Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

Finally summoned the guts to post here tonight.

I’m still not convinced today actually happened because even my worst nightmares didn’t go this far. As fans, the derby means a lot to us and we assume the players feel the same. Ours don’t, they made that clear today and I’ll find it VERY hard to forgive most of them.

One of the worst performances I’ve ever seen – it was a pathetic attempt at one - and I think only Debuchy & Ben Arfa escape this game with any credit. I never want to see Jonas Gutierrez play for us again, the first two goals were directly his fault, he’s embarrassing. Yes, our players were tired, but they didn’t give a monkeys today. It’s fine having these technical French players but we need Bartons and Nolans for days like this – people that have passion, desire and heart. I just feel really silly for calling these heroes on Thursday.

As for the match, 3-0 was harsh but we deserved to lose. Our attacks are so predictable, we’re easy to suss out. There’s no movement and it’s all so routine. We were repeatedly caught on the counter attack and made Paolo Di Canio look like a genius. I’d love to think this was the match that finally turned the masses against Pardew but I’ll not hold my breath. Howard Webb and his team were awful, absolutely awful. Not saying we deserved a draw, but if they gave that goal it’s a totally different game.

Where do we go from here? I have no idea where the 2 or 3 points we need will come from. Play anything like today and we’re gonners. Pardew must go in the summer, Jonas/Tiote/Shola need to be replaced with boreholes and the new manager needs to buy some battlers that don’t hide. Today was an eye-opener for sure, our players and manager let everyone down.

The behaviour from both sets of fans has been disgraceful too. Giving us all a bad name. I’m absolutely furious and crushed tonight.

tl;dr

We had battlers, Barton and Nolan. 

Swappe dout for Pardews new dymanic style of play.  :lol:

A black day for the club, a completely spineless performance on the pitch and completely embarrassing scenes off it.

In terms of the actual game we never got going and were second to every ball. Our passing and link-up play was nothing short of abysmal and the complete lack of ideas in front of goal was completely startling. There can be no excuses made for such a gutless display, we may have been tired but the lack of motivation on show for one of the biggest and most important games of the season was utterly baffling. Pardew has to take 100% of the blame, the decision to play Gutierrrez at LB was a disaster and the decision to bring Cabaye off instead of Tiote was mystifying.

Despite the debacle we will probably just about stay up, but that is far from good enough with this crop of players. If you include Taylor there were 9 full internationals in the starting line-up for us today and yet they played like complete and utter strangers, that is not acceptable and Pardew's inability to guide such a squad to at least the top half - even in spite of the Europa League fixtures - should spell the end of his reign at the club.

Of course it won't do and that is what is most worrying about the current situation at the club, under Pardew we will continue to stagnate and although we clearly have the ability to lure decent talent from France/Holland, it is difficult to see these players staying at the club for longer than a few seasons at the most.

It's time for the hierarchy to define what the club's actual on the field ambition is, yes we're a profitable business but if all we're going to be is a feeder club for others then what exactly is the point? We haven't come close to winning anything since the FA Cup/Uefa Cup run under Souness, and that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

Still, perhaps more worrying than such a disappointing and disillusioning performance is the actions of the minority which have dragged the name of this club through the gutter on what was already an awful day. The scariest thing, as people have pointed out is the age of the lunatics that took part in those utterly disgraceful scenes, none of them are old enough to remember the old days, and although I didn't experience what went on in the 80s, I, like most of us, were brought up correctly and have always known how to behave at a game.

These cretins don't seem to possess the same moral compass, and believe it is somehow acceptable to bring shame to their city and the region because a team of 11 men - deservedly - lost a football match. Yet it is us, the ones who stayed throughout the entirety of that shower that will be tarred with the same brush as this lot and that is the great shame of the whole day.

The club now need to sit down and do two things, firstly ban these absolute c***s from attending a game at our magnificent stadium for as long as possible, and secondly seriously consider where they want this club to go, if they actually want to back up the largely excellent work they have done and establishing this club as a secure, financially viable institution with actual footballing success, then it is most certainly time that Pardew was shown the door. Sadly that won't happen anytime in the near future.

Guest dover

27 arrests according to sky hopefully that's the first team, pardew and the back room staff for a criminal display, robbing 50,000 fans of their football team. Swapping ameobi for gouffron was amazing as was cabaye off for Ben Arfa, replacing our captain at a goal down in the local derby was a master class is submission. Well done Alan for ending the season on a low fortunately villa have a bad run in otherwise we would be heading for the championship again. I expect 4th bottom.

A black day for the club, a completely spineless performance on the pitch and completely embarrassing scenes off it.

In terms of the actual game we never got going and were second to every ball. Our passing and link-up play was nothing short of abysmal and the complete lack of ideas in front of goal was completely startling. There can be no excuses made for such a gutless display, we may have been tired but the lack of motivation on show for one of the biggest and most important games of the season was utterly baffling. Pardew has to take 100% of the blame, the decision to play Gutierrrez at LB was a disaster and the decision to bring Cabaye off instead of Tiote was mystifying.

