Wilfried Bony

Cort

Guest Dontooner

Well he is the type of striker we need in order for 4-4-2 to work with Cisse. A player that can power himself to goal. Would be amaze if we actually slash the dough on this guy. He not going to come cheap.

I just watched a bunch of highlight YouTube videos for Bony.

Am I the only one a little concerned that most of his goals have come from massive opposition defensive fuck-ups? or am I reading the videos wrong?

What I was seeing, in most but not all cases, was the opposition standing well off Bony, or Bony making unmarked runs in to spaces that shouldn't have been there when he shouldn't have been unmarked.  My concern is that when he's in a league with much better defenders that he wont be anywhere near as potent and may have a high chance of being a flop.  I only saw 2 goals that were genuine finesse and/or under pressure from the defence.

I am hoping I am seeing this wrong, but I am concerned.

I thought I would have a little break from Purple WeekTM and have a boring Saturday but there's no end to transfer news. Not that I'm complaining. :lol:

Between him now and PEA in the summer, who would people rather have though? Bony screams 442 while PEA screams 433 for sure.

Agree... PEA for me please Bob...

Well this is another pleasant surprise - looks like we really are in the market for another top striker!

Haven't seen much of this lad but I do like a big old bruiser of a centre forward - would certainly put an end to any Carroll rumours I would imagine.