Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

I was amazed by the lethargy you showed.

It didn't even look like lack of organisation, or being too defensive, or anything you could point at as being easy enough to fix. It just looked like you didn't really care too much who won. Maybe it's the effect of the European game on Thursday, I dunno, but there was a real lack of energy all over the pitch.

Sunderland, on the other hand, looked like they wanted to win.

I thought they too were pretty s***, don't get me wrong, they've not turned into a decent side overnight, the difference was they clearly wanted to win the game, and Newcastle didn't seem that arsed.

at what point did you see that ? before they scored i could only see us scoring, after they scored I saw it like you did.

I thought you looked tired and pretty devoid of ideas from the off. You're right, though, once they'd scored, it got worse.

I thought they were worth their win, but the scoreline probably flatters them a tad, as it suggests they were relatively decent, which they weren't. They just had more application.

I thought they had more focus and aggression. They had only one player who offered any real threat in Sessegnon, yet despite our work on defence all week under Pardew, he was given the freedom of the park to cause havoc. In contrast, they closed down our attacking threats quite successfully.

We seem to have a problem picking up players playing in 'the hole'. We gave Sessegnon acres of space and let him gather momentum time and time again.

Was just going to mention this exact thing. Considering our love of pre-match scouting and adopting our performance/shape to deal with oppositions, how is it that Sessegnon constantly gets free reign against us? Never mind the starting formation, we then switched to fucking 4-4-2 and gave him even more license to roam about in between the midfield and defence.

Just stick Tiote or Perch on him, let the two central defenders deal with Graham and any extra threat from in-front/the sides and push Cabaye on a bit/drag Sissoko back in a bit to compete with Larsson and N'Diaye.

Generally hate our version of the 4-2-3-1, but today took the biscuit.

What makes it so laughable is we pack the side with defensive players across the park, yet with only one player in the opposition capable of doing damage, we can't stop him :lol:

Is this the right thread to say a lot of fucking scumbags follow Newcastle United Football Club? I am assuming most N-O boys are good kids based on the post I have read. Today NE1 was toxic, vile & aggressive and had a lot of unnecessary violence. After what I saw today my feelings are with the folk who went out to watch a football game on Sunday but  at this moment in time are in  hospital. The result is secondary.

Is this the right thread to say a lot of fucking scumbags follow Newcastle United Football Club? I am assuming most N-O boys are good kids based on the post I have read. Today NE1 was toxic, vile & aggressive and had a lot of unnecessary violence. After what I saw today my feelings are with the folk who went out to watch a football game on Sunday but  at this moment in time are in  hospital. The result is secondary.

Today was the ultimate, tbh. Worst game I've been to in 20 years going to SJP. Even worse than Fulham 4 years back.

I was amazed by the lethargy you showed.

It didn't even look like lack of organisation, or being too defensive, or anything you could point at as being easy enough to fix. It just looked like you didn't really care too much who won. Maybe it's the effect of the European game on Thursday, I dunno, but there was a real lack of energy all over the pitch.

Sunderland, on the other hand, looked like they wanted to win.

I thought they too were pretty s***, don't get me wrong, they've not turned into a decent side overnight, the difference was they clearly wanted to win the game, and Newcastle didn't seem that arsed.

at what point did you see that ? before they scored i could only see us scoring, after they scored I saw it like you did.

I thought you looked tired and pretty devoid of ideas from the off. You're right, though, once they'd scored, it got worse.

I thought they were worth their win, but the scoreline probably flatters them a tad, as it suggests they were relatively decent, which they weren't. They just had more application.

I thought they had more focus and aggression. They had only one player who offered any real threat in Sessegnon, yet despite our work on defence all week under Pardew, he was given the freedom of the park to cause havoc. In contrast, they closed down our attacking threats quite successfully.

We seem to have a problem picking up players playing in 'the hole'. We gave Sessegnon acres of space and let him gather momentum time and time again.

