Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm just enjoying the fact that they aren't invincible any more.

I think three things are happening basically. The Fergie factor gone, their squad isn't actually that good, and the mindset of their opponents has changed.

In past seasons teams would show up at Old Trafford already beaten before a ball was kicked. Now they believe they can take the game to Man Utd. Never good to have every opponent turning up looking to humiliate you.

In my opinion I don't give a shit what others fans think our perception of them we have. From what I have seen the majority of other clubs fans go along with the 'stupid Geordie's are deluded to think they are the best team in the world. Will love anyone who manages their club "King whoever", will love the number 9 as the worlds greatest striker. Would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0' typical media bullshit.

I think the vast majority of Man Utd fans are plastic wankers, I think Liverpool fans have the same level of delusion as Phil Thompson. I think Arsenal fans feel they are harshly hard done by and deserve every decision to go their way and deserve success. I think the majority of Boro fans are violent thugs (going by encounters with them). I think Chelsea fans are becoming plastic like Man Utd, and Man City in time will go the same way (thought I think both clubs still have a true loyal following).

Apart from that I don't have any generally feeling about other clubs fans, I don't even think Sunderland fans are brainless idiots as RTG members would imply otherwise.

You've got a real victim complex in everything you post, it's a similar thing with Phil K.

Not really. I'm just going by other fans I have met and what other fans write about us on forums etc.

Like I said mostly I don't have any ill feelings towards other fans of other clubs, all the ones I have expressed are ones that the majority of people would agree with.

I just generally don't give shit about what other fans think of us and what they think we think of them because what they think is different to what is true and they are never going to realise that. It's better to just not give a shit.

Clearly.

Again to go back to my experience of working in central London - I know Palace fans, I know Arsenal fans, I know Norwich fans, I know fans of whatever club you'd care to mention and I don't think it's all due to the fact that I get on well with people that they generally have nowt but good things to say about us as a fanbase and a football club.  People like yourself get sucked in by the London media you're always slagging off, most real football people down here know what the craic is.

Read what I said again, the key words are are "from my experience to speaking to fans of others clubs and visiting message boards".

All I'm doing is saying what I've experienced which for the most part isn't good, that doesn't give me a victim complex, the same as you are describing good experiences doesn't make you deluded. It means we are both telling it as we both experience and see it and clearly we both have vastly different experiences.

Still think they'll finish top four. Arsenal have history in recent years of fizzing out so maybe they'll be up there to win the title also. Still a hell of a lot of football to be played. Just like the Sunderland thread, I think a few are blowing their loads prematurely.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love it (Keegan-esque) if these just imploded and became a average team again. Cheered rather loudly at Southamptons equaliser yesterday.

So many Manc accents.

Cockney mancs lmfao ,the older Patrick Stewart wannabe probably wanted Fergie to go .tell you what they have had it so good for so long its time for a reality check as the Glazers will not bankroll them like there neighbours do and the rest of the pack chasing the top places in our division.

A lot of you sound bitter as hell.

Yip :thup:

What are people supposed to say then? The we hope Moyes turns it around and they win the league?

I've suffered years and years of abuse from these smug cunts (there are tons here), dismissing me as some sort of footballing retard. "Why don't you support a REAL team?"

Just fuck off.

The sooner they collapse the better IMO :thup:

What are people supposed to say then? The we hope Moyes turns it around and they win the league?

No, but I think that the people laughing at Man Utd, are perhaps ignoring the fact that Man Utd fans can laugh longer and harder at us and our complete failure over the last 50 odd years.

No, but I think that the people laughing at Man Utd, are perhaps ignoring the fact that Man Utd fans can laugh longer and harder at us and our complete failure over the last 50 odd years.

This attitude really annoys me.

Boo hoo they are better than us so we can't laugh, it's the same as the "won't laugh at Sunderland until we have played them" thing. I take it no-one can ever take joy in any misfortunate Man Utd have because they are the most successful team in the league? Fuck sake :lol:

If that was the way forward, the only team we'd be able to laugh at in the whole country is fucking Middlesbrough :lol: Even they have won more trophies than us in the last 50 years.

Guest Howaythetoon

The thinking behind Moyes' appointment was the right one in that they wanted someone a bit like Fergie who could grow into the job and build a new dynasty if you like.

The likes of Mourinho et al would have given them 3 years at best and while they would have brought trophies, Fergie turned that club into more than about winning trophies. Man Utd is all about continuity, stability and building a framework to success.

It was a very brave appointment, but it stands little chance of succeeding because Moyes simply isn't good enough at the moment to build a title winning team, to put in place that framework, not even with Man Utd's resources, prestige etc.

It could take him years and in the fickle nature of this game, he won't get those years. Football is far too competitive and far too money orientated now to give a manager 3-5 years to build something special like Fergie did and Wenger has done at Arsenal.

If they do that the others will leave them behind and so too will a huge number of those glory hunters who have helped make Man Utd so successful commercially.

Its only the carpet football and regular CL football that has kept Wenger in his job but unlike Moyes, he has a proven record of winning trophies, so he is afforded the benefit of the doubt by the club owners and majority of fans and the media too.

Chelsea, Man City etc. will always go through more managers than most clubs but they will keep winning trophies because they will keep appointing top managers. If one top manager fails they'll bring another in and because of this and their resources, they will always win things. If not one season, the next.

In a way, as a football fan I'm quite interested in how this all pans out for Moyes because I like him and our game needs one of our own homegrown managers if you like who started out at lowly Preston to make it big in the game.

Lets not forget, our own Sir Bobby started out at a then lowly Fulham. He went onto manage Barcelona and win trophies galore all over Europe.

As a Toon fan though, I'd love nothing better than to see Man Utd struggle and to not win things.

Sadly, with or without Moyes, they are far too big to go trophy-less for long periods.

By the way, I have never begrudged Man Utd their success. They have deserved every success they have had because they have done it the right and proper way. They are for me, the biggest football club in the world and the one club that has shown all others, how to do it and the way to do it.

It does rankle, however, that in 1995 we were pretty much even as clubs outside of our respective honours lists and of course, number of seats at our respective grounds. Commercially we were neck and neck. In many ways we were ahead even, because they were a PLC back then. Even Fergie lamented their inability to compete with us in the wake of signing Shearer.

But they had the one thing we didn't have after KK and for a while under Sir Bobby, a f***ing great manager and that's the most important thing in football. Not your players, not your commercial revenue, not how many seats your stadium holds, its all about the manager.

Hire the wrong one and... Souness anyone? Hire the right one though and the sky is the limit.

Man Utd have the wrong manager in Moyes.