Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TheGreatBeardo

I think they need a former player there, someone who has learned from Ferguson, someone who can do for them what Souness did for Liverpool. Roy Keane would be ideal. Please let it be Roy Keane. Steve Bruce would do too.

I'd love to see this lot join the managerial rollercoaster for a few years like the rest of us.

Oh they will, even if Mourinho goes there he will be off in a couple of years.

Dom ‏@ichlugebullets 11m

Thatcher dead, Fergie retiring: I guess the fans were right, it truly is Liverpool's year.

:lol:

Guest Nikos34

This rumour sounds far too good to be true to me! It better be mind. Shame they couldn't have turned shite before he decided to retire though.

Undoubtedly a good manager but I never saw him do a rescue job or achieve anything on a shoestring budget. His success seemed to coincide with the sudden influx of Sky TV money and not to mention that gifted generation of academy players that were thrust upon him.

With all the success and luck Fergie has had he could have conducted himself in a more dignified and mature manner on more than one occasion.

I heard Pardew was lined up to have an interview there but as he got into his car to go to OT he couldn't manage to get it to go forward. [/LAMEJOKE]

Well there's a good night of cheer and joy ruined.  :huff:

Meh fergie is trolling yet again.. "Tell me you love me and want me to stay". He has done it before and he has done it again.

On a side note would be hilarious to see Jose shaft roman and take fergies place.

I'd love to see this lot join the managerial rollercoaster for a few years like the rest of us.

This is why I don't think ManU would appoint him. He's a mercenary...he'd get bored within a few seasons and be off somewhere else.

This is why I don't think ManU would appoint him. He's a mercenary, get bored within a few seasons and be off somewhere else.

I don't think he's a mercenary particularly, more that he only cares about himself and manages a team to build his legacy rather than build the club up and his style of management isn't suited to long term employment and i think he knows.

He's the guy you get if you want instant success but if you want something more long term with an emphasis on youth development then he's not really the man.

This is why I don't think ManU would appoint him. He's a mercenary, get bored within a few seasons and be off somewhere else.

I don't think he's a mercenary particularly, more that he only cares about himself and manages a team to build his legacy rather than build the club up and his style of management isn't suited to long term employment and i think he knows.

:lol: Pretty typical character trait of a mercenary...

Agree  :lol: i took that as you saying he only cares about money, my bad. :thup:

Nah, we're on the same page. I think ManU will look to hire someone long-term, which Mourinho certainly wouldn't be.