Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

He was limited like, and slow as fuck, I just always remember him being fairly tricky. Maybe it's just my shit memory as I haven't watched the season DVDs like.

Eh, he wasn't that slow. Not the fastest winger (wingers are often very fast), of course, but one of the hardest working, and moderately pacy. One of the things I noted when he played with Owen and Viduka (and Ameobi) was that his celebrated "dummy to cross, cut in side, dummy to cross, cut back outside" was needed while waiting for the strikers to arrive in the area. He was a good player for us, extremely dependable, just not exceptional in anything except perhaps stamina.

Personally, I think he was one of the most underrated players on this board. Of course, he was also very unexciting, except when he cut inside and launched a shot that made you wonder why he didn't do that all the fucking time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't his crosses also delayed because he was a right footed player playing on the left wing. If he was played on the right, it'd be easier to get a first time cross in.

Always felt it was Duff who messed our winger's chances up. N'Zogbia had to go to left back because of him.

Guest Howaythetoon

When we signed Milner he was regarded as one of the best young English players in the game, we should have loaned him straight back to Leeds. He is a decent player, but nowt special. Above average basically.

Guest firetotheworks

Ironic considering football is sold as entertainment by the company that he works for. If it was all about winning, everyone would still be talking about that Greece side that won the euros and everyone would tune in to watch Chelsea every week over Barcelona. He's a defender who couldn't play, it's not surprising that the idea of teams playing attractive football is beyond him, football will have become solely about winning to him the moment he realised he wasn't anywhere near as good a footballer as Steve McManaman or John Barnes.

Ironic considering football is sold as entertainment by the company that he works for. If it was all about winning, everyone would still be talking about that Greece side that won the euros and everyone would tune in to watch Chelsea every week over Barcelona. He's a defender who couldn't play, it's not surprising that the idea of teams playing attractive football is beyond him, football will have become solely about winning to him the moment he realised he wasn't anywhere near as good a footballer as Steve McManaman or John Barnes.

That's probably the case, unfortunately. Definitely in England anyway (though that's not a fair comparison, obviously).

Guest firetotheworks

That's probably the case, unfortunately. Definitely in England anyway (though that's not a fair comparison, obviously).

I really don't think it is like. :lol: I'm sure Barca and Real are the most watched teams around the world.