Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

Guest neesy111

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lus8eozJIK1qebmjx.gif

This has basically been me since the final whistle.

Same.  Although change the ice cream for Alcohol.  :anguish:

So I've been drinking for 14 hours since my initial comments about this game:

Nothing has changed. Well done to the mackems, they fully deserve the bragging rights and the three points. We were garbage, from manager to coaches to players and we deserved to lose. We had a better 11 out on paper IMO but the mackem 11 wanted to win and our lot didn't, and that's what mattered in the end.

Pardew should be fucking ashamed. He was outdone by a greenhorn manager; shit as he may be, he has more experience than PDC and the manner in which we were dismantled by his ramshackle squad was really embarrassing. I had to take flak from my mates all afternoon long, even from the ones who aren't football fans, and it makes me fucking angry.

I still maintain that today is the straw that breaks the camels back. I hope Pardew is sacked; I'm well on board with the lot that want the cunt slung out ASAP.

Partial exceptions go to the two goalies we utilised, Marveaux and Cisse, who at least looked like they were trying. The rest of them can fuck off, because they showed no balls at all and were completely caned by a gutsy team that seemed to fancy the occasion a million times more than we did.

And a word on our alleged 'superior' central midfield: Tiote and Cabaye - the former I hope we sell, I've said this since the Arsenal 7-3 and today highlighted it further. Absolutely garbage, shit, crap and please fuck off you liability of a cunt. As for Cabaye, he needs to fucking take some ownership. He captained the most pathetic powderpuff XI I've seen since the Roeder/Allardyce days and lead by his incredibly pathetic example. Awful.

Fans setting about other fans, when it looked it like two groups walking past each other. Bodies lying on pavement. Seeing folk get stamped on after/during a group V group ruck. People being so p*ssed and aggressive  when you touch them as your heading to the bog or bar they want a ruck. Today wasn't your normal Fri or Sat night w*****s it was more toxic.

Christ.

All this trouble off the field has damaged the image of our club enormously.

We appear now as if we have fans who can't take a Derby defeat, and this after we had tanked them 5-1 2 years ago, and a few years earlier, 4-1 at their place for heavens' sake....

Obviously, I know that as ever, this is a minority who have brought our name into disrepute but it is the majority who suffer for these things....who knows what under-the-counter deals will be done by the PL in order to punish the fans - you can draw your own conclusions and we are in a relegation battle now......

Fights are nothing new at Derby games , even dating back to the beginning of the 20th century, but they tended to be isolated affairs - this is something else and most of us on here will be disgusted by those who have brought disgrace on our club - the last thing we needed on a very bad day for Newcastle United.

No excuse whatsoever for this shambles.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/758141912.jpg

:o

Photo: Pardew engages Di Canio in the Tyne-Wear derby.

“If it doesn’t work, then Di Canio is a donkey and, 'Bye bye.'

“But I’m sure that Di Canio is a stallion and I will deliver the right job for my players in the future.

Guest Bert Shaft

I usually dont get as angry or upset over football as I used to.

That said, after hearing Pardew trotting out the old tiredness excuses yesterday I thought same old Pardew., everybody and anythings fault but his own.

After finding out that this nugget was even making his tiredness excuses on Saturday in the Daily Mail, that's it, f*ck him, I want him out now.

This is unforgivable in my book.

Probably already posted but this article sums Pardew up perfectly for me....

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited?cc=5739#

I asked a question on Friday about what a combined North East XI would look like if made up from the players available for Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby. Facebook and Twitter responses from Newcastle and Sunderland supporters agreed that nine if not ten of that 'dream' team would come from Tyneside. Sunderland fans argued that Danny Rose would be included (I agreed) and some argued that Simon Mignolet would make it in ahead of Tim Krul - I disagreed there but acknowledge its a close call.

