Sunderland

Nobody

A few clearly rattled hypocrites on there it seems.

"Who gives a s**t what the mags say or think?" Well many of the posters on there for a start. We "Nick it on the last day of the season" and that's our big achievement. What exactly have SAFC ever achieved since 1973 other than winning derbies and annual relegation scraps?

I'd never even heard of this NETD shite until the day we got relegated, and then again on the day of the Tchoyi hattrick and the mackems pipping us in the PL standings at the death. As if they're now trying to pretend that it was something that our fans came up with :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

We've both got more in common with each other than ever before like. North East Football is so horrifically bad at the moment.

We are both equally s****, and once again finished in the bottom third. I'd rather win 2 derbies and finish a point behind them, then the opposite. 15 or 16th means nowt.

You could argue that so does finishing 16th after winning two derbies. All utterly pointless.

We are both equally s****, and once again finished in the bottom third. I'd rather win 2 derbies and finish a point behind them, then the opposite. 15 or 16th means nowt.

You could argue that so does finishing 16th after winning two derbies. All utterly pointless.

Not really because without winning the two derbies they'd have finished 19th.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2015/may/advocaat-departs

Sunderland AFC can confirm that Dick Advocaat has advised the club that he will not continue in the role of head coach.

The 67-year-old Dutchman informed the club of his decision this evening, stating that he no longer wished to continue a career in club management.

Sunderland AFC chairman Ellis Short said: “Although I am extremely disappointed, I understand and absolutely respect his decision. In his brief time here he made a real impact and lifted the club with his experience and enthusiasm. We will always be grateful to him for what he achieved.”

Speaking about his decision, Dick Advocaat said: “At certain moments in your life you have to make a decision and I am almost 68 years old now. A number of clubs contacted me but the decision was always Sunderland or nobody.

“I would like to thank the chairman, Lee, the staff and of course the fans. We gave everything in our time there and achieved what we set out to. Sunderland has been one of the highlights of my career.”

Sunderland AFC sporting director Lee Congerton added: “I know it was a tough decision for Dick to make but he felt that he couldn’t commit to the intense rigours of club management on a longer-term basis and we respect his honesty.

“In his short time here he was fantastic to work with. He had and will continue to have the utmost respect of everyone here at Sunderland.

“I would like to sincerely thank him, along with his assistant Bert van Lingen and coach Zeljko Petrovic for the hard work and dedication they showed in the last two months and they leave with the very best wishes of everyone at the club for their achievements.”

Bit of a shame he's not staying as I think he'd have struggled next season.

Nailed on for Fat Sam surely?

Maybe they'll do fuck all and put the head cone stacker in charge for a few months.

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2015/may/advocaat-departs

Sunderland AFC can confirm that Dick Advocaat has advised the club that he will not continue in the role of head coach.

The 67-year-old Dutchman informed the club of his decision this evening, stating that he no longer wished to continue a career in club management.

Sunderland AFC chairman Ellis Short said: “Although I am extremely disappointed, I understand and absolutely respect his decision. In his brief time here he made a real impact and lifted the club with his experience and enthusiasm. We will always be grateful to him for what he achieved.”

Speaking about his decision, Dick Advocaat said: “At certain moments in your life you have to make a decision and I am almost 68 years old now. A number of clubs contacted me but the decision was always Sunderland or nobody.

“I would like to thank the chairman, Lee, the staff and of course the fans. We gave everything in our time there and achieved what we set out to. Sunderland has been one of the highlights of my career.”

Sunderland AFC sporting director Lee Congerton added: “I know it was a tough decision for Dick to make but he felt that he couldn’t commit to the intense rigours of club management on a longer-term basis and we respect his honesty.

“In his short time here he was fantastic to work with. He had and will continue to have the utmost respect of everyone here at Sunderland.

“I would like to sincerely thank him, along with his assistant Bert van Lingen and coach Zeljko Petrovic for the hard work and dedication they showed in the last two months and they leave with the very best wishes of everyone at the club for their achievements.”

Leaves a bit of a legend for them. Fair enough like, he's done a great job, way beyond anything I expected.

Maybe they'll do fuck all and put the head cone stacker in charge for a few months.

Ricky Sbragia is at Scotland now.

Nervous about the potentially decent manager they could appoint - they've got to get one right eventually!

So does this mean Dick's been told there's no money? Because that was meant to be a factor.

Good for him. As it's been said he's got a legend status there and he doesn't have to deal with Sunderland's DOF  signing has been players that his agent mates want to have one more last payday.

If he stayed on Sunderland would have signed has been's on high wages and would be in the same relegation battle at the end of the season.

Nothing I didn't expect. Dick Advocaat chases the money, always does. I'm sure he will have been very handsomely rewarded for keeping them up, and he's probably looking forward to some time off before another short, highly lucrative stint somewhere else at this stage of his career/life.

Maybe they'll do fuck all and put the head cone stacker in charge for a few months forever.

FYP

Nothing I didn't expect. Dick Advocaat chases the money, always does. I'm sure he will have been very handsomely rewarded for keeping them up, and he's probably looking forward to some time off before another short, highly lucrative stint somewhere else at this stage of his career/life.

Advocaat said he was going to either stay at Sunderland 1 more year or retire (which his wife wanted him to do anyway) He's obviously been told what his option was by his wife :D