Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

This one's going to get worse over time for me. I was pretty apathetic/numb during it, but I can feel myself getting more and more p*ssed off that we lost like that, to such a poor team. Really longing for a side that's exciting, there's nothing worse than this tight margins crap that's being served up.

I was amazed by the lethargy you showed.

It didn't even look like lack of organisation, or being too defensive, or anything you could point at as being easy enough to fix. It just looked like you didn't really care too much who won. Maybe it's the effect of the European game on Thursday, I dunno, but there was a real lack of energy all over the pitch.

Sunderland, on the other hand, looked like they wanted to win.

I thought they too were pretty shit, don't get me wrong, they've not turned into a decent side overnight, the difference was they clearly wanted to win the game, and Newcastle didn't seem that arsed.

I'd agree with that. The 5th game in 2 weeks turned out to be a bridge too far, especially with the pressure of a derby on top of it. We lacked energy.

I'd also agree that Sunderland didn't look that great. With an ordinary amount of luck, we'd have come away with a draw.

MOTD is painful watching, and they haven't even scored their first yet.. :anguish:

You must have great willpower.

Colin Murray is going to be unbearable (which is one of the reasons why I'm not watching).

Still can't get over this loss. A night's sleep won't help I don't think.

Guest mavericknufc

This one's going to get worse over time for me. I was pretty apathetic/numb during it, but I can feel myself getting more and more p*ssed off that we lost like that, to such a poor team. Really longing for a side that's exciting, there's nothing worse than this tight margins crap that's being served up.

I can't think of the last time we had a comfortable win.  The one that comes to mind was probably the 3-0 win against Wigan at home, when they had 10 men.  Seems the majority of our wins have been scraping over the line holding onto the lead or last minute jobs such as Stoke and Fulham.

I can't think of the last time we had a comfortable win.  The one that comes to mind was probably the 3-0 win against Wigan at home, when they had 10 men.  Seems the majority of our wins have been scraping over the line holding onto the lead or last minute jobs such as Stoke and Fulham.

It just wears you down. It's just a game, a form of entertainment and it's infuriating that managers like this are the ones that rise to the top.

I'd agree with that. The 5th game in 2 weeks turned out to be a bridge too far, especially with the pressure of a derby on top of it. We lacked energy.

I'd also agree that Sunderland didn't look that great. With an ordinary amount of luck, we'd have come away with a draw.

This was a bridge too far?  :lol:  What about the other games before that?

It didn't even look like lack of organisation, or being too defensive, or anything you could point at as being easy enough to fix. It just looked like you didn't really care too much who won. Maybe it's the effect of the European game on Thursday, I dunno, but there was a real lack of energy all over the pitch.

I thought they too were pretty s***, don't get me wrong, they've not turned into a decent side overnight, the difference was they clearly wanted to win the game, and Newcastle didn't seem that arsed.

at what point did you see that ? before they scored i could only see us scoring, after they scored I saw it like you did.

I thought you looked tired and pretty devoid of ideas from the off. You're right, though, once they'd scored, it got worse.

I thought they were worth their win, but the scoreline probably flatters them a tad, as it suggests they were relatively decent, which they weren't. They just had more application.

I thought they had more focus and aggression. They had only one player who offered any real threat in Sessegnon, yet despite our work on defence all week under Pardew, he was given the freedom of the park to cause havoc. In contrast, they closed down our attacking threats quite successfully.

I thought they too were pretty s***, don't get me wrong, they've not turned into a decent side overnight, the difference was they clearly wanted to win the game, and Newcastle didn't seem that arsed.

at what point did you see that ? before they scored i could only see us scoring, after they scored I saw it like you did.

I thought you looked tired and pretty devoid of ideas from the off. You're right, though, once they'd scored, it got worse.

I thought they were worth their win, but the scoreline probably flatters them a tad, as it suggests they were relatively decent, which they weren't. They just had more application.

I thought they had more focus and aggression. They had only one player who offered any real threat in Sessegnon, yet despite our work on defence all week under Pardew, he was given the freedom of the park to cause havoc. In contrast, they closed down our attacking threats quite successfully.

We seem to have a problem picking up players playing in 'the hole'. We gave Sessegnon acres of space and let him gather momentum time and time again.

Horrible. You have to look down unfortunately.

:sadnod:

f*** you with you good team..and s***

Love Sporti....can't even say it now, I'm not that bitter....yet

I actually like you to pieces.

You mean bastard. MEAN.

We seem to have a problem picking up players playing in 'the hole'. We gave Sessegnon acres of space and let him gather momentum time and time again.

And yet it's seemingly totally beyond us to do anything that inventive with any of our attacking players that are capable of doing it. :idiot2:

Was just going to mention this exact thing. Considering our love of pre-match scouting and adopting our performance/shape to deal with oppositions, how is it that Sessegnon constantly gets free reign against us? Never mind the starting formation, we then switched to fucking 4-4-2 and gave him even more license to roam about in between the midfield and defence.

Just stick Tiote or Perch on him, let the two central defenders deal with Graham and any extra threat from in-front/the sides and push Cabaye on a bit/drag Sissoko back in a bit to compete with Larsson and N'Diaye.

Generally hate our version of the 4-2-3-1, but today took the biscuit.

You mean b******. MEAN.

Sorry you lost today, really.

I just took a quick look at the table and you still aren't that close to relegation. I'm pretty sure you'll do it.  O0

You guys are obviously pretty depressed so I'll leave you alone for now.

You mean b******. MEAN.

Sorry you lost today, really.

I just took a quick look at the table and you still aren't that close to relegation. I'm pretty sure you'll do it.  O0

You guys are obviously pretty depressed so I'll leave you alone for now.  :)

You're a good lad Jotenko. Let us have your manager for a couple of seasons yeah?

If we win nothing this year, why not?