Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Emotionally drained after that, like. My girlfriend nearly stormed out of the house three times during it because of 'scary erratic outbursts'. After the whistle I just wanted to go and lie down.

Reminded me of Blackburn away last season. Although that was probably worse because it was the whole 90 mins.

Not nearly as much at stake then, like.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/aston-villa-1-newcastle-united-2-relegation-worries-loom-for-villa-8471932.html

Villa were crying out for shape and leadership. Newcastle had both in abundance, typified by the boundless exertion of Jonas Gutierrez at the heart of midfield and the calm authority of captain Coloccini behind him.

Nathan Baker thought he had levelled with his header with eight minutes left but the remarkable Gutierrez flung his torso full length to keep the lead alive.

Man of the match: Gutierrez.

:lol: :lol:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/aston-villa-1-newcastle-united-2-relegation-worries-loom-for-villa-8471932.html

Villa were crying out for shape and leadership. Newcastle had both in abundance, typified by the boundless exertion of Jonas Gutierrez at the heart of midfield and the calm authority of captain Coloccini behind him.

Nathan Baker thought he had levelled with his header with eight minutes left but the remarkable Gutierrez flung his torso full length to keep the lead alive.

:lol:

Guest neesy111

It was a massively soft penalty, in an ideal world they wouldn't be given.

Shouldn't be asking for the ref to make a decision, also we know Dean isn't afraid to give away penalties.

Shouldn't be asking for the ref to make a decision, also we know Dean isn't afraid to give away penalties.

Dean shouldn't be giving penalties for non-fouls in the box.

It was never a penalty. If we had have just kept a hold of the ball for a few minutes at the start of the second half we would have been comfortable, instead we sat panicked, hoofed it forward (and later on in the game just out of the box) and thats what done us in the second half, because our panicking at getting the ball out juts played the ball straight back to them.

Villa will come up against teams who will not panic when they attack and will keep it simple which will take their advantage away from them that they had in the second half against us in other games.

As for us we really need to look at that and say "We won, we held onto a a lead, but we can't panic next time".

We missed Marveaux/Ben Arfa for the ability to run the ball out from defence and add width to our game, instead we had Jonas (I'm not even going to bother talking about him).

Debuchy got left for dead a few times in the second half so he needs to work on his pace a bit more, though he did go down with a few knocks during the game which could have effected him. I don't know how anyone is saying Santon did well, in the second half I didn't see him prevent one cross from coming in on the left at all. Neither of our full backs closed down anywhere near what they should have done.

S.Taylor looked shaky, and off the pace. Sissoko played some real nice passes, Gouffran was decent however I think he should have swapped sides with Jonas in the first half as he was primarily using his right foot and ended up cutting in at times in order to produce a cross.

it was, then i stopped reading.

Did exactly the same :lol:

look at it in slo mo and it's iffy, in real time its a stonewaller and a stupid challenge.

Guest neesy111

look at it in slo mo and it's iffy, in real time its a stonewaller and a stupid challenge.

It's soft I agree, but it's stupid defending from Debuchy.

I suppose this is the wall for an issue which is subjective; for me it just isn't in a million years.

Hey ho, we won, Dean's a dick whichever way round and Aston Villa are proper lemons.

I suppose this is the wall for an issue which is subjective; for me it just isn't in a million years.

Hey ho, we won, Dean's a dick whichever way round and Aston Villa are proper lemons.

fair doo's.

:lol: Jonas must have written that.

Wow, things are harsh in here. The first half felt like we'd revolutionised football, we were that dominant - Sissoko was marvellous and his pass to Cisse was beautiful. It was probably the best we'd played all season because we looked comfortable on the ball, had movement etc.

Villa came out possessed in the second half and I don't really think that was our fault. They made things go at 100mph and that was tough for the new lads. If Villa play like that every week they can still escape from this, they were very threatening. We rode our luck on many occasions though but our defending was resolute and we somehow saw it out (with about 10 years shaved off my life!!!). Both halves were positive in different ways. However, Pardew's subs still baffle me and I honestly don't want to see Jonas in our shirt again - he was disgracefully bad. Also thought Debuchy was poor, as well as Mike Dean.

Things look better for us :thup:

Wow, things are harsh in here. The first half felt like we'd revolutionised football, we were that dominant - Sissoko was marvellous and his pass to Cisse was beautiful. It was probably the best we'd played all season because we looked comfortable on the ball, had movement etc.

Villa came out possessed in the second half and I don't really think that was our fault. They made things go at 100mph and that was tough for the new lads. If Villa play like that every week they can still escape from this, they were very threatening. We rode our luck on many occasions though but our defending was resolute and we somehow saw it out (with about 10 years shaved off my life!!!). Both halves were positive in different ways. However, Pardew's subs still baffle me and I honestly don't want to see Jonas in our shirt again - he was disgraceful once again. Also thought Debuchy was poor, as well as Mike Dean.

Pipe down, you sensible trollope.

:mackems:

Villa came out possessed in the second half and I don't really think that was our fault. They made things go at 100mph and that was tough for the new lads. If Villa play like that every week they can still escape from this, they were very threatening. We rode our luck on many occasions though but our defending was resolute and we somehow saw it out (with about 10 years shaved off my life!!!). Both halves were positive in different ways. However, Pardew's subs still baffle me and I honestly don't want to see Jonas in our shirt again - he was disgracefully bad. Also thought Debuchy was poor, as well as Mike Dean.

eggs bastard zackerly