Alan Pardew

Mike

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7959/ny7h.png

This covers the period from after the end of the accounting year (31/6/12) to the date the accounts were signed off (6/2/13), which actually covers all the players signed in the Summer of 2012 and in January this year. So the following players cost a total of £27.3m (including agents fees):

Summer 2012: Amalfitano, Bigirimana, Good, Anita

Jan 2013: Debuchy, Yanga-Mbwia, Gouffran, Haidara, Sissoko, Mbabu

From values taken from transferleague.co.uk (they seem accurate from what I can recall)

Debuchy £5.5m

Yanga-Mbiwa £6.7m

Haidara £2m

Sissoko £2.5m

Gouffran £1.2m

Total of £17.9m and we also sold Ba for £7m...

Where did he even get £30m from? Why don't journos pull him up on his figures? f***ing hate Pardew.

We always add the cost of the wages to the fee since this regime came in. Although they seem to forget that matchday income probably covers a fair bit of that.

And also conveniently ignore the wages of players that leave in their calculations

That's what pisses me off, that they only do the maths one way. Such a con.

But even without that: £30m my arse, that's nothing but an outright, massive, lie. Must think we all spend every day drinking like Kinnear if he reckons that's believable.

It's as though this thread copies and pastes itself every dozen pages or so, but like the two chimps above him the mong is still here.

Can't be arsed reading about Pardew any more, tbh. Same shit different season.

I'm considering being offended by that quote. I know all managers talk about overdrafts, so that's fine. Can I enquire as the tone of voice in which the words were spoken? Then I can make an informed decision,

Just shut up and be offended. What kind of Newcastle fan are you?

I'm considering being offended by that quote. I know all managers talk about overdrafts, so that's fine. Can I enquire as the tone of voice in which the words were spoken? Then I can make an informed decision,

:lol: Pardew talks a lot of waffle and we really shouldn't hold anything he says up to scrutiny. That's the latest angle.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7959/ny7h.png

This covers the period from after the end of the accounting year (31/6/12) to the date the accounts were signed off (6/2/13), which actually covers all the players signed in the Summer of 2012 and in January this year. So the following players cost a total of £27.3m (including agents fees):

Summer 2012: Amalfitano, Bigirimana, Good, Anita

Jan 2013: Debuchy, Yanga-Mbwia, Gouffran, Haidara, Sissoko, Mbabu

Round it up the nearest £10m and ignore outgoings obviously. Makes you sound better. Thank you Fat Mike, you da best.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/englishfootball/barclayspremierleague/barclayspremierleaguenews/pardew-talks-of-tough-newcastle-job-S11363832899660?

"We haven't got the finances of a big team and therefore, it makes it difficult and a lot of the time, people cling to bad news when there is a lot of good news.

"Hopefully there will be some more good news coming out of it shortly."

Wonder what he means by that comment.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/football/englishfootball/barclayspremierleague/barclayspremierleaguenews/pardew-talks-of-tough-newcastle-job-S11363832899660?

"We haven't got the finances of a big team and therefore, it makes it difficult and a lot of the time, people cling to bad news when there is a lot of good news.

"Hopefully there will be some more good news coming out of it shortly."

Wonder what he means by that comment.

2 year extension to Shola's contract

Sorry, but

We haven't got the finances of a big team

I can't take that. I just can't.

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely fucked up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and fucking Norwich.

Just fuck off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

Aye, we are the 20th 'most valuable' club apparently. But to put it in perspective we are more than 10 times less valuable than Man Utd.

The problem is that in each league the success, CL qualification and money is stacked so heavily towards the top 2 or 3.

Value is quite an interesting stat to use really, not sure I fully understand what it means we 'should' be able to do.

Pardew is concerned that the negative response to the lack of summer imports may impact on his team's performances. "I hope it doesn't affect us," he said. "The fans' reaction has been the kind of reaction we have here, which is extreme. We have extreme reactions to our football club. It's so personal here. But when the fans see how we play over the next eight games – providing we keep everybody fit – I think they will feel a lot better than they did on transfer deadline day."

Well we patently won't keep everybody fucking fit, will we.

But anyway:

Aston Villa (a)

Hull (h)

Leeds (h)

Everton (a)

Cardiff (a)

Liverpool (h)

Sunderland (a)

Chelsea (h)

Aye, we are the 20th 'most valuable' club apparently. But to put it in perspective we are more than 10 times less valuable than Man Utd.

The problem is that in each league the success, CL qualification and money is stacked so heavily towards the top 2 or 3.

Value is quite an interesting stat to use really, not sure I fully understand what it means we 'should' be able to do.

What the hell are you talking about man, it's not the "nth most valuable" or however wooly you want to make it sound, we pull in the 20th most revenue in Europe.

But no, we can't compete with the superpowers that are Swansea, Norwich, Southampton or West Ham on transfer fees or wages.

Pardew is concerned that the negative response to the lack of summer imports may impact on his team's performances. "I hope it doesn't affect us," he said. "The fans' reaction has been the kind of reaction we have here, which is extreme. We have extreme reactions to our football club. It's so personal here. But when the fans see how we play over the next eight games – providing we keep everybody fit – I think they will feel a lot better than they did on transfer deadline day."

Well we patently won't keep everybody fucking fit, will we.

But anyway:

Aston Villa (a)

Hull (h)

Leeds (h)

Everton (a)

Cardiff (a)

Liverpool (h)

Sunderland (a)

Chelsea (h)

What you on about man Dave, every manager in the league acts like their whole squad will be fit for 100% of the season.

Honestly, the first second 1 or 2 players are ruled out we'll be hearing "We woz unlucky wiv injuries" AGAIN.

What the hell are you talking about man, it's not the "nth most valuable" or however wooly you want to make it sound, we pull in the 20th most revenue in Europe.

But no, we can't compete with the superpowers that are Swansea, Norwich, Southampton or West Ham on transfer fees or wages.

I was looking at a list of most valuable football clubs, apologies. Coincidentally we are currently 20th in that too.

Anyway, however you slice it it's difficult to assess how much we can afford to spend based on that isn't it? Revenue is only one part of the financial health of a business.

PS I'm not arguing we are reaching our full potential.

Sorry, but

We haven't got the finances of a big team

I can't take that. I just can't.

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely fucked up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and fucking Norwich.

Just fuck off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

We may have some of the highest crowds but we also have the cheapest tickets (not including the free ticket mackems).  In theory, Southampton could get half our crowd & make more money, same goes for a lot of clubs.  Would it be better to have more expensive tickets but have 10,000 empty seats?  Possibly the only good thing that Ashley has done in the last few years is to keep down the price of tickets.

That said, even with lower ticket prices we should still have the cash available to invest in the squad & there are absolutely no excuses for the way in which the club have acted in failing to invest.