Was just going to mention this exact thing. Considering our love of pre-match scouting and adopting our performance/shape to deal with oppositions, how is it that Sessegnon constantly gets free reign against us? Never mind the starting formation, we then switched to f***ing 4-4-2 and gave him even more license to roam about in between the midfield and defence.

Just stick Tiote or Perch on him, let the two central defenders deal with Graham and any extra threat from in-front/the sides and push Cabaye on a bit/drag Sissoko back in a bit to compete with Larsson and N'Diaye.

Generally hate our version of the 4-2-3-1, but today took the biscuit.

RE: the 4-4-2 stuff, I agree, that left us ridiculously open, especially with Sissoko and Tiote together.

It just seems that nobody in midfield ever has a defined role. We play Cabaye and Tiote virtually the same, picking up balls and then spraying it about, they're used as dynamic players, attacking and defending, when neither can play such a role. Tiote isn't a good enough footballer and Cabaye's not a good enough athlete. It's frustrating watching, looking at the heat map today and those 2 were pretty much playing in exactly the same position. Both are so deep but nobody comes to fill in that space left wide open in the middle, it's no wonder we can't create passing combinations.

They need to to back to basics, mainly with Tiote, who is a pure defensive midfielder. Keep his job simple and play him in the hole in front of defence.

Tiote

Cabaye      Sissoko

The above seems a much more logical set up for us the more I think about it.

I don't know if you were around when Newcastle lost at home to Sunderland and got robbed of promotion through the play offs under Jim Smith when both clubs were in the 2nd division. Today felt like that day. Di Canio came for war, we didn't, and the fans ended up doing it instead.

Guest firetotheworks

Is this the right thread to say a lot of f***ing scumbags follow Newcastle United Football Club? I am assuming most N-O boys are good kids based on the post I have read. Today NE1 was toxic, vile & aggressive and had a lot of unnecessary violence. After what I saw today my feelings are with the folk who went out to watch a football game on Sunday but  at this moment in time are in  hospital. The result is secondary.

We're all disgusted mate. I'm massively proud of Newcastle, but today I was completely ashamed. Those involved are a sub-species and have absolutely no place in our society, let alone our great city.

We're all disgusted mate. I'm massively proud of Newcastle, but today I was completely ashamed. Those involved are a sub-species and have absolutely no place in our society, let alone our great city.

Just when you thought the day couldn't get any worse it did, they are brain dead.

Was chatting to a policeman friend before, (not a geordie or a mackem - genuinely neutral). He said he hated policing it as always, but it was no worse than normal, just thought media were up to watch it more because of Milwall trouble and Di Canio. Usually idiot kids at traffic lights near ground and the annual train station trouble. Were having a nightmare containing mackems from train station before the match, with them running through police corden, punching, then running back in corden. (FWIW, said the mackem away fans seem much worse to handle than our away fans, they have trouble with our kids but not our season ticket holders who have enough points for sunlun away).

Vermin everywhere between SJP and Central like, we were stuck in it for ages :lol:

Wish I had of watched the game in the Westholme Club. Think I am immune to derby day defeats after taking the pain of the PLAYOFF loss. For me football and results will always be secondary to other peoples health, what I saw today in Newcastle city centre wasn't right. Some peoples mothers or wife's are going to hospital  to pick up a  relative because Newcastle Utd lost a game football and there relative ended up fighting with other Newcastle fans. Absolute barking mad.

Is this the right thread to say a lot of f***ing scumbags follow Newcastle United Football Club? I am assuming most N-O boys are good kids based on the post I have read. Today NE1 was toxic, vile & aggressive and had a lot of unnecessary violence. After what I saw today my feelings are with the folk who went out to watch a football game on Sunday but  at this moment in time are in  hospital. The result is secondary.

I don't know if you were around when Newcastle lost at home to Sunderland and got robbed of promotion through the play offs under Jim Smith when both clubs were in the 2nd division. Today felt like that day. Di Canio came for war, we didn't, and the fans ended up doing it instead.

