Alan Pardew

Mike

I love Jonas too and think he could do a fine job as a central midfielder (not first choice if everyone is fit).  Don't see what's changed about his game so much since the 433 near the end of 11/12 when he was performing well to make that not the case.

The fact he's still getting named in the team as one of our furthest forward players on the wing despite the fact he's never beat a man or created/scored a goal for ages is an absolute joke though.  I'm really worried we won't buy another winger, the people running the show at NUFC don't appear to have fully-functioning eyes.

:thup:

It's actually quite unbelievable that we've just seen an entire season with Jonas on the wing for the vast majority after he'd been so decent in central midfield.  It's another one to add to Pardew's mental deficiency list, any cunt can see that he's not a winger but persist we must, because he offers something defensively or something.

He looks decent in midfield when he has plenty of time on the ball (namely against continental sides) but put him under any pressure and he'll misplace too many passes. Lovely guy and all that but how anyone can piss and moan about us not creating enough then advocate him starting (with or without everyone fit) seems like a bit of a double standard to me.

Honestly, what happened to just wanting midfielders that could win the odd the ball, play it and then move up the pitch to support the attack? At times I fucking hate what Makelele and Mourinho started. Teams like us can't afford just another man in there to 'keep it simple'. Our current 'attacking' players aren't good enough for it all to rest on their shoulders.

agree with that in a sense but in our case it's coupled with the managers rigid tactics and that makes it considerably worse imo...pardew doesn't want his midfield roaming about, getting ahead of the ball and so forth, he wants them standing in formation to face the german machine guns with a stick in their hands

Whether he should be coming out and saying that is another matter, but if that's true then Pardew should be sacked on that alone. He's an experienced manager and if he doesn't know how to set up productive training sessions by now then that's humiliating.

From Pardew's perspective he was probably terrified of additional training injuries to what was a lengthy injury list. Either way, I think Jonas is spot on, and I'm glad he's come out with these comments, stating what was blatantly obvious to anyone that consistently watched us last season.

I love Jonas too and think he could do a fine job as a central midfielder (not first choice if everyone is fit).  Don't see what's changed about his game so much since the 433 near the end of 11/12 when he was performing well to make that not the case.

The fact he's still getting named in the team as one of our furthest forward players on the wing despite the fact he's never beat a man or created/scored a goal for ages is an absolute joke though.  I'm really worried we won't buy another winger, the people running the show at NUFC don't appear to have fully-functioning eyes.

:thup:

It's actually quite unbelievable that we've just seen an entire season with Jonas on the wing for the vast majority after he'd been so decent in central midfield.  It's another one to add to Pardew's mental deficiency list, any cunt can see that he's not a winger but persist we must, because he offers something defensively or something.

Yep agree with all this. He can do a job in centre mid in a three for sure, not starting all the time though as you said.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Luke Edwards suggesting Kinnesr has the power to sack Pardew. No wonder we haven't signed anyone.