Sunderland

Nobody

£14M fee for a 32 year old  :lol:

God please make this happen :lol:

Nearer £3m I think you'll find or are you including his wages?

I think you'll find that when you buy players, you always include everything you have to pay for the duration of the contract.

However, don't think that when you sell a player, his wages disappears off your books, because that's not how it works.

He's got a good record against us. That's the only criteria they need to stay up.

Translation: He's got a good record against us. That's the only criteria they need to make a bunch of t-shirts and idolise him as some sort of messiah.

Seriously though? How much have they spunked on Altidore, Whickham, Fletcher et al....only to fall back on this has-been?!  ;D

£14M fee for a 32 year old  :lol:

God please make this happen :lol:

Nearer £3m I think you'll find or are you including his wages?

I think you'll find that when you buy players, you always include everything you have to pay for the duration of the contract.

However, don't think that when you sell a player, his wages disappears off your books, because that's not how it works.

He was just talking about the fee though, by this logic Di Maria is probably going to cost Man Yoo something like 200m :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

SAFC ‏@mackemboy1879 49 secs50 seconds ago

Yes! One of, if not THE best English striker to have played in the prem is joining #SAFC! Turned down #THFC #SCFC and #NUFC! Welcome Defoe

:spit:

To be honest Defoe is a great finisher, supply him and he'll score, Sunderland's problem will be to supply him.

He'll be good enough to keep them up, maybe get a mid table-finish. It's worth noting that he's scored on every debut he's had. He'll be good enough to keep them up for the next 18 months or so. They seriously need to sort their scouting out though, loads of over rated domestic players going there and loads of barely capable foreign players. It's almost like they do their scouting via Match magazine.