QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've gone the opposite way - I've been quietly confident all week and NOW I'm shitting bricks. We've shown we're capable of losing to anyone and everyone this season. We've shown that it's really easy to lose a match.

Hatem will do some damage today as long as he starts...He's just getting back to full fitness now..

According to Beardsley at a talk in on Thursday he's been on fire in training this week so hopefully you're right.

if the lads are looking for some inspiration for today, look no further than Woody and Buzz's escape from Sid in the first Toy Story. Sid symbolises the menacing figure of relegation and is looming over them. Despite their differences Woody and Buzz work together and enlist the help of other toys who had just about given up on life. The point is they forgot everything that had gone before and used teamwork to its fullest effect to not only get away from Sid (relegation) but also make it into the delivery truck using Buzz's space rocket. Hatem holds the match that can light that space rocket and propel us into the truck of survival! "This isn't flying, this is falling with style!"

I hope Pards references that somewhere in his pre-match speech.

Having won only at Aston Villa to date, United are in danger of setting an unwanted record of their fewest away victories in a Premier League season - which until now was two (in both 2003/04 and 2008/09).

And were they not to collect maximum points today, 2012/13 would become only the third season in our entire history when the Magpies failed to win more than one away game in the league (after 1967/68 and 1893/94).

Win-free Zone - PL closing away games:

2011/12 lost 1-3 at Everton

2010/11 drew 2-2 at Chelsea

2008/09 lost 0-1 at Aston Villa

2007/08 lost 1-3 at Everton

2006/07 drew 1-1 at Watford

2005/06 drew 0-0 at Birmingham

2004/05 lost 0-2 at Everton

2003/04 drew 1-1 at Liverpool

2002/03 drew 2-2 at West Bromwich Albion

2001/02 lost 1-3 at Southampton

2000/01 lost 0-3 at Liverpool

1999/00 drew 0-0 at Derby

1998/99 lost 0-2 at Leicester

1997/98 lost 0-1 at Blackburn

1996/97 drew 0-0 at Manchester United

1995/96 drew 1-1 at Forest

1994/95 lost 0-1 at Blackburn

1993/94 lost 0-2 at Sheffield United

(A 3-0 win at Spurs in 1976 remains the last time we won our closing top-flight away game of the season)

I would say our season has been the Audley Harrison vs David Haye fight.

We have gone in with no game plan other than to try and not lose, we haven't thrown a single punch, have been soundly beaten and looked like a bunch of clowns.

I would say our season has been the Audley Harrison vs David Haye fight.

We have gone in with no game plan other than to try and not lose, we haven't thrown a single punch, have been soundly beaten and looked like a bunch of clowns.

what a terrible analogy. It's Toy Story I tell you. Toy Story.