Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Twitter rumour.

Alan Pardew here at the Lyon-Sociedad match this evening #nufc #OL

Oh great, trying to sign another frenchy he can't motivate.

Or bull hater.

Twitter rumour.

Alan Pardew here at the Lyon-Sociedad match this evening #nufc #OL

Oh great, trying to sign another frenchy he can't motivate.

or more than likely just taking in a match as he's in the area to bow and scrape to the almighty bloodsuckers agents of Cabaye

or its made up bullshit

Where does the Poyet link with Ashley actually come from? He seems to be second place in the "we're bound to appoint..." stakes.

I know he scored against us loads but I've never really understood why some Newcastle fans really dislike him. Is there something I've missed? I'd be more than happy to change Pardew for him. I don't understand the ins and outs of why he was sacked, but he did brilliantly at Brighton. Absolutely pissed League One, made some good signings and consolidated their Championship status, then got into the play-offs in his third season. Only a short managerial career so far but pretty flawless results-wise. Seems like a promising young manager.

I want Pardew replaced as much as anyone, but for this saying they would take Kinnear just think back to this game http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1090832/Newcastle-2-Stoke-2-Kinnear-dock-Faye-late-strike.html  Probably the biggest balls up of dropped points of the entire relegation season.  Team was cruising in the first half, an injury to Danny Guthrie and Kinnear decides to move 4 players out of position for the second half which resulted in headless chickens that threw away what should have been an easy win.  The man is a lunatic and a dinosaur of a manager.

I also don't want him taking over as I honestly think his heart couldn't take it, the result of which could be horrific.

I want Pardew replaced as much as anyone, but for this saying they would take Kinnear just think back to this game http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1090832/Newcastle-2-Stoke-2-Kinnear-dock-Faye-late-strike.html  Probably the biggest balls up of dropped points of the entire relegation season.  Team was cruising in the first half, an injury to Danny Guthrie and Kinnear decides to move 4 players out of position for the second half which resulted in headless chickens that threw away what should have been an easy win.  The man is a lunatic and a dinosaur of a manager.

I also don't want him taking over as I honestly think his heart couldn't take it, the result of which could be horrific.

Yeah, there were many horror shows but that's always the one that sticks in my mind. Geremi (then Cacapa) and Jonas at CM in a 4-4-2. :lol:

Where does the Poyet link with Ashley actually come from? He seems to be second place in the "we're bound to appoint..." stakes.

I know he scored against us loads but I've never really understood why some Newcastle fans really dislike him. Is there something I've missed? I'd be more than happy to change Pardew for him. I don't understand the ins and outs of why he was sacked, but he did brilliantly at Brighton. Absolutely p*ssed League One, made some good signings and consolidated their Championship status, then got into the play-offs in his third season. Only a short managerial career so far but pretty flawless results-wise. Seems like a promising young manager.

He was on a sky sports prog just after kk quit under ashley...said he was asked about tge role but said not in tge current climate with all the protests etc...andy gray and the other wankers were sniggering

Yeah, there were many horror shows but that's always the one that sticks in my mind. Geremi (then Cacapa) and Jonas at CM in a 4-4-2. :lol:

Habib Beye was on the wing too I think?

I know he scored against us loads but I've never really understood why some Newcastle fans really dislike him. Is there something I've missed? I'd be more than happy to change Pardew for him. I don't understand the ins and outs of why he was sacked, but he did brilliantly at Brighton. Absolutely p*ssed League One, made some good signings and consolidated their Championship status, then got into the play-offs in his third season. Only a short managerial career so far but pretty flawless results-wise. Seems like a promising young manager.

I agree - Poyet would probably be a vast improvement on Pardew but I doubt whether he would stay at SJP very long under Ashley. Ideally, we need new owners and quickly.

Alan Pardew asks Newcastle fans for patience

22 Aug 2013 08:08

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has asked fans to be patient and judge his side when they have the next two home games under their belts

Alan Pardew has urged the Toon Army to judge his side after their two home games with West Ham United and Fulham.

The Newcastle United boss has emerged from the mauling at Manchester City determined to be philosophical in defeat.

A full house will welcome back Premier League football to Tyneside on Saturday and, after the 4-0 battering at the Etihad, Newcastle expects.

But Pardew – who spent Tuesday in the south of France for transfer talks with Mike Ashley and Joe Kinnear – is confident that his players will deliver against the Hammers.

He told the Chronicle: “Really and truly it is about the next 37 games – particularly the two at home. We need points on the board.

“It will be a better measure for us after West Ham and Fulham. Judge us after that.”

Newcastle have moved into the final fortnight of the transfer window with just Loic Remy’s loan switch all they have to show for their efforts so far.

