Newcastle United 0 - 3 sunderland - Post-match reaction from p58

Nobody

Guest firetotheworks

Students on St Thomas Crescent singing Paolo Di Canio songs. Eeeeh, they are so con-tro-ver-sial aren't they? These students?

I watched Debuchy's post-match NUFCTV interview. Fairly generic stuff, as you'd imagine, but he looked devastated at the end.

Not that surprising considering he was one of the few that looked like he gave a shit out there, i'm not concerned about him so much but the majority of the team need a long hard look at themselves.

Guest WashyGeordie

I watched Debuchy's post-match NUFCTV interview. Fairly generic stuff, as you'd imagine, but he looked devastated at the end.

Not that surprising considering he was one of the few that looked like he gave a s*** out there, i'm not concerned about him so much but the majority of the team need a long hard look at themselves.

The really disappointing thing is that the team that got us relegated got a load of grief at Villa Park for the lack of fight, bottle etc. But the 1-1 at St James' that season there was loads of it in that game, also coming back from 0-1, compared to the team yesterday. Ugh.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-midfielder-cheick-tiote-2596930

Cheick Tiote has admitted that Newcastle United lacked the required level of “spirit” to emerge as derby day victors against Sunderland.

The Wearsiders won their first game on Tyneside for 13 years as Alan Pardew became the first man since Bobby Robson to suffer defeat.

Battling midfielder Tiote was back after injury, but he could not do enough to lift Newcastle after a poor derby display.

During the aftermath, he told the Chronicle: “It is the worst day for the club – for the players, for the fans and for everyone.

“It was difficult for us. We created some chances but we were missing spirit in the team.

“We have had so many games.

“It is the first year we’ve played in the Europa League and the Premier League.

“Some players are tired and we didn’t have enough energy on the pitch.”

Tiote stopped short of apologising to fans, stating that there was nothing he could say to make them feel better.

The former FC Twente star said: “I don’t think there is anything I can say to them that would make them happy.

“To lose 3-0 at home against Sunderland is the worst thing that can happen to them.

“That is football, but now the game is finished and we have some important games coming up.

“On Saturday against West Brom that will be hard as well.

“Now we need to win one or two games to stay in the Premier League.”

Tiote also felt that everybody at United had to take responsibility for the mess the club finds itself in after the defeat.

He said: “Everybody does. Not only the players, the manager as well, everyone.

“We’re never happy to lose any game, especially against Sunderland.”

Tiote revealed it was the worst day of his career too and when asked if it was right at the top of list of painful experiences in the game, he said: “Yes. I am playing for Newcastle and to lose to Chelsea or Man United is disappointing. But not like losing to Sunderland. We missed some spirit.

We didn’t play badly, we created chances but we were missing some spark on the pitch.”

Sharon's Gran Brenda ‏@SharonsGran 1h

“@sophiemounsey: So embarrassed that me grandad is all over the news for fighting with a horse” he's a revolting c*** #scum

:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/6TAUyeU.gif

Unfortunately.

Dunno like, I got impression from her page that she's been overwhelmed by comments (and abuse) so is now saying it wasn't him.

Has anyone seen or heard any quotes from the players regarding the game? Seen Pardew's sorry interviews but haven't heard anything from the players point of view?

Elliot apologises to Newcastle fans

April 15, 2013

Newcastle goalkeeper Rob Elliot has made an apology to the club's stunned supporters after Sunday's crushing 3-0 defeat at the hands of local rivals Sunderland.

Elliot saw two Sunderland goals fly past him after he replaced the injured Tim Krul in the second half at St James' Park and he admitted the mood in his side's dressing room after the game was as low as he can remember.

"We have got to hold our hands up, we didn't do what we needed to do and we let ourselves and everyone else down," Elliot told Newcastle's official website. "Everyone is gutted, hugely disappointed, devastated - forgetting the three points, about what it means to everyone.

"This is the lowest point. You dream of playing in one of these derbies and I am so proud to play for Newcastle United, but then that happens, and it cannot happen again. We have to look at ourselves and ask work out why we played like that after some good performances.