Despite the debacle we will probably just about stay up, but that is far from good enough with this crop of players. If you include Taylor there were 9 full internationals in the starting line-up for us today and yet they played like complete and utter strangers, that is not acceptable and Pardew's inability to guide such a squad to at least the top half - even in spite of the Europa League fixtures - should spell the end of his reign at the club.

Of course it won't do and that is what is most worrying about the current situation at the club, under Pardew we will continue to stagnate and although we clearly have the ability to lure decent talent from France/Holland, it is difficult to see these players staying at the club for longer than a few seasons at the most.

It's time for the hierarchy to define what the club's actual on the field ambition is, yes we're a profitable business but if all we're going to be is a feeder club for others then what exactly is the point? We haven't come close to winning anything since the FA Cup/Uefa Cup run under Souness, and that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

Still, perhaps more worrying than such a disappointing and disillusioning performance is the actions of the minority which have dragged the name of this club through the gutter on what was already an awful day. The scariest thing, as people have pointed out is the age of the lunatics that took part in those utterly disgraceful scenes, none of them are old enough to remember the old days, and although I didn't experience what went on in the 80s, I, like most of us, were brought up correctly and have always known how to behave at a game.

These cretins don't seem to possess the same moral compass, and believe it is somehow acceptable to bring shame to their city and the region because a team of 11 men - deservedly - lost a football match. Yet it is us, the ones who stayed throughout the entirety of that shower that will be tarred with the same brush as this lot and that is the great shame of the whole day.

The club now need to sit down and do two things, firstly ban these absolute c***s from attending a game at our magnificent stadium for as long as possible, and secondly seriously consider where they want this club to go, if they actually want to back up the largely excellent work they have done and establishing this club as a secure, financially viable institution with actual footballing success, then it is most certainly time that Pardew was shown the door. Sadly that won't happen anytime in the near future.

:clap:

Guest fraser

Fkn chav scum look at the fkn age of the little c***s

http://i3.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article2595732.ece/ALTERNATES/s2197/SOCCER_RIOTS_NEWCASTLE_35-2595732.jpg

Bloke on the front row in the light blue shirt thinks he's in West Side Story FFS.

My personal favourite was off the ITV news. Some old bloke with a scarf wrapped round his face to hide his identity who realised too late that he didn't have the legs for competing at this level; he was jumped on by some cop. His grandchildren will be proud.

Devils advocate a little here.. Cabaye was dead on his feet and was having a piss poor game, Jonas had played in a LB last two games and had done very well there so to choose him to start there was not a decision I had issue with before the game.

Not defending Pardew and think he is to blame for today I just think those two points can be argued either way

Anyone pickup on St. Niall being a complete w***** on the commentary? Whose idea was that to put him on for this game? Its like having Bobby Charlton in for the Manchester derby ffs.

Erm yeah...he was fizzing in his knickers.

Devils advocate a little here.. Cabaye was dead on his feet and was having a p*ss poor game, Jonas had played in a LB last two games and had done very well there so to choose him to start there was not a decision I had issue with before the game.

Not defending Pardew and think he is to blame for today I just think those two points can be argued either way

Jonas starting at left back was laughable.

Devils advocate a little here.. Cabaye was dead on his feet and was having a p*ss poor game, Jonas had played in a LB last two games and had done very well there so to choose him to start there was not a decision I had issue with before the game.

Well.. had looked decent there last two games and I think Pardew wanted players on the pitch who had been here long enough to know what derby day means and who had been through some of them.

TBH Jonas at LB was the least of our problems, that utter shit ball he played that cost us the first goal had nothing to do with him playing at LB was just a dreadful decision and poorly executed pass.

Anyone pickup on St. Niall being a complete w***** on the commentary? Whose idea was that to put him on for this game? Its like having Bobby Charlton in for the Manchester derby ffs.

Erm yeah...he was fizzing in his knickers.

He'll enjoy tonight, sit back in his chair... ...celebrate by opening a few cans... ...put it into first...

haven't checked but i'll bet many thought it was a good idea pre game. I wasn't sure but wasn't massivly against it.

Well.. had looked decent there last two games and I think Pardew wanted players on the pitch who had been here long enough to know what derby day means and who had been through some of them.

TBH Jonas at LB was the least of our problems, that utter s*** ball he played that cost us the first goal had nothing to do with him playing at LB was just a dreadful decision and poorly executed pass.

Jonas at left back wasn't the least of our problems and the first goal is proof of that.

haven't checked but i'll bet many thought it was a good idea pre game. I wasn't sure but wasn't massivly against it.

I can only speak for myself and I thought that it was shit, the coward finding a place for Jonas while leaving a natural defender on the bench.

TBH Jonas at LB was the least of our problems, that utter s*** ball he played that cost us the first goal had nothing to do with him playing at LB was just a dreadful decision and poorly executed pass.

Jonas at left back wasn't the least of our problems and the first goal is proof of that.

Was a horrific attempt at a cross field pass, nowt to do with him being at LB just poor football.