Sources close to director of football Joe Kinnear have indicated that Ashley held what the ex-Wimbledon boss said was a “positive meeting” with the Toon tycoon and his manager in a coastal location in the south of France after jetting to Nice.

Kinnear emerged from the meeting to indicate he was “hopeful” of new signings after both Pardew and the DoF put forward their cases to bring in new blood.

Newcastle were linked with Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff but while the player is one United have been aware of, at 27 they want younger blood.

Pardew is a big admirer of Blackpool’s Tom Ince and it is has been a name that has been put forward to the Toon board already this summer.

But the fact he is valued at £8million, with an unproven status in the Premier League, might deter the Magpies.

Shola Ameobi is also interesting Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp.

The QPR boss tried to sign Ameobi during his Portsmouth days, but Newcastle will not allow their long-serving striker to leave unless they bring in cover before the window shuts.

Meanwhile, Pardew has thrown the gauntlet down to Hatem Ben Arfa and Cheick Tiote as Yohan Cabaye’s future is left shrouded in doubt.

He said: “On the positive side, Hatem looked sharp in front of the goal.

“I thought Cheick Tiote looked more like his old self.

“Going forward we would be better judged after the next two games.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-asks-newcastle-united-5765317?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

@tfeditor1892: AP: “If it doesn’t happen (new signings), like everything in life we are going to have to get on with it, with what we have got". f*** off

:lol:

Is that a real quote?

“Really and truly it is about the next 37 games – particularly the two at home. We need points on the board.

“It will be a better measure for us after West Ham and Fulham. Judge us after that.”

Okay Alan, show us what you've got.

Pardew remains hopeful on signings

8:00am Thursday 22nd August 2013 in Sport Photograph of the Author By Steph Clark, Sports Reporter

NEWCASTLE UNITED manager Alan Pardew remains confident of adding to his squad despite having his search for reinforcements interrupted by Arsenal's pursuit of Yohan Cabaye.

Pardew jetted out to France on Tuesday evening with director of football Joe Kinnear and chief scout Graham Carr to discuss their next move in the transfer window.

It is thought they also met to discuss the situation surrounding Cabaye's future with the Magpies officials keen to talk the Frenchman out of a move away from St James' Park.

Pardew is still desperate to add another striker to his ranks, despite the acquisition of Loic Remy earlier this month, while he is also keen to bring in a left-sided midfielder.

Arsenal's ill-timed bid for Cabaye was knocked back straight away on Monday, but it isn't likely to end interest in the player with AS Monaco and Paris St Germain also waiting in the wings to make an offer.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is not willing to let the midfielder leave for anything less than £20m, despite signing him for a mere £3.5m two seasons ago.

With less than two weeks to go until the transfer window shuts, Ashley will not rush into selling the 27-year-old, but it leaves the question whether the Magpies will have time to find a replacement should he move on.

Blackpool's Tom Ince has been mentioned as a possible replacement, and although other clubs have been put off by the Seasiders £8m asking price, that wouldn't be out of the Magpies' reach if they pocket the £20m sum being muted for Cabaye.

Lyon were in action on Tuesday night in their Champions League qualifier, but Magpies target Bafetimbi Gomis wasn't involved amidst the speculation surrounding his future.

Pardew has been desperate to add a second striker this summer and the need to do so was heightened after Monday's humiliating 4-0 defeat in their season opener against Manchester City.

The Magpies boss has revealed a new signing is exactly what the club needs right now as they look to kick-start their season at home to West Ham on Saturday.

"A big player coming in boosts the group as well as the fans," Pardew said.

"I'm not going to say something that I don't think is true and say, 'oh, it's not affecting them'.

"I think they'd like to see another striker come in the door.

"That's something that hopefully will be done before the window shuts.

"If it doesn't (happen), like anything in life, we're going to have to get on with it with what we've got.

"We've still got a very good team with Remy on top of it."

Meanwhile, Magpies youngster Bradden Inman has joined Crewe Alexandra on a three-year deal.

The 21-year-old midfielder rejected a contract extension at Newcastle but the Magpies, owed compensation due to his age, rejected Crewe's first three offers.

Haris Vuckic is also training with Bradford City with the view to joining the League One side on loan.

Newcastle United fans will be able to watch Gateshead home games for reduced prices this season.

The two clubs have agreed a partnership which gives all adult Newcastle members the chance to take advantage of a discount of £5.

Adults will be able to watch the Conference club for £9 a game, with under-16s already paying just £2 when with an adult.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10626826.Pardew_remains_hopeful_on_signings/

Guest icemanblue

What else is he going to say, like? 'We're fucked if we don't get anyone in, like. The fuck am I meant to do with this lot? They're shit, man.'

What else is he going to say, like? 'We're f***ed if we don't get anyone in, like. The f*** am I meant to do with this lot? They're s***, man.'

[move] :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:[/move]