PFA Player of the Year: Gareth Bale (both awards)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quite confused as why RVP has so few votes, he's basically the reason Man Yoo are ending the season with the title.

Man U are going to end up with a similar amount of points to last season. City pissing away points away from home is the reason.

Not sure about now but in the middle of February he had won them 22 points and no one else came close..... 1 player winning a club 22 points is pretty big.

You are acting like they would be playing with ten players if they didn't have him

Nope..... just find it quite shocking that a player who has been consistently clutch for his team and won his team many games by himself can only manage 5 votes when players like Bale and Mata can get 20+ when they have not been anywhere near as consistent match winners as Van Persie has.

Even Suarez hasn't consistently come up with the goods in big games and been the difference between 0-1 and 3 points as often as Van Persie has.

He basically carried them until January which basically won them the league.... Bale wasn't player of the year form until January a lot of people forget that August-December Dembele, Defoe, Lennon and Dempsey were just as big influences and Mata as good as he's been i don't believe has ever touched the level of Van Persie, Suarez and Bale.

Suarez is the only one who has consistently been a match winner but i prefer Van Persie to him because unlike Suarez in practically every big game Van Persie comes up with the goods..... there's a reason Liverpool have only beaten 1 top 10 team team and that team Spurs basically handed it to Liverpool on a plate he's a flat track bully if there ever was one.

Never has a player won so many games for a team on his back yet so undervalued as far as player of the year goes( i have noticed this all over the place too not just here).... the only thing i can think of is that people consider Mata, Suarez and Bale more exciting to watch because when it comes to effectiveness, clutch factor and a game winner Van Persie is head and shoulders above.

Meh maybe i just look for different things to others.

I think Van Persie, he's been brilliant and more to the point has made the difference for Man Utd as they look like winning the league at a canter after losing it to their rivals last year.

They've won the league at a canter despite RVP not scoring for 10 games.

I think Van Persie, he's been brilliant and more to the point has made the difference for Man Utd as they look like winning the league at a canter after losing it to their rivals last year.

They've won the league at a canter despite RVP not scoring for 10 games.

The league was won because of his goals before then that's why :lol:

Not sure why this not scoring for 10 games is being made such a fuss over though..... Suarez has gone on an 8 game streak and two 4 game streaks ( one of which he's currently on) yet i don't see that mentioned.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Mata.

Scores goals.

Sets them up.

Gets his team playing.

As far as I'm aware is not a racist, or a cheat, or a kicker of ballboys.

PFA Player of Year nominations just out: Bale, Carrick, Hazard, Mata, Suarez, Van Persie.

Young player: Hazard, Bale, Lukaku, Welbeck, Wilshere, Benteke.

Bale... eye catching goals but has had a fair share of average games either side of mid season... Shocking dives...

Carrick... doing a very limited job and hasn't looked great against the stronger teams...

Hazard... Great opening half dozen games then has tailed off... Another diver...

Mata... Consistently been good if not brilliant...

Suarez... On the pitch very good with the odd duff game and still diving... Off the pitch not so clever...

Van Persie... Great first half to the season... Quiter second...

Mata... Suarez... Bale...

Don't even think there should be a young players poll these days as football as changed so much but out of that lot Benteke...

Glaring omissions... Baines & Michu & Zabaleta & Lambert...

I think Baines proved yesterday why I think he should be in there. :yao:

Didn't see it, did he play badly?

Just the goal really. Passed it straight to their player and they scored a few seconds later.

Bale for me.

If Suarez stop diving, learns to pass, and doesn't try to do everything on his own.. he will win it imo

If Suarez didnt do everything on his own (your words not mine) Liverpool would be bottom half imo

Bale for me.

If Suarez stop diving, learns to pass, and doesn't try to do everything on his own.. he will win it imo

If Suarez didnt do everything on his own (your words not mine) Liverpool would be bottom half imo

not do, but try to do everything on his own..

It is hard to say if they would be bottom half without him, he has ruined many chances by not passing the ball, but if you look at it in another way, he creates much on his own. They might be better off without him, because then the other players has to stand up instead of just giving the ball to Suarez and not expecting it back. (Best example that comes to my mind is when Arsenal sold Henry, they were tipped to be a mid table team, but other players raised to the occasion).