2013/14 - Reasons for Positivity? UPDATE: Three!

Ketsbaia

I'd like to think Pardew could actually do better next season. Probably will do better without that pesky European football distracting him.  :lol:

Hopefully we move some shite on (Shola etc.) and bring in some quality. Hoping Campbell steps up, we desperately need some class youth coming through.

The biggest potential reason for me is Pardew's mentality. He seemed to get lost in a spiral of negativity this year, with a bad start compounded by his ever-growing fears. Hopefully we catch a clean break for next year, the right players come in (aka they fit into a system so there's no formational tinkering), not too many go out and we can start again. If we get off to a decent start next year, I think we'll do well.

Wayne Rooney has been linked with a shock move to Newcastle - by a sports news agency owned by Magpies owner Mike Ashley.

The 'exclusive' story about the Manchester United striker appears on Sports Direct News, a subsidiary of Sports Direct, the sporting goods retailer owned by Ashley.

The report claims that Newcastle "have already sounded out Rooney’s agent over a potential move".

It goes on to quote a source 'close to the negotiations' as saying: “Newcastle see Wayne as their ideal player.

“He’s a strong centre-forward, would relate to the fans and would be a massive boost to the club’s brand name.

“Low-level conversations have already been held between Newcastle and Rooney’s agent, though the two clubs haven’t spoken directly yet.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-preparing-shock-bid-for-manchester-united-striker-wayne-rooney-8617652.html

- The possibility of an in form Cisse, with competition from another striker

- Campbell/Vuckic/Ferguson/Sammy stepping up potentially

- The end of the Colo saga. Either he leaves or commits to the club, we don't need that distraction again.

- The board having learned the lesson about not investing over the summer and building a full squad this time

- Pardew having literally no excuses this time if we get off to a slow start.

- No injuries (Yao)

- The possibility that a few of our rival clubs take a step back. (Everton with a new manager, Spurs potentially if Bale leaves and Swansea & WBA falling back to Earth)

Clutching at straws with a lot of those but we can't get any worse. (I hope)

- Thankfully we don't have the Europa Lague

- We might not draw Brighton in the FA Cup

- Players will respond well to a manager who exists in a repercussion-free environment

- More stability

The only positive I can think of is that it won't be as bad as this season. All depending on what players want to stay and play under our dinosaur tactics though. Painful watching good players wasted.

Not looking forward to next season in the slightest though. If we sacked Pardew though, I can't wait for next season if we make the right appointment.

1, Pardew will learn from his mistakes.

2, Ashley will spend shed loads of cash.

3, Lambias will choke on his own cock.

4, Rooney will sign.

5, shola will come good.

Carling don't do reasons for positivity...

Guest chicken little

Shola will be carried out in a box.

you wouldn't happen to know when, would you?

Good stuff. Next season can't possibly be as bad, and if it threatens to be then I think we'll have a new manager anyway.

This is it, like. For all the doom, gloom and hysterics, we're still in the Premier League. I'll be looking forward to this season as much as any, because I love going to and watching our games.

We've got the whole summer ahead to make whatever changes we need to make. But, if that doesn't include the manager, there's hope that the club may have learned to start being more acommodating of his strengths.

Good thread. :thup:

Good post. Would prefer a change of manager but if somehow Pardew gets off to a good start then it may be a decent season.

Return of Carroll? - I think it will give the club a lift no matter what people think of the signing.

It should in theory and also actually make the style work a little better. If Pardew is staying then we need a target man without a doubt.

My wishes for 2014:

Benfica: League, Cup and League Cup Winner. Champions League winner. World Cup winner. European and portuguese SuperCup winner.

NUFC: League, FA and League Cup Winner.

O0

Sound good to me.

My wishes for 2014:

Benfica: League, Cup and League Cup Winner. Champions League winner. World Cup winner. European and portuguese SuperCup winner.

NUFC: League, FA and League Cup Winner.

O0

Sound good to me.

If this happens, we shall have gay sex.