Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm still struggling to see what Thauvin has actually done wrong? :lol:

Not much, but then again he hasn't done much right either.

Gives the ball away a lot, runs into tackles, doesn't actually beat his opponent much and doesn't offer much defensively. He does seem to have a decent cross on him when he can get one in but he's not exactly hit the ground running.

I'm still struggling to see what Thauvin has actually done wrong? [emoji38]

Gives the ball away a lot, runs into tackles, doesn't actually beat his opponent much and doesn't offer much defensively. He does seem to have a decent cross on him when he can get one in but he's not exactly hit the ground running.

Everything you've described there is essentially the same or marginally better than most of our other attacking players

Like any non-physically imposing creative player we buy if they don't win games single handedly from the off they're done for because the fans will turn quickly and it'll become pointless keeping them.

Like any non-physically imposing creative player we buy if they don't win games single handedly from the off they're done for because the fans will turn quickly and it'll become pointless keeping them.

This is exactly it.

This is exactly it.

:thup:

Everything you've described there is essentially the same or marginally better than most of our other attacking players

Other than Wijnaldum and Sissoko, the other attacking players aren't exactly certain starters either. I like Perez but I think I'd rather see Thauvin out wide than him. McClaren's ultra cautious though and he just doesn't seem to trust him at all.

I think this buy was a kind of luxurious. I dont think the club thought they were going to be in this much trouble and bought him so we can have a creative spark to the team. But he dont fit in a relegation battle team which are at the moment. So best get rid and get in someone that can help out of the relegation zone. Think thats what SM thinking, and i dont think he want to be here himself so that will probaly play in as a "away factor" on why we are trying to ship him off.

If it was up to me I would have kept him. Hes going to be useful next season when we hopefully fighting for a 8th or something.

I don't know what to make of this if true. I thought we pulled the trigger too fast on Cabella and seems like they are doing the same with Thauvin, both are undoubtedly talented both however are either not suited to the PL, not being coached and used right or just not being given enough time to adapt.

The happy clappers that cheer Colback's every move are probably the same that are quick to jump on players like Thavin's back, pisses me off really.

Crazy if this is the end of him already, young player that has potential. I've seen players from abroad look a lot worse than him and then come good in the past, he needs games. I know we're not really in the position to give players loads of time to adjust, but we have had chances to give him a lot more game time so far and Perez just doesn't look himself atm, so why not rest him

Only 'sense' in him leaving already is if, for want of a better phrase, his arse has gone. There has been enough in small glimpses to suggest that with a consistent run, increased familiarity and confidence, he could be a sound addition to the team. I would be surprised if McClaren thought otherwise, but if he is not up for it, and it doesn't look changebale... then sure, get rid. It would be a f***ing shocker though.

Would be good (though unlikely) if McClaren came out and rubbished the rumour and said they have faith in him etc. Would be a good confidence booster for him and maybe get a few off his back

That's far too sensible :lol:

He hasn't rubbished the rumour obviously but he has come out publicly and backed him to be fair

Carr deserves sacking for this transfer alone. Everyone who watches Ligue 1 were pissing themselves in the summer when they saw we were spending £13m on this lad. Marseille fans in particular couldn't believe their luck. Don't think he ever really wanted to be here either. Just a deal that looked destined to fail from the off.

Would be good (though unlikely) if McClaren came out and rubbished the rumour and said they have faith in him etc. Would be a good confidence booster for him and maybe get a few off his back

That's far too sensible :lol:

He hasn't rubbished the rumour obviously but he has come out publicly and backed him to be fair

By saying they'll work with him behind the scenes. Suddenly he's picked up a knock so is missing the match, then he's highly linked with a move back to France. Top backing :lol: