Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laudrup has Europe and a good situation at Swansea. He's only another good season away from Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs type jobs in England let alone Madrid et al.

I do think he enjoys management. Enjoy being the main thing. Don't think he wants all the stress or glory of a bigger club. Not sure he's ibe fir the long-term. He likes a move doesn't he?

Good bit of sensible business by Manure imo.

Long term planning.

No way can he match the unparalelled success of Ferguson....(can he!). But barring that I see more continued trophies for them, one/two every second year type of thing, rather than the trophy fest they've had.

Other short term managers (Mourinho et al) would have brough them same success , probably, but this avoids having to chop and change every 24-36 months.

Everton: Martinez seems obvious. Wigan going down...we hope, so seems natural timing for him to move. has shown he can operate in relatively restricted financial terms, which seems to be Evertons plans too: sensible outlay to provide realistic chance of top 5-6.

Laudrup could be good shout, just not sure he wont go somewhere "bigger" if he leaves our beloved friends at Swansea.

helping to make next season a darn sight more interesting all this anyway...just hope we are around to participate...and with a new manager too.

6 years does show commitment and confidence from Man U like. Moyes knows he will be given time to grow into to his job and that can only help considering the massive fan and media attention/pressure on him.

I think he's a good manager and could very well prove himself, but 6 years seems like a risky move to me on someone that's unproven at this level. Could be a very smart move like.

Fair play to Man Utd for taking a risk.

I don't think its a risk at all personally, he has been ear marked because of similar ethos in style, tactics and youth development to keep the stability going.

Its about as risk-less appointment as they possible could have done but i know exactly why they did it and it makes sense tbh. 

Good bit of sensible business by Manure imo.

Long term planning.

No way can he match the unparalelled success of Ferguson....(can he!). But barring that I see more continued trophies for them, one/two every second year type of thing, rather than the trophy fest they've had.

Other short term managers (Mourinho et al) would have brough them same success , probably, but this avoids having to chop and change every 24-36 months.

Completely agree, they have chosen someone who will continue rather than threaten the character of the club. Can only be a good thing as long as they're prepared to accept his learning period.

I don't think its a risk at all personally, he has been ear marked because of similar ethos in style, tactics and youth development to keep the stability going.

Its about as risk-less appointment as they possible could have done but i know exactly why they did it and it makes sense tbh. 

Sorry risk was probably the wrong word, it just could have been easy for them to go out there and try and pick a bigger name. Yet they haven't went down that route and have decided to 'take a chance' on somebody that fits in with the clubs ideals.

Feel a bit sorry for the Everton fans, but they were probably resigned to him leaving this summer anyway.  Personally I think he's earned his shot at the big team but just feel that taking over straight after Taggart is going to be the cliche' poisioned chalice.

Anyway, Neil, 1878 and any other Everton lads out there, I hope to that your board take their time and don't make any mental decisions (Mark Hughes for example).

Sorry risk was probably the wrong word, it just could have been easy for them to go out there and try and pick a bigger name. Yet they haven't went down that route and have decided to 'take a chance' on somebody that fits in with the clubs ideals.

Totally agree. I'm a fan of it.

Mourinho/whoever might have had that ST impact but Moyes will do alright long term I reckon.

Guest icemanblue

Totally agree. I'm a fan of it.

Mourinho/whoever might have had that ST impact but Moyes will do alright long term I reckon.

It's minimal disruption to the setup there. A 'big name' would have brought their own backroom staff as well as there own 'way' of doing things. Moyes can come in, maintain the consistency throughout the club and add to it where necessary. Ferguson will always have a huge influence over what they do in the future, so they needed someone who could come in and work within those constraints. It's Ferguson's choice at the end of the day.

Just wish we'd done the same with Bobby.