TRon - Yeah man I was there and I am honest fella I was chucking coins at the police. My throws were fucking shit I think I hit more of our fans than anything else.  At that time it was US V Police or Sunderland, it wasn't fans V fans like toady.

TRon - Yeah man I was there and I am honest fella I was chucking coins at the police. My throws were f***ing s*** I think I hit more of our fans than anything else.  At that time it was US V Police or Sunderland, it wasn't fans V fans like toady.

What goes through your head when you do stuff like that? Is it just terrible social life? Parents? I mean, wtf is the point in fighting and getting all worked up with police over a game?

(obviously don't mean you Thespence)

Was chatting to a policeman friend before, (not a geordie or a mackem - genuinely neutral). He said he hated policing it as always, but it was no worse than normal, just thought media were up to watch it more because of Milwall trouble and Di Canio. Usually idiot kids at traffic lights near ground and the annual train station trouble. Were having a nightmare containing mackems from train station before the match, with them running through police corden, punching, then running back in corden. (FWIW, said the mackem away fans seem much worse to handle than our away fans, they have trouble with our kids but not our season ticket holders who have enough points for sunlun away).

See, this is what really gets me. Its never the people who actually care about the result who behave pathetically, its these arsehole little kids who just want to try and act hard. You get the odd few adults in there but the less said about them as humans the better. They always far outnumber the police, so why not actually go for them? Or properly go for the mackems when you have the chance? When they're goading the scum and giving it large, a break in the corden should be a gift for them to go and get stuck in. But no, wearing Stone Island is enough for one derby day. I'm not in any way condoning violence, but at least have they excuse of passion and frustration spilling over- not spotty teens who don't care about the result.

And on a side note, their fans are definitely worse than ours. Horrible scumbags the lot of them, a really ugly bunch, too. I hope they stay up for one more year just so we can properly spank them home and away to put them back in their place, and then cast them into Football League oblivion.

That 4-2-3-1 formation is a load of bollocks and seems to have been adapted by a lot of managers because it's something of a "gimmick"this season and last. Just like when people were trying that awful 3-5-2 carry on. Only the top teams can pull off the 4-2-3-1, we certainly can't with the players we have ffs and it's been plainly obvious for ages.

I am like you one  them that is massively proud to say where I am from as well but what I, me, you saw toady that can't be fucking right.  Sunderland were the better team today and won a game football but to see Newcastle fans chinning other Newcastle fans is sickening and heartbreaking for me.

Time to adopt the 'no official travel, no ticket' policy they have for certain games on the continent. Why we allow 1500+ people to be walked a mile between the station and ground (both here and at Sunderland) is lost on me. Remove that issue and all you'd have is drunks like on a normal Friday night.

As a fan who looks forward to the away trip down there, I feel we potentially may be seeing halved crowds or even none at all next season. Yes we like to have a laugh and shout a few verbals but the scenes today were pathetic and shameful. For me, this has made me very angry today, much much angrier than the no show in SJP.

:laugh2:

Horrible. You have to look down unfortunately.

:sadnod:

f*** you with you good team..and s***

Love Sporti....can't even say it now, I'm not that bitter....yet

I actually like you to pieces.

You mean b******. MEAN.

Sorry you lost today, really.

I just took a quick look at the table and you still aren't that close to relegation. I'm pretty sure you'll do it.  O0

You guys are obviously pretty depressed so I'll leave you alone for now.  :)

You're a good lad Jotenko. Let us have your manager for a couple of seasons yeah?

If we win nothing this year, why not?

You can have Pardew. He'll destroy any love you had for football. and let your biggest rivals spank you at home 3-0. Its class

The most depressing, yet real post I'v noticed tonight

urgh

I am like you one  them that is massively proud to say where I am from as well but what I, me, you saw toady that can't be f***ing right.  Sunderland were the better team today and won a game football but to see Newcastle fans chinning other Newcastle fans is sickening and heartbreaking for me.

seriously? where abouts?

What a bunch of cunts. Seen plenty of bickering on like.