Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ferguson's a prick, no class at all. To be fair though he won a trophy or two.

His obvious love of Sir Bobby and his tribute to him at the time of his passing tells me different.

I'm on about Fergies bullshit with his infamous "mind games". Mind games my arse he used and manipulated the league, it's referees and the media to get preferential treatment for his club. Moyes has already started it with his bitching and MUFCs early season schedule, like i said no class.

5th May:

The Manchester United boss, toasting the club’s 20th title at his weekly media gathering, prepared to welcome Lampard to Old Trafford today with a confession.

He revealed: “Lampard is fantastic, unbelievable. I don’t think there’s a midfielder who will ever do 200 goals again. It’s phenomenal. We looked at him at West Ham when he was young. I think you now regret not doing it. Where else could I get 200 goals?

Saying Ferguson is out of order for laying into the players that won him s***, basically.

Good point from Keane. :thup:

whereas in his book where he laid into Mick McCarthy the FAI and anyone who pissed him off its all ok from Keanes point of view.

Saying Ferguson is out of order for laying into the players that won him s***, basically.

Good point from Keane. :thup:

whereas in his book where he laid into Mick McCarthy the FAI and anyone who p*ssed him off its all ok from Keanes point of view.

I know nothing about these books and I don't really understand why people do these autobiographys. They don't need the money and there will always be people who get hurt. Can't see myself writing any books if I was a famous footballer.

Guest elbee909

Lee Dixon:  "I don't understand why you have to go and say things that go on in the dressing room"

Because if you don't, Lee, it would be fucking boring and no-one would buy it.

Yeah, he needs the money does Ferguson.

On Steven Gerrard

I am one of the few who felt Gerrard was not a top, top player. When Scholes and Keane were in our team, Gerrard seldom had a kick against us.

He's right about that like. Same when Gerrard played against Vieira he always had the better of him too. (Before anyone says it Gerrard was quiet in the 2001 Cup Final that Owen won for them)

Gerrard and Lampard are some of the most effective players ever. Also brilliant in clutch moments. However, they would not generally outplay other players of that elite calibre. They wouldn't need too if they scored the winning goal or provided the key assist. However, for England the fact they can't outplay other players of that level becomes a much bigger issue.

On Steven Gerrard

I am one of the few who felt Gerrard was not a top, top player. When Scholes and Keane were in our team, Gerrard seldom had a kick against us.

He's right about that like. Same when Gerrard played against Vieira he always had the better of him too. (Before anyone says it Gerrard was quiet in the 2001 Cup Final that Owen won for them)

It's unfair to judge it based on those games, because Keane and Scholes and Vieira were all completely matured and in and around their peak years...whereas Gerrard was 20-23 years of age. Gerrard's footballing peak came at 2005 and ended in 2009 during which (Scholes aside) the other 2 were retired/had left PL. Gerrard also did very well against Keane/Scholes in League Cup final 2003 when we beat them 2-0 with Gerrard scoring one.

Remember one game think at Anfield (think it was the year Rooney signed - they were playing in a black strip) and Keane was pretty much finished and just sat in front of the back four and Gerrard never got a kick.

Rooney scored the winner as well I believe.