Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

From an interview over at fifa.com.

I've cried, suffered a lot and I've had many nights where I've slept only a little bit and badly. I am a 'Madridista' through and through, but more important than me is the club.

Poor lad, Mou probably beat him up after training  :'(

Doubt I'd get much sleep next if I was sharing a bed with his wife

Guest Craig-NUFC

AS Monaco to start Ligue 1 next season on -2 points. LFP punishment for use of pyrotechnics v Le Mans last season.

Last week I wrote to the FA enquiring about the possibility of a 3rd place playoff match taking place in the FA Cup. Got a reply this morning basically saying that although they valued my suggestion it wasn't something they were thinking of pursuing in the near future. Put the letter up on the fridge anyway.

Last week I wrote to the FA enquiring about the possibility of a 3rd place playoff match taking place in the FA Cup. Got a reply this morning basically saying that although they valued my suggestion it wasn't something they were thinking of pursuing in the near future. Put the letter up on the fridge anyway.

:lol: Still can't believe they used to do that tbh.

Blackpool have turned down an offer of resignation from manager Paul Ince, according to Sky sources.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, 45, took the reins at Bloomfield Road in February on a one-year rolling contract and saw them to a 15th-place finish in the Championship.

He's a shit manager, no idea why anyone gives him the time of day (probably in hope they could keep his son)

Blackpool have turned down an offer of resignation from manager Paul Ince, according to Sky sources.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, 45, took the reins at Bloomfield Road in February on a one-year rolling contract and saw them to a 15th-place finish in the Championship.

He's a shit manager, no idea why anyone gives him the time of day (probably in hope they could keep his son)

Maybe they have decided to sell Tom and Ince has probably thrown his toys out of the pram. He will probably claim they are only selling Tom because he's black.

why would they turn that down.

Just been chatting to a lad who works in my office, he used to officiate a lot of the games around the north east back in the day. He was just saying when he officiated for Forest Hall Fusiliers he watched Peter Beardsley's brother play football. He said that he was better than his brother (Peter), but due to drinking, smoking + lases he ended up gaining a lot of weight so he could barely run, but still managed to amazing things with the ball.

Would be interesting to know how many talented kids we ended up losing due to drink or related reasons. Always hear stories like these, guess the persons talent increases with each retelling though.

Just been chatting to a lad who works in my office, he used to officiate a lot of the games around the north east back in the day. He was just saying when he officiated for Forest Hall Fusiliers he watched Peter Beardsley's brother play football. He said that he was better than his brother (Peter), but due to drinking, smoking + lases he ended up gaining a lot of weight so he could barely run, but still managed to amazing things with the ball.

Would be interesting to know how many talented kids we ended up losing due to drink or related reasons. Always hear stories like these, guess the persons talent increases with each retelling though.

I can confirm.

His brother, Ronnie I beleive?, used to play football in a five and six a side league my dad ran. He played for a team oddly called Archies Pork Rangers iiirc

I used to watch them a fair bit and he was incredible. First touch and control of a god. Was a rotund chap even then (early 80s and mid 80s): His control of the ball was joy to watch. Another couple of lads i went on to work with also played in that league.

One had trials with Spurs iirc, got pissed, wrought havoc upon london and was sent packing. later played in the same team as him (5 a side): Guy was awesome: but no discipline.

I guess many will have similar tales. Andy Sinton was in my year and had the discipline and dedication to succeed. There were far more "skilful" players at the time, but you just knew Andy was gonna make it.

Dedication, its what you need......a la Roy Castle....

I can confirm.

His brother, Ronnie I beleive?, used to play football in a five and six a side league my dad ran. He played for a team oddly called Archies Pork Rangers iiirc

I used to watch them a fair bit and he was incredible. First touch and control of a god. Was a rotund chap even then (early 80s and mid 80s): His control of the ball was joy to watch. Another couple of lads i went on to work with also played in that league.

One had trials with Spurs iirc, got p*ssed, wrought havoc upon london and was sent packing. later played in the same team as him (5 a side): Guy was awesome: but no discipline.

I guess many will have similar tales. Andy Sinton was in my year and had the discipline and dedication to succeed. There were far more "skilful" players at the time, but you just knew Andy was gonna make it.

Dedication, its what you need......a la Roy Castle....

I really liked that bit in Fever Pitch where Nick Hornby watched the infamous Cambridge United losing run in the mid-80s (wonder who ended the run? ;) ). He talked about the huge number of players they used - including loads of kids - most of whom were never heard of again. Andy Sinton was a kid just starting out in that team, and Hornby said he always had added respect for him because of it - he had to have extraordinary character to come into that team as a kid and still make it as a pro.

Guest VanBarduck

His revoutionary tactics didn't go down well....

http://strackattack.com/gifs/paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

;D

Iniesta has given €250k to his hometown club Albacete (in Spanish Segunda B) so they avoided relegation due to debt. He is already sponsoring the team through the vineyards he owns in the area. Legend :thup:

He should quit Barcelona and sign for them and help raise them up the league.  He just doesn't care enough though.

Iniesta has given €250k to his hometown club Albacete (in Spanish Segunda B) so they avoided relegation due to debt. He is already sponsoring the team through the vineyards he owns in the area. Legend :thup:

He should quit Barcelona and sign for them and help raise them up the league.  He just doesn't care enough though.

:lol:

Get in.