Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Fwiw, he's popular among the Jaguars fanbase. Big sports fan, highly invested in his team (even though they're awful). Should be good news for Fulham.

He wanted to buy (bless him) the St. Louis Rams before he moved on to the Jaguars, and he came across very well in the interviews and media blather surrounding that. Seemed very smart, humble and well-intentioned. Unfortunately, Stan Kroenke was already part-owner and had a right of first refusal to buy the team which he exercised. People in St. Louis were disappointed as they would have rather had Khan.

Fwiw, he's popular among the Jaguars fanbase. Big sports fan, highly invested in his team (even though they're awful). Should be good news for Fulham.

He wanted to buy (bless him) the St. Louis Rams before he moved on to the Jaguars, and he came across very well in the interviews and media blather surrounding that. Seemed very smart, humble and well-intentioned. Unfortunately, Stan Kroenke was already part-owner and had a right of first refusal to buy the team which he exercised. People in St. Louis were disappointed as they would have rather had Khan.

al-Fayed paying homage to the new owner. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/Hgp6sn4.jpg

Apparently the MJ statue will stay up as part of the deal :anguish:

You have no idea what would be a "good price" for Fulham FC. Sorry.

Care to explain?

Considering Fulham's revenue in the next 12 months is likely to between 50% and 75% of what this guy has paid for the club then I think he has got an excellent deal.

well it's probably slightly more complicated than that, but of course for the price paid and the huge tv income coming in does seem smart move. Fulham's squad pretty old mind and I think they do rather need some investment into it to maintain it's position, they were sliding a lot second half of last season, so costs of bringing players in needs to be added to that.

Watching the Colombian championship final, literally every 20 seconds there's a commercial. This is in-play advertising like, some images come up on screen and the sound of the stadium and commentators is muted and you have some cunt yelling at you about a sale in the Colombiam equivalent of Tesco.

Fucking unwatchable.

Any fears this will happen on TV in Britain in the coming years?

Watching the Colombian championship final, literally every 20 seconds there's a commercial. This is in-play advertising like, some images come up on screen and the sound of the stadium and commentators is muted and you have some cunt yelling at you about a sale in the Colombiam equivalent of Tesco.

Fucking unwatchable.

Adverts have got gradually worse over the years, when I was little it was 3 minutes of adverts every 15 minutes, now it's about 5 minutes of adverts plus 3 minutes of network adverts and they can happen more often than 15 minutes. The BBC are getting really bad for their own network adverts in between programmes.

I think OFCOM will keep it away from being as bad as in America (in some cases they have adverts in-between the last scene's of a TV show and the credits then yet more adverts) but I do think it will get a little worse. Most adverts seem to be heading towards product placement though, their is little point in adverts now since people have Tivo and Sky+ type systems now. Though I do suspect that in future they will code the adverts so you can't skip them.

Guest neesy111

Fucking unwatchable.

I'm not sure but their might be regulations around this in the UK.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/15/article-2364653-1AD4A17C000005DC-563_634x438.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/15/article-2364653-1AB0001C000005DC-413_634x389.jpg

:lol:

£77 to watch West Ham

Non-season ticket holding West Ham fans could be asked to pay almost £1 per minute for the best seats in the house at the Boleyn Ground next season.

Earlier today West Ham United released details of the new Category A+ ticket prices, which are being introduced for matches against the Premier League's most successful teams.

And in order to watch the home matches against those clubs which may be declared Category A+ - namely the two Manchester teams and Liverpool plus London clubs Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham - Band 1 tickets for non-member, non-season ticket holders will be a wallet-busting £77.

Whilst members pay a fiver less (£72) for Cat A+ tickets, the cheapest on sale (Band 4) are £57 for non-club members and £52 for members. Meanwhile, Under 16s will be asked to find £43 should they wish to sit in Band 1 seats.

Enough to make you sick.

For £30 more you could get a season ticket at the Allianz Arena.  English football is a disgrace.