Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting...

A legend of the game but I won't be sorry to see the back of him. He seems to have become increasingly irritating over the course of this season in-particular.

You weren't around in 1996 then?

Out of the blue :kasper:

Considering he's been manager longer than my life, I just can't imagine football without Fergie there. It'll never feel right.

Bet Chelsea thought they had Mourinho too ;D

I can see them going for Mourinho.

He'd be only person able to take the histrionics, needless gamesmanship and unprofessional side up a level.

Might be that Mourinho has made it known that he'd take the Man United job if it was available, otherwise he's off back to Chelsea.

Interesting...

A legend of the game but I won't be sorry to see the back of him. He seems to have become increasingly irritating over the course of this season in-particular.

You weren't around in 1996 then?

He's always been irritating - just this season he seems to have got my goat more than others. His treatment of officials during matches is disgraceful at times, imo.

I can see them going for Mourinho.

He'd be only person able to take the histrionics, needless gamesmanship and unprofessional side up a level.

Might be that Mourinho has made it known that he'd take the Man United job if it was available, otherwise he's off back to Chelsea.

Wouldn't be surprised. In many aspects it's the perfect match.

Perfect timing if so. He won't do better than this next year.

Anyone else and I would agree but that must have been said about Ferguson more times than a Mega-Giggs.

Considering he's been manager longer than my life, I just can't imagine football without Fergie there. It'll never feel right.

I was on the Holte End on Boxing Day 1989, when we took Man United apart.

We were singing "Fergie on the dole", and I recall the Sun the next day had the same thing across its back page.

Oh how wrong we were.

Ironically, when we were neck and neck with them for the title the first time he won them it (92-3), it was the continued presence of Ferguson, and therefore the birth of "Fergie Time" which saw them win the league as they got a full SEVEN FUCKING MINUTES of injury time against Sheffield Wednesday and Steve Bruce scored twice.

That was the single most gutting day of my football life.

Just thinking about it now, i feel genuinely sick.

I was on the Holte End on Boxing Day 1989, when we took Man United apart.

We were singing "Fergie on the dole", and I recall the Sun the next day had the same thing across its back page.

Oh how wrong we were.

Ironically, when we were neck and neck with them for the title the first time he won them it (92-3), it was the continued presence of Ferguson, and therefore the birth of "Fergie Time" which saw them win the league as they got a full SEVEN f***ing MINUTES of injury time against Sheffield Wednesday and Steve Bruce scored twice.

That was the single most gutting day of my football life.

Just thinking about it now, i feel genuinely sick.

Eurgh that must have been awful. Did they need to win to win the league?

Guest Craig-NUFC

Mourinho will manage to ruin everything Fergie has done within 3 years of getting the job.