Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

Guest bimpy474

That 4-2-3-1 formation is a load of bollocks and seems to have been adapted by a lot of managers because it's something of a "gimmick"this season and last. Just like when people were trying that awful 3-5-2 carry on. Only the top teams can pull off the 4-2-3-1, we certainly can't with the players we have ffs and it's been plainly obvious for ages.

Dunno why the idiot doesn't go back to 4-3-3, the only real time we played some decent stuff. Ben Arfa right, just need someone to play left like Ba did, which i think Sissoko or Gouff could do.

You then have Marv, Cabaye, Tiote, Perch, Jonas for the 3 places in the middle.

Time to adopt the 'no official travel, no ticket' policy they have for certain games on the continent. Why we allow 1500+ people to be walked a mile between the station and ground (both here and at Sunderland) is lost on me. Remove that issue and all you'd have is drunks like on a normal Friday night.

As a fan who looks forward to the away trip down there, I feel we potentially may be seeing halved crowds or even none at all next season. Yes we like to have a laugh and shout a few verbals but the scenes today were pathetic and shameful. For me, this has made me very angry today, much much angrier than the no show in SJP.

The good thing is that most people don't condone what has happened today.

Is this the right thread to say a lot of f***ing scumbags follow Newcastle United Football Club? I am assuming most N-O boys are good kids based on the post I have read. Today NE1 was toxic, vile & aggressive and had a lot of unnecessary violence. After what I saw today my feelings are with the folk who went out to watch a football game on Sunday but  at this moment in time are in  hospital. The result is secondary.

I don't know if you were around when Newcastle lost at home to Sunderland and got robbed of promotion through the play offs under Jim Smith when both clubs were in the 2nd division. Today felt like that day. Di Canio came for war, we didn't, and the fans ended up doing it instead.

TRon - Yeah man I was there and I am honest fella I was chucking coins at the police. My throws were fucking shit I think I hit more of our fans than anything else.  At that time it was US V Police or Sunderland, it wasn't fans V fans like toady.

Today was different though because Di Canio came here and shoved it in our faces. He won the media battle, the tactical battle and the emotional battle. Pardew was left scribbling in his notepad and sending Shola on at half time. It doesn't excuse what happened afterwards but when you allow your biggest rivals the opportunity to strut around your home ground there will be pissed off locals.

Is this the right thread to say a lot of f***ing scumbags follow Newcastle United Football Club? I am assuming most N-O boys are good kids based on the post I have read. Today NE1 was toxic, vile & aggressive and had a lot of unnecessary violence. After what I saw today my feelings are with the folk who went out to watch a football game on Sunday but  at this moment in time are in  hospital. The result is secondary.

I don't know if you were around when Newcastle lost at home to Sunderland and got robbed of promotion through the play offs under Jim Smith when both clubs were in the 2nd division. Today felt like that day. Di Canio came for war, we didn't, and the fans ended up doing it instead.

TRon - Yeah man I was there and I am honest fella I was chucking coins at the police. My throws were f***ing s*** I think I hit more of our fans than anything else.  At that time it was US V Police or Sunderland, it wasn't fans V fans like toady.

What goes through your head when you do stuff like that? Is it just terrible social life? Parents? I mean, wtf is the point in fighting and getting all worked up with police over a game?

(obviously don't mean you Thespence)

Felipao91  - Am a big kid and guys like Gimp will tell ya I am nee soppy sod but seeing that many drunk Newcastle fans wanting to hurt other Newcastle fans you question ya self whether (sp) its f***ing worth it. There will be a a few folk not going to work tomorrow because there jaws have been broken today off people who support the same team as them. Sickening. 

Sorry to anyone who correctly thinks I have took this thread away from its topic but I have never seen nothing like the folk drinking in Newcastle city centre today. I have always worked on the principle at home or abroad us Geordies look after each other.

We're all disgusted mate. I'm massively proud of Newcastle, but today I was completely ashamed. Those involved are a sub-species and have absolutely no place in our society, let alone our great city.

I am like you one  them that is massively proud to say where I am from as well but what I, me, you saw toady that can't be f***ing right.  Sunderland were the better team today and won a game football but to see Newcastle fans chinning other Newcastle fans is sickening and heartbreaking for me.

seriously? where abouts?

What a bunch of c***s. Seen plenty of bickering on like.

The Gate and the Bigg Market.

It's the same trouble every year, a couple dozen get arrested, some for vile and pathetic things, but this year it just so happens that the paparazzi caught it so now we are ashamed. I suppose the fact it was all us and didnt involve them lot adds to it.

I saw worse after the 5-1 - fans v police by the station and a couple of mackems running through the streets while people took turns to batter them. Didn't see anything of people fighting each other today, but there was an atmosphere in the big market. I mean the arrest toll isn't especially high.

That 4-2-3-1 formation is a load of bollocks and seems to have been adapted by a lot of managers because it's something of a "gimmick"this season and last. Just like when people were trying that awful 3-5-2 carry on. Only the top teams can pull off the 4-2-3-1, we certainly can't with the players we have ffs and it's been plainly obvious for ages.

It's not a gimmick, it works fine for many teams. Fact.

Another fact all formations are shit under Pardew.

Felipao91  - Am a big kid and guys like Gimp will tell ya I am nee soppy sod but seeing that many drunk Newcastle fans wanting to hurt other Newcastle fans you question ya self whether (sp) its f***ing worth it. There will be a a few folk not going to work tomorrow because there jaws have been broken today off people who support the same team as them. Sickening. 

Sorry to anyone who correctly thinks I have took this thread away from its topic but I have never seen nothing like the folk drinking in Newcastle city centre today. I have always worked on the principle at home or abroad us Geordies look after each other.

