Wilfried Bony

Cort

Well, Colo will be going and for all we know his head won't be right when he resumes playing. I'm not suggesting it's any kind of urgent need. My original comment was just about how close it was to being a perfect transfer window.

I'm not too concerned about Colo. As long as he's still here I expect him to turn in good performances.

If/when he goes in the summer then yeah, we need someone else in. Ideally get rid of Williamson and bring in a talented youngster to be 4th choice on top of that.

Well, Colo will be going and for all we know his head won't be right when he resumes playing. I'm not suggesting it's any kind of urgent need. My original comment was just about how close it was to being a perfect transfer window.

I'm not too concerned about Colo. As long as he's still here I expect him to turn in good performances.

If/when he goes in the summer then yeah, we need someone else in. Ideally get rid of Williamson and bring in a talented youngster to be 4th choice on top of that.

I'm hoping Streete or Good could fill that role personally.

I'm hoping Streete or Good could fill that role personally.

That'd be great if they could, with Taylor's injury history we might need our 4th choice CB to play quite a few games though so they'd better be ready.

II'll give Ashley some leeway if he actually invests properly invests in the summer like what the league does with what the league does relatively.

The fact is everything happening this window is 6 months too late and shoes how he knows fuck all about football still.

:lol: :lol: That first sentence man, sig worthy stuff.

After a bit of digging, this could well be a goer if the news is true.

He has wanted out of Vitesse since last summer and was close to joining Villa. Pretty confident he would come here. Less confident 12m would be accepted given the form he is in. 4.1m profit since the summer isnt unreasonable imo. 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8036710/Villa-frustrated-in-Bony-bid

Can't see Chelsea buying him now they have Ba and Lukalu coming back from West Brom next year. Liverpool could certainly be a threat.

II'll give Ashley some leeway if he actually invests properly invests in the summer like what the league does with what the league does relatively.

:lol:

:lol: I'm going to give neesy the benefit of the doubt as it's 2am on a Sunday morning.

As an English language teacher I find him thoroughly fascinating, I'd love to do experiments on him with my class.

:lol: I'm going to give neesy the benefit of the doubt as it's 2am on a Sunday morning.

As an English language teacher I find him thoroughly fascinating, I'd love to do experiments on him with my class.

First sentence reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwyc2QfRFUc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Anyway, if we were to sign this chap I wonder if it'd mean trying a sort of 4-3-1-2 system.

Cisse can't play out wide and this lad doesn't seem like he could either.

Krul

Debuchy    MYM      Colo        Santon

Cabaye    Anita  Sissoko

Ben Arfa

Cisse          Bony

Something like that as our strongest eleven?

Tiote in for Anita in the tougher games where we need more bite in midfield.

The obvious problem that jumps out is the lack of width. Santon and Debuchy are both very offensively minded though and both have great engines so if we gave them license to play as wing backs maybe they could provide enough width to stop us becoming too narrow. Santon being right footed isn't ideal though.

Cabaye and Sissoko given license to get forward either side of the holding player, Ben Arfa given license to drift.

Hopefully Bony and Cisse as a duo would work better than Cisse and Ba did. How good is this chap with his back to goal? Seems like an absolute tank from his Youtube videos, if he could be more of an effective target man than Ba was maybe he and Cisse would work well together.

I like the formation Shak posted, Santon and Debuchy certainly ahve enouhg offense between them to make it work. Also the bench would be fucking amazing and give lot of options. No more bringing Obertan, Sammy and Fergie from the bench. :thup: Send Sammy, Fergie and Abeid out on loan and I love this.

We'll have width with Santon and Debuchy bombing up and down. Solidity with Colo and Mapou. Anita/Tiote holding the middle of the field. Sissoko and Cabaye up and down the pitch creating and getting stuck in. HBA probably in a free-role. Bony the battering ram and Cisse the poacher.

Looks f***ing brilliant to me :lol:

Aye Shak posted the wordier version of what I said - get in :lol:

We'll have width with Santon and Debuchy bombing up and down. Solidity with Colo and Mapou. Anita/Tiote holding the middle of the field. Sissoko and Cabaye up and down the pitch creating and getting stuck in. HBA probably in a free-role. Bony the battering ram and Cisse the poacher.

Fucking hell, I've basically just padded out your post. :lol:

Anyway, would prefer someone who can play wide of a front three but there's more than one effective formation out there.

The flirting between Cabaye and Debuchy in the 4-3-1-2 would be outrageous though.

I thought I would have a little break from Purple WeekTM and have a boring Saturday but there's no end to transfer news. Not that I'm complaining. :lol:

Between him now and PEA in the summer, who would people rather have though? Bony screams 442 while PEA screams 433 for sure.

f***ing hell, I've basically just padded out your post. :lol:

Anyway, would prefer someone who can play wide of a front three but there's more than one effective formation out there.

The flirting between Cabaye and Debuchy in the 4-3-1-2 would be outrageous though.

:thup:

:lol: To me, theres no real weak link in that formation - if Haidara develops we have  left footed option from LB so that will provide more balanced width (in the traditional sense). But I like that formation. I'm not so sure the 4-3-3 everyone lauds will ever work again the way it did for us during that run we had last season.

I think overall, the best formation for us involves a 3-man midfield with 1 guy holding and 2 working their bollocks off and the front 3 need to be fluid enough to the point where they are able to be in the right positions to score. If that means a front 3 with 2 wide men, or 2 drifters or 1 drifter and 2 up top. Its flexible.

Our issue is movement (the lack of it) and hopefully the signings made last week will help facilitate more movement?

But yes, Yo and Matty would be on a love-fest in that Shakinated formation, they'd be 1-2'ng it all fucking day.