Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I reckon charging some away fans twice what you charge others (or the home fans) is a massive can of worms.

Agree 100% regarding TV money vs ticket prices.

Hoeness is a tax-dodging crook, but he was right about ticket prices:

Explaining his decision to keep season tickets at Bayern lower than their counterparts across Europe, Hoeness said: "We could charge more than €130 (£104). Let's say we charged €380 (£300). We'd get €2.5m (£2m) more in income, but what's €2.5m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans."

"We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

"That's the biggest difference between us and England."

He's also been very up front about charging an arm and a leg for corporate boxes to subsidise normal fans' tickets.

I like the crux of his argument, but didn't someone point out that he was playing a bit fast and loose with the maths?

yeah, that's only the price of the cheapest possible season ticket, in a relatively small section of the stadium iirc.

Yup, those are the prices for the cheapest tickets in the stands in the ends (which is where I'd want to be in any case). Still, the £300 he compares it to is about right for the Prem (possibly too low) for a similar ticket. You have to bear in mind that those are standing tickets in the Bundesliga vs seated in the Prem.

Here are all Bayern's prices. Even the priciest tickets are ~£600, which is lower than a few English clubs' cheapest tickets.

Looking at Bundesliga season ticket prices vs Prem ones, with a few outliers, they seem to be £300-400 cheaper across the board (cheapest to most expensive) rather than, say, 1/3 of the price.

QPR and Chelsea are the biggest rip-off merchants in London with tickets.

Chelsea I understand, being the successful club that they are. Dunno where QPR gets off, particularly as they play in the shithole (by all accounts) that is Loftus Road.

Chelsea I understand, being the successful club that they are. Dunno where QPR gets off, particularly as they play in the shithole (by all accounts) that is Loftus Road.

West Ham are very expensive as well - £42 last season.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/17/article-2310401-00918EAC00000259-603_634x406.jpg

dat concrete.

Change the blue to red and would look just like my old school. That was a shitehole as well

http://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/mobile/media/image/n/r/caldervale_high.jpg?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/17/article-2310401-00918EAC00000259-603_634x406.jpg

dat concrete.

Didn't we knock down something similar in Killingworth a few years ago?

Guest firetotheworks

dat concrete.

Didn't we knock down something similar in Killingworth a few years ago?

Merz and McClellan's looked nothing like that at all. Both are/were eyesores though.

Guest bimpy474

How can millions be directed out of Blackpool FC to the owners other interests and it not be illegal. Something very wrong there.