Sunderland

Nobody

#Against Modern Football? Presumably against that modern two-story portacabin flat-pack stadium, against the modern 20K supporters they conjure up for 'EPL' games (who magically disappear for cup semi finals) and against the modern nickname and badge they found when sky re-invented soccer in 1992. I mean 1997. Hypocritical c*nts.

They could be cut adrift (granted with games in hand) come their next league game, Palace at home.

The "must-win" tag gets bandied about too often but that really is. Don't win that, I think they're goners.

Their game next weekend should have been against WBA.

They don't play a league game for 3 weeks though?

Ah, didn't know that. FA Cup?

Still doubt they'll be far from saftey. So much shit at the bottom of the league it is untrue.

Yeah, though I'd still make them favourites to go down (only because they are in the bottom 3 and the fixtures will pile up in the last 2 months) I still think they will be well within a chance to get out of it over 1 or 2 fixtures. The only hope is that other teams pick up a few surprise results.

The 3 "games in hand" by the time Palace comes around will be City & Liverpool away, plus WBA at home which is going to be a 6-pointer you'd think.

The City and Liverpool games you expect them to lose, anything could happen in the WBA game. it's the fact that these games will have to be played in midweek not giving them a lot of time to prepare for their other matches, injuries and suspensions could come into play, and if say they won 1 of their regular fixtures a loss (though expected) against one of the teams in hand could be enough to take away any confidence they gained.

fucking against modern football? :lol:

what the shit is that all about?

I can imagine some Unabomber type, living in a tiny shack in the forests of Pennywell, writing a furious manifesto detailing how the use of goal stanchions will eventually lead to the downfall of society.