Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Just watching Cardiff again, whipped in corners cause so much trouble, how in the hell did we just persist with floated corners for a year :(

When the ball is whipped in anything can happen, floating it in gives the defence a great chance to clear. I can't believe we have not came up with any new routines. With Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveux surely one of them could just whip them in

Watching Kamara now reviewing the game, the amount of players Cardiff get in the box shows just how defensive Pardew sets us up. He complains we dont do enough up top and completely nullifies any chance we have of doing that with his tactics.

I'm beginning to think he actually a thick idiot tbh.

Just watching Cardiff again, whipped in corners cause so much trouble, how in the hell did we just persist with floated corners for a year :(

See there's this new fangled concept out there called coaching. Some of these more modern clubs employ it, but I'm not sure it's going to catch on in all honesty.

When the ball is whipped in anything can happen, floating it in gives the defence a great chance to clear. I can't believe we have not came up with any new routines. With Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveux surely one of them could just whip them in

Watching Kamara now reviewing the game, the amount of players Cardiff get in the box shows just how defensive Pardew sets us up. He complains we dont do enough up top and completely nullifies any chance we have of doing that with his tactics.

:lol:

That's where I started my analysis of him. ;)

Just think he's out of his depth...Football tactics and preperation is light years away from when he played the game and his understanding of the fundamentals is stone age.

Guest bimpy474

See there's this new fangled concept out there called coaching. Some of these more modern clubs employ it, but I'm not sure it's going to catch on in all honesty.

Truly shows how desperately bad we are at times :(

Guest chopey

Its not just OUR corners that are poorly managed, when ever the opposition has a corner against us we put all 11 men in the box which means when it gets cleared it just comes straight back

Ashley will do what he wants whether there's 45k or 4500 there.

Not sure about that. Will make life much more difficult for him/push him closer to the door at least.

Edit: won't happen, but if we're talking about hypotheticals...

How though? Is boycotting games going to make it more likely for someone to pay for the club?

Guest bimpy474

Its not just OUR corners that are poorly managed, when ever the opposition has a corner against us we put all 11 men in the box which means when it gets cleared it just comes straight back

A lot of teams do that now though, it baffles the hell out of me. You leave someone up and if they pick the ball up, you instantly have a chance of a counter attack, or in the least taking the pressure off.

Guest bimpy474

:lol:

That's where I started my analysis of him. ;)

Just think he's out of his depth...Football tactics and preperation is light years away from when he played the game and his understanding of the fundamentals is stone age.

Out of his depth doesn't even come close tbh, he's just useless.

A lot of teams do that now though, it baffles the hell out of me. You leave someone up and if they pick the ball up, you instantly have a chance of a counter attack, or in the least taking the pressure off.

Works the other way as well...The more you leave 'up' the less they put into the box. If you leave two 'up' then teams tend to leave 3 back to mark them. All this is lost on Pards mind. For instance I'd leave Hatem and Cisse 'up'. They are more likely to cause a goal than stop one... :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

Works the other way as well...The more you leave 'up' the less they put into the box. If you leave two 'up' then teams tend to leave 3 back to mark them. All this is lost on Pards mind. For instance I'd leave Hatem and Cisse 'up'. They are more likely to cause a goal than stop one... :laugh:

Very true but tbf, it's not just Pardew, it's quite a regular thing by many teams now. And makes no sense at all.

Guest Dontooner

Any truth in the rumors on Pardew having a yearly sack-able clause in every September...

Bloody hope this is real which explains his Michael Jordan Hang time ...

Guest neesy111

Toon fan at work mentioned a rumour that he's been lined up to replace Holloway at Palace (?!).

Was in the mirror yesterday.  That would suit me entirely as it gets rid from Holloway as well from the PL.