Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Just seen this, what a pile of wank.

Sweepstakes on how many minutes he'll manage all season. I go for 104 and I fear I'm aiming high there.

I say 269 minutes, one fewer than a red-card suspension, which he'll probably get if the toolbox is down to argy bargy and no longer includes running.

Andy Carroll was not signed as an alternative to Rondon so not sure why they're being held up against each other.

Joelinton was deemed a younger version of Rondon and was therefore signed to replace him.

Carroll is a freebie cheap option that wanted to come back home for low wages, and was deemed as worth bringing in, to ease Joelinton's transition to a new league, should he need some help.

Don't take this badly Kaka, but if you think that's the reason Carroll was brought back, I have some Florida swampland available you might want to take a look at.

Andy Carroll was not signed as an alternative to Rondon so not sure why they're being held up against each other.

Joelinton was deemed a younger version of Rondon and was therefore signed to replace him.

Carroll is a freebie cheap option that wanted to come back home for low wages, and was deemed as worth bringing in, to ease Joelinton's transition to a new league, should he need some help.

Because when you want someone to mentor a young, foreign player who doesn't speak the language and has no support base, Andy Carroll is obviously the best man for the job.

Considering the clubs track record of interfering with team selections when there is a contractual issue you would have to be concerned that Bruce might get prevented from selecting him at some point.

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull s*** that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as f*** world.

Sad reality under our s*** owner.

Rondon wanted ‘a normal wage’? There’s a reason he’s in China and not at Wolves, West Ham or Everton etc now.

Those reasons are Jimenez, Haller & Kean.

Don't take this badly Kaka, but if you think that's the reason Carroll was brought back, I have some Florida swampland available you might want to take a look at.

:lol:

Because when you want someone to mentor a young, foreign player who doesn't speak the language and has no support base, Andy Carroll is obviously the best man for the job.

Not as a mentor, but as a fill in for Joelinton should he struggle for form at any point.

Pathetic transfer if I’m being totally honest. Given he’ll probably not be available for long periods of time, he’s essentially unemployed, prepared to take minimum (football) wage and we had zero competition for him should be massive red flags. He’s been singed for for the positive PR rather than his footballing contribution in my opinion. A cheap, tacky, obvious signing because i5 was easy to do. No thought, effort or imagination has gone into this, it just suited all parties.

Doesn’t matter what’s happened to the squad, who’s left, who’s signed, how much has been spent, how much we’ve got back, it’s all moot. Because we’ve replaced Rafa Benitez with Steve fucking Bruce. That one replacement has just knocked 25 points from our total because this thick cunt is a million miles behind Rafa. His lack of ability renders every player transfer null and void, none of them matter. The most important individual at any club is the manager and we’ve gone from fillet steak to roadkill squirrel. We’ll go down and we’ll deserve to.

Top post

Not as a mentor, but as a fill in for Joelinton should he struggle for form at any point.

Which would be understandable if we weren't relying on a bloke who's very rarely there to fill in as he's so often crocked.

Paying Andy Carroll 70k every time he plays apparently :laugh:

Not a chance that is true.

I'd say there's a decent chance it's true. He was presumably on at least £100k a week at West Ham, the appearance would have to be large for him to contemplate a mainly pay as you play deal with a low basic and wages are generally higher for free transfers anyway

The Sun saying it’s 70k everytime he plays 20k basic salary.

Better get himself along to a food bank then.

Pathetic transfer if I’m being totally honest. Given he’ll probably not be available for long periods of time, he’s essentially unemployed, prepared to take minimum (football) wage and we had zero competition for him should be massive red flags. He’s been singed for for the positive PR rather than his footballing contribution in my opinion. A cheap, tacky, obvious signing because i5 was easy to do. No thought, effort or imagination has gone into this, it just suited all parties.

Doesn’t matter what’s happened to the squad, who’s left, who’s signed, how much has been spent, how much we’ve got back, it’s all moot. Because we’ve replaced Rafa Benitez with Steve fucking Bruce. That one replacement has just knocked 25 points from our total because this thick cunt is a million miles behind Rafa. His lack of ability renders every player transfer null and void, none of them matter. The most important individual at any club is the manager and we’ve gone from fillet steak to roadkill squirrel. We’ll go down and we’ll deserve to.

Agree fully. It's like some sort of joke, with a not insignificant proportion of fans lining up to almost approve of Ashley's trolling this summer.

Wouldn't keep Rafa or Rondon, but gives us Steve Bruce and Andy Carroll as a cheap joke version.

Like you say, we deserve to go down.

:lol: it's quite amusing watching him twist anything and everything into being a positive. Fucking mental, but amusing.

:lol: it's quite amusing watching him twist anything and everything into being a positive. Fucking mental, but amusing.

I’m extremely envious of him. Wish I could get into that mindset tbh.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andy-carroll/verletzungen/spieler/48066

In total he has missed around 3 and a half years being injured since signing for West Ham, 7 years ago.

It's also worrying that his current ankle injury seems to be a very serious one. A recurring injury, that he has struggled with since Jan 2018. Hopefully the latest surgery has been a success, otherwise I doubt we'll see him much at all.

Tremendous post.

Perfectly surmised.

Would honestly have rather just kept Joselu if Carroll was going to be the 3rd striker signed.

Over the last two Premier League seasons, Joselu has a goal every 383 minutes and Carroll has one every 401 minutes.

If Newcastle were looking for a cheap option to help support Joelinton in the goals department then they should have went for Llorente on a free transfer. Instead they went for the cynical option in Carroll instead of signing a decent striker for football reasons.

The club might as well have kept Joselu because at least he can stay fit. There is no point saying Carroll can do this or that if fit because its not a question if he can keep fit his body is just incapable of not being injured. I remember the same thing was said about Diaby at Arsenal, but injuries ruined his potential. Even in the unlikely scenario Carroll does stay fit he is not the same player he was 9 years ago. Its not like he was this elite player before his injury problems that can change a match with 10 mins left in a match. He was a decent player at his best, but nothing special.

Would honestly have rather just kept Joselu if Carroll was going to be the 3rd striker signed.

Over the last two Premier League seasons, Joselu has a goal every 383 minutes and Carroll has one every 401 minutes.

Aye I'm not sure this "class player when fit" thing is really true anymore