"It wasn't good enough, there are no excuses, and we have to make sure that this hurt drives us on now over the final five games. It feels awful and I never want to feel like this again.

"It shouldn't have happened in the first place and we have to make sure that we finish our last five games strong. We have to carry this defeat forward and turn it into some sort of positive."

Elliot may be in line to enjoy a run in the Newcastle side in their final five Premier League games, after it was confirmed that a dislocated shoulder suffered by first choice keeper Krul will keep him out of action for the rest of this season.

"Tim isn't good and I'm gutted for him," added Elliot. "I'm not one of those people that would ever wish an injury on somebody to get my chance.

"He's a brave lad so if he had to go to hospital then that tells you it isn't good. It was a bad day anyway but losing someone like Tim has made it even worse."

Has anyone seen or heard any quotes from the players regarding the game? Seen Pardew's sorry interviews but haven't heard anything from the players point of view?

Elliot apologises to Newcastle fans

April 15, 2013

Newcastle goalkeeper Rob Elliot has made an apology to the club's stunned supporters after Sunday's crushing 3-0 defeat at the hands of local rivals Sunderland.

Elliot saw two Sunderland goals fly past him after he replaced the injured Tim Krul in the second half at St James' Park and he admitted the mood in his side's dressing room after the game was as low as he can remember.

"We have got to hold our hands up, we didn't do what we needed to do and we let ourselves and everyone else down," Elliot told Newcastle's official website. "Everyone is gutted, hugely disappointed, devastated - forgetting the three points, about what it means to everyone.

"This is the lowest point. You dream of playing in one of these derbies and I am so proud to play for Newcastle United, but then that happens, and it cannot happen again. We have to look at ourselves and ask work out why we played like that after some good performances.

"It wasn't good enough, there are no excuses, and we have to make sure that this hurt drives us on now over the final five games. It feels awful and I never want to feel like this again.

"It shouldn't have happened in the first place and we have to make sure that we finish our last five games strong. We have to carry this defeat forward and turn it into some sort of positive."

Elliot may be in line to enjoy a run in the Newcastle side in their final five Premier League games, after it was confirmed that a dislocated shoulder suffered by first choice keeper Krul will keep him out of action for the rest of this season.

"Tim isn't good and I'm gutted for him," added Elliot. "I'm not one of those people that would ever wish an injury on somebody to get my chance.

"He's a brave lad so if he had to go to hospital then that tells you it isn't good. It was a bad day anyway but losing someone like Tim has made it even worse."

I really like Elliot. He had no chance at either goals, so he's got nowt to be embarrassed about personally. Seems like a top bloke, who realises how lucky he is to be at a club like ours and feels proud every time he gets the chance to play for us.

People need to stop having a go at eachother man, we're all on the same side ffs.

That's just it - we aren't...

Some want to defend Pardew under any circumstances(justifiable if he had any sort of long-term track record of success as a manager, which he hasn't) and the majority want him gone like yesterday.

How can such divided opinions be on the same side when each thinks that their opinion is best for NUFC ??

If you believe strongly enough in the same entity achieving the same goals, the means of accomplishment will never be strong enough to cause division.

There's about 2 people on the forum who don't think Pardew should be gone in the summer, so that issue obviously shouldn't be causing too much hostility.

People need to stop having a go at eachother man, we're all on the same side ffs.

That's just it - we aren't...

Some want to defend Pardew under any circumstances(justifiable if he had any sort of long-term track record of success as a manager, which he hasn't) and the majority want him gone like yesterday.

How can such divided opinions be on the same side when each thinks that their opinion is best for NUFC ??

merlin, you've missed my point then, so let me be clear with what I mean't earlier then - theres some really poor personal slagging being thrown about by people on here since the defeat.  This is all to others who's opinions differ from their own. I have no problem with debate, its the point of a football forum - but when people start taking jabs beyond football and at people themselves, they've taken it one step too far.

We're all supporters of this club - despite which manager we want in charge, what tactics to employ, favorite or most hated players. We all want to  see this club succeed and do us proud. So yes, we're all on the same side, in my opinion.