This, added to Newcastle's home record in recent derby games led the Newcastle supporters to approach this game with a rare confidence. And why not? Sunderland have been utterly abysmal of late; no wins from nine games and not a single shot on goal in Paolo Di Canio's first game as manager at Stamford Bridge last week. How then can you explain the 3-0 win for Sunderland that silenced the St James' Park faithful? The Mackems' biggest on Tyneside since 1966.

A quick look at the Alan Pardew limited but oft-used book of excuses tells us that it was tiredness that led to such an appalling, gutless display. Tiredness because Newcastle played 90 minutes in the Europa League against Benfica on Thursday. Obviously he didn't mention the fact that before Sunday Newcastle have averaged 1.33 points per game in the league fixtures immediately following European competition, compared to only one point gained per game when they hadn't played in Europe beforehand. He also neglected to mention that four of the starting XI for the derby didn't start Thursday's game. Or that several of them haven't played a great deal of games this season for one reason or another.

I'd like to ask Pardew if it is tiredness that has stopped Newcastle from scoring a single goal from a corner for 18 months. Not one goal from a corner kick since October 2011. Newcastle's pathetic corner kick routines rarely even come close to producing anything.

Perhaps he could enlighten us as to whether tiredness is the reason behind Newcastle winning a single Premier League away game in over eleven months? The worst away record in England.

Maybe it was tiredness that forced Pardew to play Papiss Cisse out on the wing for such a large part of the season? Does tiredness make his team hoof the ball long as often as possible? Play Moussa Sissoko, a dominant central midfielder, up front or wide left? Play Jonas Gutierrez at left-back (or usually anywhere Pardew can fit him) whilst an actual left-back sits on the bench?

Personally I am seriously tiring of Pardew's excuses.

Sunderland won Sunday's game because their new manager managed to hit home to them how absolutely vital this game was. Not only was local pride at stake, both teams are fighting for their Premier League future too. From the first whistle Sunderland looked the team who wanted it most.

Many will point to the disallowed Papiss Cisse goal at 0-1 as a turning point. There is no doubt that this was another pathetic example of Premier League officials' deficiencies but there had been a lot of football played before that, in which Newcastle were second best to almost every ball and every challenge.

Would Newcastle have gone on to win the game if the goal had not counted? We will never know. But what we do know is that every time Sunderland broke forward they looked likely to score. The Newcastle United left midfielder, Gutierrez, who has played through a terrible season and started this one out of position at left-back had a nightmare. Who'd have thought it?

In summary, this game perfectly encapsulated the pathetic season Newcastle United supporters have had to sit and watch. Players out of position, questionable tactics (I'd question what the tactics were - it looked like the early game plan was to pass the ball to Sylvain Marveaux and see if he could produce some magic) and 'super fans' who won't have a word said against the manager or his players despite seeing things with their own eyes. Everything was laid out bare and Newcastle were pathetic in their most important game of all.

There may be even bigger games ahead. If Wigan somehow win their two games in hand, Newcastle will sit only two points above the relegation zone with home games against Liverpool and Arsenal to come, as well as away games against West Brom, West Ham and QPR. With one away win all season and a very poor record of seven home defeats, Newcastle need to improve quickly.

Newcastle will probably have just enough to stay up, but do I trust Pardew as the man to take the club forward next season? No.

I'd agree with that. The 5th game in 2 weeks turned out to be a bridge too far, especially with the pressure of a derby on top of it. We lacked energy.

I'd also agree that Sunderland didn't look that great. With an ordinary amount of luck, we'd have come away with a draw.

This was a bridge too far?  :lol:  What about the other games before that?

My point was that the mental and physical fatigue might have accumulated over the last 2 weeks and yesterday it caught up with us.

The particular player I was thinking of is Sissoko, who we've relied on a lot to give us impetus. I think he's played practically every minute of every game over the last 2 weeks, and he's steadily looked more and more tired. Not that he looked that bad yesterday, he was just unable to offer as much.

Supporters in the North East will be hurting over this, so I can understand the anger, but we can expect better performances from here on in.