Alan Pardew

Mike

I love that people are still sticking up for him, as if he's on our side :lol:

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the p*ss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

I don't think anyone believes that really, I certainly don't. But I do believe he would want signings in, like any manager.

Can I respond to this?

You don't think anyone believes what?

That Pardew is on our side in the sense he wants those above out the club.

This is an amazing post. :lol:

Like anybody buying Newcastle United is going to keep Alan Pardew in post for a single second. :mackems:

If they go, his job that he will do literally anything to keep is gone and he'll have to fuck off back to the third division.

As others have already said, Keegan was a man who was on our side, one of us, and he didn't want to be part of taking the p*ss out of the fans. Pardew willingly signed up to talk us into continuing to hand over the cash. Bollocks to him.

I don't think anyone believes that really, I certainly don't. But I do believe he would want signings in, like any manager.

Can I respond to this?

Like anybody buying Newcastle United is going to keep Alan Pardew in post for a single second. :mackems:

The minute NUFC are sold Alan Pardew will be sold into slavery.

Can I respond to this?

If they go, his job that he will do literally anything to keep is gone and he'll have to f*** off back to the third division.

Which is why nobody believes he is actually on our side. Because he isn't, he signed up for this. Just even he probably didn't expect to be shafted this hard.

Can I respond to this?

Wow. Have to say Brett, fair play, you're totally entitled to you opinion. I thought before you were a (probably) young optimist. However, that statement is fanboyesque and bizarre. I have no idea how you draw your conclusions but i know you let don't let evidence cloud your wishful thinking.

Guest icemanblue

Can I respond to this?

Wow. Have to say Brett, fair play, you're totally entitled to you opinion. I thought before you were a (probably) young optimist. However, that statement is fanboyesque and bizarre. I have no idea how you draw your conclusions but i know you let don't let evidence cloud your wishful thinking.

Are you two reading that right?

Can I respond to this?

I have no idea what i'm being slated for now? I've been stitched up here somewhere  :lol:

Supposed statement from Pardew regarding the transfer window. Clearly not him. Note the use of 'were'.

We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130903/statement-from-alan-pardew-summer-transfer-window_2281670_3446911

That statement has got me in stitches here, I can't remember laughing as much.

Can I respond to this?

To be fair to Brett, I think I've misread it, thank God. :lol:

Can I respond to this?

To be fair to Brett, I think I've misread it, thank God. :lol:

Well that went well for you and Lotus, try again tomorrow lads  :lol:

Supposed statement from Pardew regarding the transfer window. Clearly not him. Note the use of 'were'.

We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130903/statement-from-alan-pardew-summer-transfer-window_2281670_3446911

Sounds to me like Luca Brasi and Vito Corleone made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Pardew thought he could squeeze Mike by harping on about signings so publicly. Mike soon put him right in his place.

I'm beginning to feel that the two are at logger heads for sure, which is why no one was brought in. They're not backing him. He's Llambias man, and all those stories about not wanting to pay him off, as there is no clause, might be true.

Pardew kept banging on about buying older English players, and this has never been a part of Mike's remit so why keep on about it? Something definitely wrong there.

It's like Pardew is trying to get sacked so he gets his pay off, while Mike is trying to make him quit so he doesn't get his pay off.

.com

"We are delighted to have brought Loic Remy to the club in this window and we believe he will form an exciting and effective partnership with Papiss Cisse.

"Joe has worked hard on numerous targets, particularly an additional offensive player. However some of the options that were available within our financial means were not as good as the players we already had and there is no point bringing in new players unless they can improve us and take us forward.

"We did the majority of our business in the January window, signing five excellent first team players.

"With the strong squad we have we should all approach the season in a positive, optimistic frame of mind."

Almost unique in being transfer-related comments from Alan Pardew that don't include the term "over the line", this latest release confirms that the club were never seriously chasing any targets in the last window, despite these brave words from the manager on August 23rd:

"We have to make sure we get one or two transfers over the line before deadline."

The sheer unadulterated flannel of this statement is even pronounced when one recalls Pardew's message to the fans after avoiding relegation at the end of last season:

"We're very, very lucky to have the support that we got and therefore we owe them a debt next year to make sure that we serve up a better standard of football and better quality of results.

"We showed we’ve got great players. We’ve had some performances out there which were top drawer. We know, in that (dressing) room, we’ve got 80 per cent of the team.

"We still need to make sure we get two or three recruits in there which take us forward. If we can do that, they’ll grow as well, and we’ll be much, much better next year.

"You hear managers taking about needing three players to make the perfect side – Arsene would probably say the same – but we genuinely, genuinely need a couple in that first team that complement the others."

Go and see Alpha Papa.

Guest reefatoon

Go and see Alpha Papa.

Instead of reading alan's pata