Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope he's not ill and it's his choice. He has to do it sometime, and I guess lessons learned from announcing it at the start of the season, but the timing is a bit strange to me, unless their last game is away and they want OT to give a big send off at the weekend.

Edit: aye it is, swansea at home then WBA away. Guess the timing does fit.

He's not getting any younger and also has that hip operation in the summer. I think he knows the league will be a lot tougher to win now, with City sure to improve further in the summer and Chelsea to possibly get Mourinho. Ferguson would definitely want to retire with some kind of success and winning the title back from City is a good one to retire on.

Rest assured, it's absolutely nothing to do with how difficult winning the league is. Without annoying any of you, this is Alex Feruson we're talking about here. When we lost the league last year it just spurred him and the entire team on and we came back and won it with absolute ease. City and Chelsea may well improve next year, so will we.

It's the operation and his impending health that is the number one factor.

Remembered that time he announced he was leaving at the end of the season?

In 2001-2002. :lol:

Guy will never retire, if he does leave Man U he'll probably somehow end up wrestling in TNA next season.

Remembered that time he announced he was leaving at the end of the season?

In 2001-2002. :lol:

Guy will never retire, if he does leave Man U he'll probably somehow end up wrestling in TNA next season.

Storyline with Hogan passing the torch onto this new young whippersnapper in the making.

Rest assured, it's absolutely nothing to do with how difficult winning the league is. Without annoying any of you, this is Alex Feruson we're talking about here. When we lost the league last year it just spurred him and the entire team on and we came back and won it with absolute ease. City and Chelsea may well improve next year, so will we.

What's up with him health wise?

Daily Mirror are saying that Wayne Rooney could be joining Bayern for £30m.

On the surface, this was just a random Tuesday night ;D What the hell is going on?!?!?

No way anyone's paying that much for Rooney. Especially outside of England.

Agree. Only health issues will make him stop managing. The hip surgery at his advanced age could well be decisive in forcing him calling it a day.

I always thought he was going to keep going till he died on the job, guess the operation he's got has brought home his health is deteriorating or something and he's decided to end on them winning the league.

Wanker at times but bloody hell we won't see the like again

I really hope he's not, but I really think he is. The operation is in August as well, right before the new season. He's not going to be fit to walk never mind manage a football team.

Daily Mirror are saying that Wayne Rooney could be joining Bayern for £30m.

On the surface, this was just a random Tuesday night ;D What the hell is going on?!?!?

No way anyone's paying that much for Rooney. Especially outside of England.

Then nobody is going to be signing Rooney. He's worth a hell of a lot more than that to us.

Find no real joy in him retiring. He built the most impressive footballing dynasty the world has ever seen. Absolute beast with a record that we'll never ever see again.

Nothing but respect for him. He's fought down whatever has been thrown at him.

On the other hand, this might be the beginning of the end at Manchester United. I still rather see them win it than the likes of City or Chelsea.

Good riddance. The man is a cancer to the english game. His constant bullying of officials and feeling him and his club are above everything throughout the years. I hope this is the beginning of the end for Man Utd, no one deserves to experiance it more than them.

Fuck off Fergie.

From an outsiders point of view, if Moyes goes to Man United I'd be really worried as to what direction they'd (Everton) go. He seems to know how to run that club perfectly, I wonder if someone could come in and do the same job. I could be way off like.

Find no real joy in him retiring. He built the most impressive footballing dynasty the world has ever seen. Absolute beast with a record that we'll never ever see again.

Nothing but respect for him. He's fought down whatever has been thrown at him.

On the other hand, this might be the beginning of the end at Manchester United. I still rather see them win it than the likes of City or Chelsea.

:nods:

Shame, but it's best to go out on a high. Hope after his retirement he does find ways to keep himself occupied, going to have a hell of a lot of spare time on his hands.

Possibility of him mentoring the new manager for a short spell, help to bed them in? Such a big job to take on. Unless it's Mourinho.

They weren't to you either. :lol: I get a chuckle out of the hatred Sir Alex has installed in a lot of people simply because of his must win attitude.

His success is phenomenal. Anyone who doesn't respect what he has done for the club has problems.

Despise Man U because of Fergy but by god he is some manager.

No manager can replace him, not even Mourinho. It will be the end of their 25 year reign.