Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

I'd agree with that. The 5th game in 2 weeks turned out to be a bridge too far, especially with the pressure of a derby on top of it. We lacked energy.

I'd also agree that Sunderland didn't look that great. With an ordinary amount of luck, we'd have come away with a draw.

This was a bridge too far?  :lol:  What about the other games before that?

My point was that the mental and physical fatigue might have accumulated over the last 2 weeks and yesterday it caught up with us.

The particular player I was thinking of is Sissoko, who we've relied on a lot to give us impetus. I think he's played practically every minute of every game over the last 2 weeks, and he's steadily looked more and more tired. Not that he looked that bad yesterday, he was just unable to offer as much.

Supporters in the North East will be hurting over this, so I can understand the anger, but we can expect better performances from here on in.

Alreet Pards.

The pic of the bloke fighting the horse has made it to Reddit, one of the bigger sites around for memes and such.

http://i.qkme.me/3twlo1.jpg

I know it's bad but I can't stop laughing at this picture. What a mug.

I kept off the internet and away from the tv after the match yesterday, I couldn't deal with it.

Came into work today and everyone's walking on egg shells around me, as if I personally went rioting and chinning horses.

Anyway, it'll take a while to shake those images of DiCanio celebrating like that on our field. It was an utterly gutless performance, and I don't know how we can bounce back from this to get the points we need from West Brom. I'm predicting 3 points from the remaining 5 games.

I was amazed by the pre match confidence in honesty. We produced exactly what I suspected they would.

I honestly thought the pressure would be too much for them but Di Canio's posing and strutting soon blew that out of the water.

I'll always be confident against the mackems. Really thought we'd avoid a loss, but I guess I underestimated/forgot how poor of a manager Pardew really is.

Like I said in the other thread, today was a culmination of NUFC under Pardew. We've played like that many times at home and either got away with a result or only been narrowly beaten. Today was the extreme performance and result that has simply been coming for a long time, and its happened against that lot. Completely unforgiveable.

(I'm just completely ignoring away form, for some reason that seems to have no bearing on the home crowd's opinion of the manager)

I'll always be confident against the mackems. Really thought we'd avoid a loss, but I guess I underestimated/"forgot" how poor of a manager Pardew really is.

This is it, I did feel slightly at odds with my attitude towards this game and my thoughts on our team/manager. But I elected to just plough on with my usual confidence in these fixtures. I couldn't have been more wrong, I just thought there was no way Pardew wouldn't be able to send them out motivated and that the individual ability would win the game in this particular fixture.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Pardew can ruin anything.

I haven't been on the forum since the game so haven't really followed what has been said previously.  Aside from whether Pardew should still be our manager and general anger at our performances this season as a whole, I genuinely don't think that 3-0 was a fair reflection of the game.  If Cisse's goal has stood, I am fairly certain that we would have won that game.  I fully expect to have a load of people asking if I was at a different game etc etc, but I stand by the fact that our performance did not merit a 3-0 defeat.

Thought it was interesting to see that the Sunderland players that seemed most keen on 'taunting' the NUFC fans were Johnson and Colback.  Didn't see what Graham was doing...

I haven't been on the forum since the game so haven't really followed what has been said previously.  Aside from whether Pardew should still be our manager and general anger at our performances this season as a whole, I genuinely don't think that 3-0 was a fair reflection of the game.  If Cisse's goal has stood, I am fairly certain that we would have won that game.  I fully expect to have a load of people asking if I was at a different game etc etc, but I stand by the fact that our performance did not merit a 3-0 defeat.

Thought it was interesting to see that the Sunderland players that seemed most keen on 'taunting' the NUFC fans were Johnson and Colback.  Didn't see what Graham was doing...

You need to remove those specs you borrowed from Pardew - they were by far the more dangerous side and could easily have scored more ; Taylor lucky to escape a pen award for shirt-pulling in the box for starters...

We were second best in every department bar goalkeeper, mainly due to Pardew's lousy selections and hopeless, outdated tactics.

Whilst he remains at the club, there will be more days like these.....

You need to remove those specs you borrowed from Pardew - they were by far the more dangerous side and could easily have scored more ; Taylor lucky to escape a pen award for shirt-pulling in the box for starters...

We were second best in every department bar goalkeeper, mainly due to Pardew's lousy selections and hopeless, outdated tactics.

Whilst he remains at the club, there will be more days like these.....

Fair enough - was at the game with my dad who has wanted Pardew out from the start (even after last season) and he agreed/brought it up so I don't think 'Pards specs' are really relevant.

Obviously saw the game completely differently.  If Cisse's goal stood and we went into the last 25-30 mins at 1-1 (having been on the ascendancy), I can't see us losing that game.

I'v stuck up for him in the past but yesterday was the game for me - we had so many incentives going into that game and they completely bottled it. The disallowed goal probably would have changed it but we've had loads of luck this and last season so I guess it's gonna even itself out and in a game of that magnitude.

My biggest fear all week leading up to this game was our manner in approaching it. I know you can't start every game hell for leather but if we had come out yesterday and stamped our authority on them they would have crumbled like all the sunderland teams of the past. Our start gave them hope of getting something and once they took the lead we were in real shit - we needed to score first. The home team in derbies have to set the tone.

The manager is looking more clueless with each passing fixture - the players look devoid of confidence aswell as looking completely paggered, and the continued season long lack of urgency in games is really worrying. The team also lacks character - maybe harsh but it's abundantly clear. We mock the likes of Barton and Carroll but I would have had either of them on the pitch yesterday.

Winds me up how s*** Johnson is, yet he still produced a quality finish because none of our lot could even be arsed to close him down. Mugs.

Yep did nothing all day then we let him waltz in and do the one thing he's good at  :crazy2:

The only consolation for me is that I don't live in the NE and I hopefully won't have to see any of her mackem family for a long while.  Never felt so low after a game and I think I include Villa away in that.  At least the relegation was expected and was coming all season. 

Feel for anyone that has the misfortune of having to work with mackems or live in split areas.  Would kill me listening to them go on about it.

Oh and to the fan that booted the metal railings over, that nearly crushed a small child.  You are a cunt and you're not cool for wearing your snap back on backwards. 

Guest reefatoon

Personally it p*ssed me off seeing our Frenchies so friendly with N'Diaye (mainly the new ones). Did no-one tell them the importance of this match?

Have to agree with you on this like. Ben Arfa was all smiles with him walking off the pitch, absolute disgrace.

Ah well, here goes, a broad and short perspective.

Broadly, they've finally had their moment in the sun and as we know they will be basking in the moment for decades to come. A lot of arrogance amongst our fans regarding our derby, almost as if we now have a right to not lose. Older fans will remember when it was pretty even, indeed my first ever derby at SJP they beat us 3-0 when we were hot favourites to win and in the same season beat us 3-0 at Roker. Then there was the 1-4 and the play off loss. We got over it.

No club ever dominates a city or regional derby, whether it's Liverpool,Manchester,Glasgow,Sheffield,Pompey/Saints,Cardiff/Swansea,Forest/Derby, North London or East Anglia. It comes and goes, and when someone in their 30's tells me they have only lived through five defeats we have done much better than most.

Let them enjoy their moment but remember, even if they beat us 10-0, when the wake up they're still smelly mackems and have to live and watch their football in Britain's biggest shit tip.