West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

Wish some would stop going on about leadership and Nolan etc etc.... Nolan really led the team by example when he couldn't give a f*ck in our relegation season.  :rolleyes:

Fair play to the lad he was fantastic in our promotion season, but he couldn't give 2 f*cks when we went down.

There are much bigger problems than leadership in this team, its just a lazy excuse which is always trotted out when things are going wrong and distract people from what the real problems are and ignore what they are.

I remember Pardew praising Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa and Sissoko for their leadership at the beginning and now suddenly its not enough.

F*ck off with the excuses, especially when they are not even close to the reality of what is wrong.

I'm expecting Colo to come back and be the king amongst men that he is but increasingly concerned about the other end. He cannot turn to Shola, surely to God.

Can't believe that he's even taking charge of this game. Damning indictment of Ashley that he hasn't fucked the incompetent prick off this week. Seems the sensible solution to relegation worries anyway, pick worse players.

Wish some would stop going on about leadership and Nolan etc etc.... Nolan really led the team by example when he couldn't give a f*ck in our relegation season.  :rolleyes:

Fair play to the lad he was fantastic in our promotion season, but he couldn't give 2 f*cks when we went down.

He'd only been here a few months when we went down tbf.

He played a massive part in this game too http://www.nufc.com/html/2008-09html/2009-05-11middlesbrough-h.html

"We've leadership but in different ways," says Pardew. "I wouldn't say Colo or Cabaye or Shola [Ameobi] are like Kevin but they are kind of our leading group and we look to them now."

"kind of" worries me there. Best of a bad bunch it seems.

As expected, my week has been rather tough (Villa's result kicked things off really...).

Sincerely hope my 3 day weekend isn't ruined by this game.

Just going to drink tomorrow. Drink myself to death, that way the result won't really bother me too much if we lose and it'll be enhanced if we get a good draw or win.

He played a massive part in this game too http://www.nufc.com/html/2008-09html/2009-05-11middlesbrough-h.html

Well yes but why is he let off the hook because he had only been there a few months and the frenchies are to blame for taking us down according to the media?

I could easily use that same excuse to back up the likes of Sissoko, fact is though our problems are a lot bigger than so called lack of leadership.

A lot of which is very well documented, just smacks of lazy journalism trotting out the same boring lines they do every time a team is in relegation trouble.

Its always leadership and lack of fight which is to blame but never the manager making moronic choices.

Well yes but why is he let off the hook because he had only been there a few months and the frenchies are to blame for taking us down according to the media?

I could easily use that same excuse to back up the likes of Sissoko, fact is though our problems are a lot bigger than so called lack of leadership.

A lot of which is very well documented, just smacks of lazy journalism trotting out the same boring lines they do every time a team is in relegation trouble.

Its always leadership and lack of fight which is to blame but never the manager making moronic choices.

The French garçons are just easy targets. Pointless going over it again as we all agree :thup:

However, any more skitting of Wor Kev and I'll find you and finish you.

Guest neesy111

Shola will start imo

If Shola starts I'm getting a taxi home.

:lol:

Don't even bother getting the taxi there. ;)

I think that's incredibly harsh on Nolan. First off, he came here half way through the relegation season and joined a squad that was all over the place and was pretty much rotten to the core, with Joe Kinnear as manager, so to be honest people like him are the last I'd blame for that mess of a season. And I really don't know where you've gotten this idea that he "couldn't give 2 f*cks" tbh because who knows what certain players were thinking at the time?

When we went down it was largely reported that Nolan was one of the players gathering the troops and telling players to either commit or leave. He was also absolutely instrumental in us getting promoted and keeping us in the Premier League the following year, he was fantastic in the two seasons following relegation.

It was also reported that Nolan was a top professional off the field as well, visiting children at schools etc and being a total gent to fans. We've had some shit captains over the years, Michael Owen being a top example, but Nolan was a fine captain for the club.

If Shola starts I'm getting a taxi home.

The piece of shit has been here for more than 2 years and starting Shola might be his idea of doing something different.  :lol:

------------Elliott------------

Simmo-Saylor-Colo-Mapou < Mapou will be fine here, he's quick and Colo will be good for him.

-------------Tiote------------ <Tell this f***er to be sitting in front of the half-way line, no venturing up. He's there to stop attacks, collect ball and give back to Midfield.

-------Cabaye--Sissoko----- < These 2 should be able to cause problems but also give us some even balance and shape. No more Sissoko playing behind Cisse

Hatem-----------------Gouff < Hatem and Gouff should basically be given license to create havoc, find space and get goals.  Would love if Marv was fit, he'd be there for me

-------------Cisse------------- < Do what you do best Papisto, get us a goal.

Hopefully this week's clearing the air, bad-press, etc has given the lads a chance to speak up and given Pardew a chance to see things clearer. No more Cabaye as some super deep lying quarterback, no more Sissoko playing the number 10, and no more Tiote the poor man's Michael Essien. Get back to basics there, let these do what they do best and lets fucking get 3 points and save this club from the absolute shit storm we've known as this season.

Kanji's line up is ideal but he'll definitely fit Jonas in there somewhere.

This week has been hell and next week will be even worse unless we win. I dont think we will. Really can't believe that its come to this :(