Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't buy this tough crowd thing at all, winning a throw-in is greeted by huge cheers FFS. KK said getting NUFC fans onside is the easiest job in the world, go out there and put a shift in and that's it. Put a shift in and excite the crowd and they become the 12th and 13th man and win you games alone with their noise and passion. His words not mine! Players who cannot handle a large crowd have no business playing the game. Fair enough if a player is constantly getting dogs abuse which can happen and has happened, but at Newcastle I look back at some of the utter shit that has played for us and got away with murder so to speak.

Not sure i entirely agree on his point with Wijnaldum either. He's had some brilliant games for us but when things have turned sour or we are really struggling, he's been one of the first to into hiding and hasn't stood tall like Jenas has suggested. His game against Leicester was one of the most anonymous displays you're likely to see from a central midfielder.

No doubt when he is involved in the game he's got the ability to make a huge impact and he's been a revelation for us when on song.

Guest neesy111

Not sure i entirely agree on his point with Wijnaldum either. He's had some brilliant games for us but when things have turned sour or we are really struggling, he's been one of the first to into hiding and hasn't stood tall like Jenas has suggested. His game against Leicester was one of the most anonymous displays you're likely to see from a central midfielder.

No doubt when he is involved in the game he's got the ability to make a huge impact and he's been a revelation for us when on song.

Was similar v Bournemouth.

I don't buy this tough crowd thing at all, winning a throw-in is greeted by huge cheers FFS. KK said getting NUFC fans onside is the easiest job in the world, go out there and put a shift in and that's it. Put a shift in and excite the crowd and they become the 12th and 13th man and win you games alone with their noise and passion. His words not mine! Players who cannot handle a large crowd have no business playing the game. Fair enough if a player is constantly getting dogs abuse which can happen and has happened, but at Newcastle I look back at some of the utter s*** that has played for us and got away with murder so to speak.

There were fans who booed Robert off the pitch and Viana on when we still had a good chance of finishing 4th in our last home game of the season. This in a season where Robert got 12 goals helping us into that position and into the UEFA Cup Semi-Final in the first place. We have a large section of arseholes (like all clubs) tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Agree with Jenas tbh, our crowd are a fucking joke at times. A lot of them just follow what their mates are doing, believe in stereotypes about players (getting stuck in/fancy dans etc) boo ex-players by default (Milner springs to mind) and think that supporting the club is going no matter what. There's a stereotype of certain SJP goers that I have in my mind and it's really not that unfair a one imo, I've met plenty of examples in real life and online.

If you're a wideman and don't win games single handedly all the time, you're shit.

If you're a wideman and French, you're lazy.

If you're a tryhard English who is when it comes down to it shite to middling, you'll be let off.

If you're a forrin non-try hard, you're a puff.

If you're a tryhard English who is when it comes down to it s**** to middling, you'll be let off.

This isn't true. Parker & Milner had the crowds on their back for a lack of ability, creative flair and they worked their socks off. Until Ashley came and made people believe we where total shit and lucky to be in the division the SJP crowd was very rough. Players that tried hard and didn't hide but didn't have great ability on the ball often got some stick. Looking backing they would be better served doing a Jenas (hiding, not take responsibility) or a Dyer (feign injury). Actually, it's best to hide and somehow work hard ala Colback