What actually happened?

TRon - Yeah man I was there and I am honest fella I was chucking coins at the police. My throws were f***ing s*** I think I hit more of our fans than anything else.  At that time it was US V Police or Sunderland, it wasn't fans V fans like toady.

What goes through your head when you do stuff like that? Is it just terrible social life? Parents? I mean, wtf is the point in fighting and getting all worked up with police over a game?

(obviously don't mean you Thespence)

:thup:

I find it embarrassing no matter who end up fighting who; Newcastle fans or not Newcastle fans. Football and violence doesn't go together.

Another fact all formations are s*** under Pardew.

It can work with the right players, which we don't have. We also make it doubly difficult by not playing Moussa deeper, so it's essentially a 2 man midfield that can't cope.

Dunno why the idiot doesn't go back to 4-3-3, the only real time we played some decent stuff. Ben Arfa right, just need someone to play left like Ba did, which i think Sissoko or Gouff could do.

Exactly, its bollocks and doesn't make sense. The time we played our "best" football was with a 4-3-3 so why the f*** not go back to it. He seems to plough on with things even if its plainly obvious to everyone that it doesn't work.

The midfield just simply doesn't impose itself in games. You've got Cabaye sitting too deep and a suspect Tiote doing well.....not very much at the moment because even he seems to be playing himself out of what he does best at the request of the manager. Why are we seeing Tiote bringing the ball forward and Cabaye hovering around in front of the back four ffs?

The way he sets us up for games and the shape of the team is non-existent. Nobody really looks like they know what they're supposed to be doing and that seems to be leading to this static, rubbish play where people are standing around when there's no movement.

I think the 3-0 flattered them a bit today to be honest but they came here with a plan and gubbed us well and proper.....made us look like proper mugs, players, fans and most of all the manager. Even at 70 mins before Johnson scored we were in the game but apart from the disallowed goal I don't remember us testing Mingolet that much 2nd half.

I seem to have taken the defeat pretty well so far.....more like a grim acceptance of the reality of our side/manager at the moment or more an apathetic acceptance. Someone made the point in this thread that a result like this has been coming and if its the rocket up the arse the players need or the slow wheel of change starting to move then I guess that;s the only slim positive that can be taken.

Pardew looks lost for ideas and like a rabbit in headlights.

It's the same trouble every year, a couple dozen get arrested, some for vile and pathetic things, but this year it just so happens that the paparazzi caught it so now we are ashamed. I suppose the fact it was all us and didnt involve them lot adds to it.

I am not paparazzi,I am NE28 born n bred.  Trouble? Go on then I will expect to see some but don't dress today up as what I saw as part of the Tyne and Wear derby because  it wasn't it was completely OTT.  I am  a regular drinker in the city centre so I know how low the bar is set but today was as low as it comes for me as a proud Geordie. Please don't even fudge it on the media for me individuals let themselves (not sure if they give a shit) and their city down imo.

Another fact all formations are s*** under Pardew.

I think you'r onto something.

We're all disgusted mate. I'm massively proud of Newcastle, but today I was completely ashamed. Those involved are a sub-species and have absolutely no place in our society, let alone our great city.

I am like you one  them that is massively proud to say where I am from as well but what I, me, you saw toady that can't be f***ing right.  Sunderland were the better team today and won a game football but to see Newcastle fans chinning other Newcastle fans is sickening and heartbreaking for me.

seriously? where abouts?

:no:

sadly enough I was floating round near the bigg market, pleased I sent myself home before I seen any of this shit.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, its bollocks and doesn't make sense. The time we played our "best" football was with a 4-3-3 so why the f*** not go back to it. He seems to plough on with things even if its plainly obvious to everyone that it doesn't work.

The midfield just simply doesn't impose itself in games. You've got Cabaye sitting too deep and a suspect Tiote doing well.....not very much at the moment because even he seems to be playing himself out of what he does best at the request of the manager. Why are we seeing Tiote bringing the ball forward and Cabaye hovering around in front of the back four ffs?

The way he sets us up for games and the shape of the team is non-existent. Nobody really looks like they know what they're supposed to be doing and that seems to be leading to this static, rubbish play where people are standing around when there's no movement.

I think the 3-0 flattered them a bit today to be honest but they came here with a plan and gubbed us well and proper.....made us look like proper mugs, players, fans and most of all the manager. Even at 70 mins before Johnson scored we were in the game but apart from the disallowed goal I don't remember us testing Mingolet that much 2nd half.

I seem to have taken the defeat pretty well so far.....more like a grim acceptance of the reality of our side/manager at the moment or more an apathetic acceptance. Someone made the point in this thread that a result like this has been coming and if its the rocket up the arse the players need or the slow wheel of change starting to move then I guess that;s the only slim positive that can be taken.

The bizarre thing is, the way we set up, Tiote/Cabaye wth Sissoko in front of them. The 3 of them are always so far apart it's mental.

Pardew is just a crap manager with zero tactical idea, it really is that simple.

The bizarre thing is, the way we set up, Tiote/Cabaye wth Sissoko in front of them. The 3 of them are always so far apart it's mental.

Pardew is just a crap manager with zero tactical idea, it really is that simple.

My Chelse mate sent me a text before the match as he was watching before heading to Wembley. He said "you should murder them with that side on the pitch"....followed by "what the fuck was all that about, they wanted it more?"

seriously? where abouts?

:no:

sadly enough I was floating round near the bigg market, pleased I sent myself home before I seen any of this s***.

I saw at least two folk at separate times covered in police jackets lying on the floor waiting for I am assuming an ambulance to arrive.