Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

Those of you talking about 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 its meaningless because Pardew doesn't seem to know how to coach or install off the ball movement in a team.

Our problems far outweigh the system he uses.

I really don't know what happened to Pardew when we had that 5-6 game run and we played some great stuff but he must have been drugged or some shit because that would never work ever again.

The only answer is getting a manager who does understand these things.

It's totally beyond me why anyone who's proud to be a geordie and hates sunderland would want to embarass our club and city, give them moral high ground and give them extra satisfaction in their victory to see how badly we're handling it. To me, when you lose, is your time to show you can take it, you can't just gloat in the good times. You face it, stay to the end and sing.

Guest bimpy474

That 4-2-3-1 formation is a load of bollocks and seems to have been adapted by a lot of managers because it's something of a "gimmick"this season and last. Just like when people were trying that awful 3-5-2 carry on. Only the top teams can pull off the 4-2-3-1, we certainly can't with the players we have ffs and it's been plainly obvious for ages.

Dunno why the idiot doesn't go back to 4-3-3, the only real time we played some decent stuff. Ben Arfa right, just need someone to play left like Ba did, which i think Sissoko or Gouff could do.

You then have Marv, Cabaye, Tiote, Perch, Jonas for the 3 places in the middle.

Exactly, its bollocks and doesn't make sense. The time we played our "best" football was with a 4-3-3 so why the f*** not go back to it. He seems to plough on with things even if its plainly obvious to everyone that it doesn't work.

The midfield just simply doesn't impose itself in games. You've got Cabaye sitting too deep and a suspect Tiote doing well.....not very much at the moment because even he seems to be playing himself out of what he does best at the request of the manager. Why are we seeing Tiote bringing the ball forward and Cabaye hovering around in front of the back four ffs?

The way he sets us up for games and the shape of the team is non-existent. Nobody really looks like they know what they're supposed to be doing and that seems to be leading to this static, rubbish play where people are standing around when there's no movement.

I think the 3-0 flattered them a bit today to be honest but they came here with a plan and gubbed us well and proper.....made us look like proper mugs, players, fans and most of all the manager. Even at 70 mins before Johnson scored we were in the game but apart from the disallowed goal I don't remember us testing Mingolet that much 2nd half.

I seem to have taken the defeat pretty well so far.....more like a grim acceptance of the reality of our side/manager at the moment or more an apathetic acceptance. Someone made the point in this thread that a result like this has been coming and if its the rocket up the arse the players need or the slow wheel of change starting to move then I guess that;s the only slim positive that can be taken.

Pardew looks lost for ideas and like a rabbit in headlights.

The bizarre thing is, the way we set up, Tiote/Cabaye wth Sissoko in front of them. The 3 of them are always so far apart it's mental.

Pardew is just a crap manager with zero tactical idea, it really is that simple.

My Chelse mate sent me a text before the match as he was watching before heading to Wembley. He said "you should murder them with that side on the pitch"....followed by "what the fuck was all that about, they wanted it more?"

:sadnod:

Felipao91  - Am a big kid and guys like Gimp will tell ya I am nee soppy sod but seeing that many drunk Newcastle fans wanting to hurt other Newcastle fans you question ya self whether (sp) its f***ing worth it. There will be a a few folk not going to work tomorrow because there jaws have been broken today off people who support the same team as them. Sickening. 

Sorry to anyone who correctly thinks I have took this thread away from its topic but I have never seen nothing like the folk drinking in Newcastle city centre today. I have always worked on the principle at home or abroad us Geordies look after each other.

What actually happened?

Fans setting about other fans, when it looked it like two groups walking past each other. Bodies lying on pavement. Seeing folk get stamped on after/during a group V group ruck. People being so pissed and aggressive  when you touch them as your heading to the bog or bar they want a ruck. Today wasn't your normal Fri or Sat night wankers it was more toxic.

Fans setting about other fans, when it looked it like two groups walking past each other. Bodies lying on pavement. Seeing folk get stamped on after/during a group V group ruck. People being so p*ssed and aggressive  when you touch them as your heading to the bog or bar they want a ruck. Today wasn't your normal Fri or Sat night w*****s it was more toxic.

Christ.

Those of you talking about 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 its meaningless because Pardew doesn't seem to know how to coach or install off the ball movement in a team.

I was banging this drum for ages! 4-3-3 was supposedly going to save us and transform us into a glorious attacking team.

I was banging this drum for ages! 4-3-3 was supposedly going to save us and transform us into a glorious attacking team.

He's not even playing 4-3-3 though :lol:

It's pretty much 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 masquerading as a 4-2-3-1. Sissoko isn't involved in the midfield battle ever, he's often battling with centre halves and full backs.

I didn't realise at the time :lol::notworthy: to you.

We tried just about every formation under this t*** apart from three at the back and I can tell you that ain't going to work either.

No formation is sustainable with success under this p*ss w*** of a 'coach' I use that word in the loosest term.

Football requires movement for it to work , formations require movement any formation needs it.

We tried just about every formation under this t*** apart from three at the back and I can tell you that ain't going to work either.

No formation is sustainable with success under this p*ss w*** of a 'coach' I use that word in the loosest term.

Football requires movement for it to work , formations require movement any formation needs it.

didn't we try that 1ce and get hammered?

Can't even bring myself to go to bed because then I'll have to wake up and remember it again. That's before even sitting next to a load of fucking inbreds at work.

Fuck's sake man. Pardew can't even do the decent thing to make my day a bit better and fuck off.

And Cabrera's lost the fucking play off. Kill me now.

didn't we try that 1ce and get hammered?

Well there you go.