there. However, I can't remember a single decent opportunity for them tonight. Did Abbiati have a meaningful thing to do all game? Was his goal at any time in real danger?

I'm being serious when I say Milan's performance should go down as one of the greatest performances in recent years, certainly of games I've seen anyway. They reduced the greatest team of our generation to nothingness, yet managed to deliver 2 clinical finishes of their own.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine being that bloke with the £1million accumulater man. He was undone by Milan Barca 2-0, when he had bet 0-2. He got every other result exactly right. Dayum!

Imagine being that bloke with the £1million accumulater man. He was undone by Milan Barca 2-0, when he had bet 0-2. He got every other result exactly right. Dayum!

Still got a holiday and a champions league game out of a penny. Not the same but still a decent consolation prize.

Well, yesterday sucked. Milan were much better than Chelsea last year. We actually had a lot of chances in that tie and could have easily carried it on a different day. But we absolutely had nothing to show yesterday. Fair play to them, and hats off.

Today sucks at work, btw, teaches me to work for a Madrid-based company :lol: