Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Also, that was never, ever a penalty. He steps on Debuchy's foot and falls over man. They don't score that, they don't suddenly have the whole crowd behind them and I don't think they get the confidence. Also, I wouldn't say any of Krul's saves were out of this world, you would expect him to make all of them - the Weimann chance was a great save, others were good.

f*** Aston Villa.

Clear penalty IMO, daft as f*** from Debuchy to try and go for that. And the crowd were already right behind them at that point tbh, they'd already opened us up a few times.

Yes, but the longer they go without a goal, the quieter that din becomes, and the more the confidence drains.

Guest VanBarduck

How s*** is Barry Bannan by the way? My god.

He's 23 as well, thought he was younger than that.

what ??? he's the only interesting player in their team, alongside weimann perhaps , his passing range is cabaye-wise

How s*** is Barry Bannan by the way? My god.

He's 23 as well, thought he was younger than that.

what ??? he's the only interesting player in their team, alongside weimann perhaps , his passing range is cabaye-wise

:lol:

He's a Championship plodder, at best.

Staying over for the night... In a nutshell... Professional performance 1st half... 2nd half a mess made worse with each substitution... We look very lightweight still all over the pitch...

What a fucking stressful second half. Kudos for that brilliant first half mind but we really did go to shit in the second half.

Another tactical masterclass from that idiot Pardew - he literally had no fucking answer to Villa's pressure. Don't get me wrong, this is a massive win and 3 important points of which I am happy about but I really cannot let Pardew off for that atrocious second half. I should be happy with the win but I can't help but feel let down by the man in the dugout.

It was never a penalty. If we had have just kept a hold of the ball for a few minutes at the start of the second half we would have been comfortable, instead we sat panicked, hoofed it forward (and later on in the game just out of the box) and thats what done us in the second half, because our panicking at getting the ball out juts played the ball straight back to them.

Villa will come up against teams who will not panic when they attack and will keep it simple which will take their advantage away from them that they had in the second half against us in other games.

As for us we really need to look at that and say "We won, we held onto a a lead, but we can't panic next time".

We missed Marveaux/Ben Arfa for the ability to run the ball out from defence and add width to our game, instead we had Jonas (I'm not even going to bother talking about him).

Debuchy got left for dead a few times in the second half so he needs to work on his pace a bit more, though he did go down with a few knocks during the game which could have effected him. I don't know how anyone is saying Santon did well, in the second half I didn't see him prevent one cross from coming in on the left at all. Neither of our full backs closed down anywhere near what they should have done.

S.Taylor looked shaky, and off the pace. Sissoko played some real nice passes, Gouffran was decent however I think he should have swapped sides with Jonas in the first half as he was primarily using his right foot and ended up cutting in at times in order to produce a cross.

Emotionally drained after that, like. My girlfriend nearly stormed out of the house three times during it because of 'scary erratic outbursts'. After the whistle I just wanted to go and lie down.

Reminded me of Blackburn away last season. Although that was probably worse because it was the whole 90 mins.

It was never a penalty. If we had have just kept a hold of the ball for a few minutes at the start of the second half we would have been comfortable, instead we sat panicked, hoofed it forward (and later on in the game just out of the box) and thats what done us in the second half, because our panicking at getting the ball out juts played the ball straight back to them.

Villa will come up against teams who will not panic when they attack and will keep it simple which will take their advantage away from them that they had in the second half against us in other games.

As for us we really need to look at that and say "We won, we held onto a a lead, but we can't panic next time".

We missed Marveaux/Ben Arfa for the ability to run the ball out from defence and add width to our game, instead we had Jonas (I'm not even going to bother talking about him).

Debuchy got left for dead a few times in the second half so he needs to work on his pace a bit more, though he did go down with a few knocks during the game which could have effected him. I don't know how anyone is saying Santon did well, in the second half I didn't see him prevent one cross from coming in on the left at all. Neither of our full backs closed down anywhere near what they should have done.

S.Taylor looked shaky, and off the pace. Sissoko played some real nice passes, Gouffran was decent however I think he should have swapped sides with Jonas in the first half as he was primarily using his right foot and ended up cutting in at times in order to produce a cross.

it was, then i stopped reading.

Nope, it wasn't. Watch it again, you will see their player steps on Debuchy's foot and falls over.

Nope, it wasn't. Watch it again, you will see their player steps on Debuchy's foot and falls over.

you'll also see debuchy's foot take a swing and the ball is nowhere near it, that will always be given.

you'll also see debuchy's foot take a swing and the ball is nowhere near it, that will always be given.

You will also again see that Debuchy sticks his foot out to get the ball, before he his able to do so, Agbonlohor (if him?) steps on his foot, then falls over, and is incorrectly awarded a penalty.